Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 25 April 2016

Negative Space Colouring for My Mum's Craft Shop

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.

Hope you had a fabulous weekend.

I think I have just about come back down to earth following my super exciting adventure last week and I am now just sat on tenterhooks waiting to hear when my first live show will be - watch this space!!!!

And what helps keep me calm is having good old play in my little crafty haven.
So that's exactly what I did most of this weekend and today I have my DT inspiration for 


I recently saw a tutorial by the mega talented Jennifer McGuire about 'Negative Space Colouring'
and thought I would have a go using a gorgeous image from Altenew 'Botanical Garden' set available from My Mum's Craft Shop.
I added a touch of sparkle to my embossed flower using Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen in clear.

Other items used from My Mum's Craft Shop:

Right today is ironing day - yuk!!!! But the sooner I get it done the sooner I can get have another play in my little crafty haven - yippee!!!

Thanks for popping by and for all the fabulous congratulations comments here on on FB - I really really do appreciate all your continued encouragement and support.

Have a fab day.
TTFN

14 comments:

Christine L said...

Oooh this is a different way of thinking.... but I do like it... It's very effective and quite striking!

Oh dear.... ironing! Get it over with quick!

Big hugs
Christine x

Claudia Rogier said...

prachtige kaart,

grtjs
Claudia

Crafty She said...

What a lovely card. x

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Debs & so elegant :o)
Have a great week.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful card!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Debbie said...

Hiya Debs
Sorry not been around much....life is so busy isn't it?
Wow Wow wow, cannot believe you will be working for Jill on C&C. I know Jill, she is so lovely next time you see her tell her I miss seeing her and so does Angie my partner in crime.
Jill stopped going to the Harrogate Craft Fair and Port Sunlight and her shop is too far for me to travel, so it's a good 18 months since I last saw her, she is lovely.
Good luck and let us know the date.
Lovely card by the way!
Busy busy for me, my Big Wedding is creeping up (September 3rd) and last weekend bought my outfit, so getting on.....invites for night doo to do yet!
All Go....lol
Love Debbie X

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Debs, looks very stylish :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous, fab design and colours.
Hope you got your ironing finished!
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Debs, beautiful colours and a fabulous technique.
Can't wait to see you on C&C.
Pauline
x

Janice said...

Gorgeous card Debs and an interesting design! Very Purple, a tribute to Prince perhaps? All is ok here, next appt 9th May so no news till then. Well done on your screen debut, let us know the dates so we don't miss it, Jx

Donna Mosley said...

A very beautiful card Debs, love it.

Donna x

Carol S. said...

The gorgeous background colour makes the image pop. Fabulous!!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pollard Carole said...

Stunning what a fabulous design gorgeous background perfect love and hugs Carole x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Debs this is so beautiful what an awesome effect the dark background really makes this 'pop' superb card
hugs
lorraine x