Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 11 October 2009

Autumn Colours

Good morning. There are quite a few challenge blogs out there that have 'Autumn/Colours of Autumn' as the theme for this week, so I decided I would have a go and create something for my Dad's birthday card with that theme in mind. This is what I have come up with:
I started by creating the 'crackle' background - I stamped the image using Tim Holtz 'Peeled Paint' distress ink then dusted over with 'Mustard Green', 'Pale Gold' and 'Burnt Marigold' Cosmic Shimmer mica powders. Then I stamped the leaf image - Creative Expressions 'LL333E' using Tim Holtz 'Aged Mahogany' distress ink. I then distressed the edge of the card panel with the 'Peeled Paint' distress ink. I also stamped a couple more leaf images and cut them out to layer on top.
This panel was then layered onto a larger piece of brown cardstock that I had run through the Cuttlebug 'text' embossing folder and then attached to the cream base card. I finished it with a die cut sentiment that I distressed with the same distress inks and double ribbon from my stash.
I am entering this project into the following challenges for this week:
  1. Trimcraft C.R.A.F.T challenge

Thanks for popping over.

Have a great day.

TTFN

21 comments:

Caroline said...

Perfect autumn theme card! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calender Challenge. Caroline x

Juls said...

very stylish card!

brenda said...

Gorgeous Debs - we also have an Autumn theme at BTCG and lots of prizes on offer !

B x

brenda said...

Hi again Debs

Think I forgot to thank you for joining us at BTCG this week.

B x

Kim. said...

Great card, perfect autumnal feel and colours. Thanks for joining us in our first challenge.
Kim xXx - Crafty Calendar Challenges.

Trimgym said...

Lovely card Debs, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Love,

Jo.

Jill said...

aww Debs your card is beautiful I love all the leaves so pretty thanks so much for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Your card is perfect for autumn and I love those leaves. Thanks for being cute and girly. janex

Georgia said...

Fabulous card Debs, I love the leaves and the colour scheme is perfect! Thank you for joining in with the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :)
Georgia xx

Katie said...

Goegeous Autumn card!
I especially love the embossed background.
Thanks for joining in the 1st challenge at By The Cute and Girly!

Julie said...

A fantastic Autumn card Debs. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Julie x

debby4000 said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous, brilliant work.
luv
Debby

Beryl said...

This is fabulous Debs and just right for the BTC&G challenge. Thank you for joining us.
Beryl xx

Peggy said...

Goregeous card !!!

Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge !!!

Peggy xx

pinky said...

This card is beautiful, would love to have a go at that crackling! Thanks for joining us a BTCG this month.
Pinky

Hope Jacare said...

fantastic leaves and background! Thanks for playing at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, Gorgeous autumn card!

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Lisa x

Magda said...

Lovely card, great leaves. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. challenge & good luck.
Magda :)

Anesha said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. Anesha

Jules said...

Hi Debs

Sorry I am a bit late in commenting but as you know I have been away and am only just catching up with the world.

What a fantastic autumn card - I really love it. I bet your Dad did too.

You have put a lot of work into your creation and really shows. Beautiful. The leaves are fantastic.

Thank you for taking part in the very first "By the Cute & Girly" challenge. I hope you play along again next month.

Love Jules xx

Rach and Jan said...

Hiya!

This lovely, your leaves and background are really effective.

Thanks for joining us at BTC&G.

Luv Rach x