Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 15 September 2016

Ribbon & Lace with Pink for In The Pink

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.

It has been so long since I last popped something on my blog and those that are my friends on FB will know the reason - sadly my Dad passed away 4 weeks ago yesterday whilst I was on my holiday (and also on my Wedding Anniversary) - to say I was devastated and somewhat broken would be an understatement.

However, on Sunday 11 September we held a Memorial Day for my Dad and although it was unbelievably emotional it was also heartwarming to share fondest memories with close family members and honour my Dad with his favourite takeaway - a chinese.
Just now I feel a sense of peace although another emotional weekend is planned when we take Dad's ashes back to our hometown of Belfast to scatter them over a playing field he loved to play cricket on as a boy - returning on his birthday 17 October.

I have been trying to 'carry on' with life as normal and felt it was time to rejoin my fabulous supportive teamies from

IN THE PINK

so today I would like to share my DT make for the new challenge following the theme

RIBBONS AND LACE

Card Ingredients:

Design Papers: What a Hoot
Pearlised Flowers: The Hobby House
Ribbon, Lace and Twine all from stash

Our sponsor this time is

offering 1 lucky winner £10 to send in their online store.

Please pop over to the challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from my DT buddies - you won't be disappointed.

Thank you for popping by and all your continued support.

Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

16 comments:

Valerija said...

Very beautiful. Love the image and papers you used.
Valerija xx

Jane Savage said...

Sincere and deepest sympathies for your tragic loss, Debs! Such a devastating time for you and your family.
Your card is utterly gorgeous. Hugs xxx

Karen Knott said...

Hi Debs,
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, its wonderful that you have been able to have a lovely memorial to him with his favourite things like the chinese meal. When I lost my mum 2 yrs ago my brother and I sat for hours each talking about our memories of mum, cried and even sometimes laughed at different things we each remembered...those memories are the things you treasure as time goes past.
I found my cardmaking helped me a lot too, your card is gorgeous
Big Hugs, Kaz xx

Bad Kitty said...

super sweet card!
Fiki

Christine L said...

A beautiful topper and a stunning card Debs - loving again the use of the bits of ribbon tied with the twine... such a clever idea!

Christine x

Lorraine said...

I was so sorry to read about your Dad on FB.....sending you big hugs.

Your card is gorgeous, love the pretty topper and the fab papers.
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Debs, such a pretty image and fabulous design.
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, it must have been devastating for you, especially as you were on holiday. I hope everything goes well on your trip to Belfast.
Take care.
Pauline
x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Debs, I like the sweet image and the embellishments
Kevin xx

Carol S. said...

I know exactly how you are feeling. Life improves slowly but try not to rush things. Crafting, especially painting, has always been my comfort blanket. Your card is stunning and a beautiful image and design. Take care, Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sue B said...

I've been thinking about you Debs… so glad that you are carrying on with your crafting… it's good to do that if you can, as it will lift your mood and help you through. I'm glad that you feel a sense of peace… a part of your dad will always be right there with you in your heart hun.
This card is totally gorgeous! what a lovely image and the pretty papers and embellies that you've teamed with it are just perfect!
hope the weekend goes well and you remember lots of wonderful memories together.
Love and Huge Hugs, Sue B xx

pinky said...

ach you have been having a rough time, there is nothing worse Debs, my hearts feels for you. Belfast is 25 miles away from me and I will keep you in my prayers this weekend that everything goes smoothly and helps you with the healing process. sending loads of hugs. I love your stunning card and I am sure your Dad was so very proud of you. X
Pinky

Whisper said...

Simply delightful hun, Luv Sam x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww Debs, I am so sad to read this hunny. I lost my daddy 16 years ago, he was far too young! Not a day goes by without missing him and wishing he were still here. I feel for you so deeply hunny and wish you all the comfort that wonderful family and happy memories can bring at this sad time. So glad you can find some comfort in your crafting too. Your card is beautiful. Sending you big hugs and deepest condolences hunny, Wends xoxo

Kat W said...

Just WOW! I totally LOVE this card; it's full of prettiness and your layout is fabulous :-) The little collection of ribbon and lace snippets is beautiful and what a great way to use up scraps too!
Only 2 more sleeps!!
Big hugs, Kat xx

Sue said...

Hi Debs, sending you very much love and will be thinking of you 17th. This is an absolutely beautiful card. You have put everything together perfectly with that cute topper.
Thank you for Wednesday - what a fab day! I am totally in love with crackle technique!
love from
Sue...xxx

Lynsey said...

Hi Debs I so sorry to hear the news about your Dad, sending you hugs.
Love your pretty card! Lynsey xx