Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Wish me Luck!!

Good afternoon and welcome to my second post of the day!!!
I wasn't really going to share this with you all, but I'm now getting soooooooooooo excited I can't keep it all to myself any longer!!!!!
On Thursday of this week I am going to be doing my first 'proper' workshop & demonstration at a Craft Centre in Taunton - how nerve wrecking is that???!!!!
I have already posted a sample of one of the cards they want me to demonstrate - here it is again:

They want me to demonstrate another card so I have used the same stamp plate and similar colour scheme and have come up with this sample:

As this one fits the theme over at the Crafty Pad this week - at least 1 circle & the colour purple, I thought I would enter it into the challenge.

For the second card I stamped the image onto a circle (cut using a nestie) with Perfect Medium clear and embossed it with Silver Shine embossing powder. I then inked the edges with Dusty Concorde distress ink and mounted it onto a black scalloped circle - again cut using a nestie.

The swirl was also stamped with Perfect Medium clear and embossed with Silver Shine onto some purple pearl card and matted onto black card before being attached to a 6" x 6" white square base card.

The sentiment was stamped & embossed as before onto black cardstock and then trimmed and attached to the top left corner with 3D foam pads.

Well, off to have another practice at making both these again - as you know what they say 'practice makes perfect' lol!!!!!

Catch ya later!

Thanks for popping by.

TTFN

9 comments:

bubblegum said...

Hi Deb - wow love both your cards they are stunning. :) Beautiful images and fabulous embossing..really creates a classy card. :)
Good luck at the Taunton show - you will be great - all your cards are beautiful and your attention to detail is wonderful.
Thanks for entering such a fab card into The Crafty Pad challenge and good luck in the draw. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Debs


wow that is fantastic news hun
I bet you cant wait

Emma xxx

Vicki said...

OMG, Get You! Wow Deb that's fabulous, how did this come about? I can image you are terrified, I don't think I could do that, a real proper demo....lol Your cards are really fab and I hope it goes really well, when you get a chance email me your address (postal!)

Big hugs
Vicki x

Liz said...

Debs Wish I lived near I'd come cheer you on! Your cards are brill you will have no trouble at all take a deap breath and think ur at home Good luck cant wait to hear how you get on please pop over let me know!
Liz xx

Ps your card is the TOPS

Cheryl said...

this is so classy hun 2 great cards,love the embossing hope all goes well with the class hugs cheryl xxxxx

Jules said...

Oh wow Debs - lucky Taunton.

Now I know your secret!!! Well done.

Your cards are beautiful.

I am sure all will go well for you and can't wait to hear all about it when it is over.

Love Jules xx

Lesley said...

Good luck Debs. You'll be fine. Lovely card
Lesley x

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous.
luv
Debby

maxine said...

Hi Debs I hope you have had a good week. Two lovely cards thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad