Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 21 July 2016

It's Time for Rubber at In the Pink

Good morning my lovely crafty friends - hope you are managing to stay cool in this fabulous water we are having in the UK at the moment.
I know some of you don't like it but I love it and hope it lasts a little longer. 
Although a cool breeze wouldn't go amiss!!!

Anyway I'm about to get packed and head off to Peterborough for another Hobby House show on Create and Craft but before I do I would just like to share my DT make for the new challenge over at 


and this time we would like you to

GET YOUR RUBBER OUT

So any stamped image on your project and remember to make the main colour pink

I had a play with one of my very neglected but old-time favourite rubber flourish corner stamp and an adorable cute fluttery stamp and here's what I came up with 



I started with creating the background using Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks that i spritzed with some Goosebumps - this gave it a sparkly texture - not captured very well on the photos :( 
Then I swooshed it onto watercolour card and dried it with my heat gun before stamping the fabulous flourish in the corners using Versamark and heat embossed with White EP.

I stamped the butterflies onto vellum and heat embossed with a sparkly EP then fussy cut.

I die cut the frame using a Spellbinders die and raised it with some foam tape over a strip of vellum I placed across the inked and stamped panel.

Finished it off with a die cut sentiment.

Our sponsor this time is 
offering 1 lucky winner £10 to spend in their online store.

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the stunning inspiration from my lovely DT buddies - you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for popping by to see me and for all your continued support.

Have a fabulous day.
Stay cool.

TTFN

14 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful make, very effective

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Debs. Love the bright pink and your spritzed background. The butterflies are so pretty.
Looking forward to seeing you next show.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Jane Savage said...

Stunningly beautiful, Debs! xxx

cheryl said...

oh love this hun,seen a lots of purple today on my rounds,and this is lovely soft and delicate hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Far too long since I've stopped in for a visit hun. Hope you're well and oh my goodness, I've missed some gorgeous creations! So busy with the kiddos on Winter break. Glad you're enjoying the British Summertime! Love the card design on this one, so beautifully framed and the corner and butterfly stamps are beautiful on this. Love the vellum touches. Beautifully crafted, gorgeous, gorgeous card. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Bad Kitty said...

very nice

Sarah said...

What a beautiful design Debs, that pink is luscious!! xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Debs, gorgeous colours and pretty butterflies.
I watched the show this afternoon, you were great - I even popped over to The Hobby House website and bought a load of goodies.
Pauline
x

Lorraine said...

This si gorgeous Debs, love the colours and design
Lorraine x

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Debs… I always love your flutterbys! the background looks stunning… bet the sparkles look even more amazing in real life too!
Off to watch you on catch up now.
Hope you are well my friend
Love and hugs, Sue B xx

Carol S. said...

Love the background and colours. Gorgeous design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pollard Carole said...

Fab design its so pretty and I love the colours Love and hugs Carole x

Christine L said...

This is fabulous Debs.... such a clever way to use those flourishes, and the butterfly finishes it off perfectly!

Big hugs
Christine x

Kat W said...

This is a total 'WOW' card for me because it seems a simple design at first glance but has so much lovely detail with the inking, embossing, and pretty vellum strip and it's all put together so beautifully...I totally adore this :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx