Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 1 June 2009

Christmas has officially arrived!!!

Sorry if you don't think it's a good idea to start Christmas early - but I just couldn't wait to get started with this new stamp and to try a new technique with some stencils and embossing paste as well.
These are the cards I have made so far:
Here I stamped the image onto acetate and then covered the reverse side of the acetate with gilding flakes - I then mat and layered onto silver glitter paper and silver mirror card and then put 1 onto black cardstock & 1 onto white.
For this one I sprayed comic shimmer mica powders onto a squre of white cardstock - when it was dry I then stamped the image onto it and cut each one out - including the 'star'. I then covered a black base card with some lovely DCWV purple star paper and added a strip of black & purple glitter card. I then mounted the stamped images onto the glitter card strip.
For this one I stamped the image onto some decorative DCWV snowflake paper and cut each king out. I embossed on the reverse to give them a 'bowed' 3d shape. They were then mounted with foam pads onto a mat of purple DCWV christmas paper and silver mirror board, finished with some white organza ribbon with a black swirl and then onto a white base card that had a mat of snowflake paper and silver mirror board.
I absolutely love the technique that was used on these cards - the end result is fantastic.
Here I have used embossing paste and a stencil and then covered the images in Glamour Dust - wow such dazzle& bling - it's gorgeous lol!!!!
Phew - that post took almost as long to do as it took to make the cards lol!!!!!
Hope they give you some inspiration to get the Christmas stuff out and get crafty.
Off to have a cuppa now.
Be back later - probably!!!
TTFN

4 comments:

brenda said...

Grief girl, you are busy - Christmas cards on 1st June scares me to bits (only because I always leave it so late). Love the wise men and gold leafing, well they are all great, so many different techniques.

B x

Zoechaos said...

Well you have got ahead for Christmas but then if you have lots and lots to make an early start makes sense :-) Beautiful results and great effects with the gilding flakes.

Doodles said...

Your cards are stunning Debs , I saw these stamps on QVC and was tempted by them but money is tight so thought i better not. Got a few nice christmas ones from last year i can play with. Thank you for the inspiration i might just play with christmas
hugs Sharon xx

Samantha said...

WOW you have been Busy! fantastic selection of cards!! can I ask what did you stick the guilding flakes to the Acetate with?
I have some and so want to try this technique but am not sure what to use?? pretty please!