Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 17 October 2009

Allsorts Monochrome Challenge

Where did last week disappear to??!!!
I can't believe that it's Saturday already - the week has flown by!!
We had some fab Halloween projects at Allsorts last week - don't forget to check back to see who won the super Pink Gem prize stamp.
This week Brenda chose 'monochrome' as the theme with a sketch to follow as well. Now, if like me you thought monochrome was just Black & White then you might be pleased to hear that according to the ancient Greeks it means a picture done in different shades or a range of tones of a single colour - this makes it a bit more interesting - don't you think?
Anyways, with that in mind here is what I have come up with:

I started by colouring a piece of white card with tim Holtz distress inks - Fired Brick and Mahogany. Then I stamped the swirl and baubles with perfect medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Lava Black embossing powder - what you can't see are the red tones to the embossing powder - it's fab!!! I can't remember were the DP's are from - sorry!!! The sentiment is a Fancy Pants rub on and the stars and ribbon are from my stash.

Ooops - nearly forgot to let you know that we have a fab sponsor this week -

Bunny Zoe's and Nikki is offering one lucky winner this fab stamp as a prize

How cute is that????

Hope you have a great weekend.

Thanks for popping over.

TTFN

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, Gorgeous card! Love your colour combo.

Lisa x

Biscuitlid said...

beautiful card - and laughed when I saw it too! I was looking in all my drawers and boxes today for some red star gems for a card I was making and ended up without them, and you've got them on yours! Spooky

Victoria
x