Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, 11 March 2016

Home Sweet Home

Good afternoon my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you've had a good week and are ready for a fabulous weekend.

I'm looking forward to a spot of retail therapy tomorrow with my DH down at Cribbs Causeway and hopefully I will be treated to some scummy lunch somewhere :o)

Today I thought I would pop by with a mini MDF Pallet Art plaque I made earlier this week 
So here's what I did:

I started with the mini 8"x8" Pallet Art from Stamps Away and painted it using Americana Chalk Paint in Primitive and when that dried I added a coat of Crackle Medium and left that to dry then added a coat of Americana Chalk Paint in Lace. Before that coat dried I gently rubbed some away for a more distressed look.

Then I blended some Pumice Stone Distress Ink through a flourish stencil in each corner before adding some Sparkle Texture Paste through the Home Sweet Home stencil.

Finished with a little natural twine string ready to hang on the wall - or in my case ready to be packed away until my first Craft Fayre of the year in July.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes
Julia Spiri Challenge - Anything But a Card
Southern Girls - Getting Wordy
2 Creative Chicks - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafting for all Seasons - Add Some Sparkle
Crafty Creations - Sentiment as Focal Point
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes

Thanks for popping by today and for all your lovely comments left recently.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

TTFN

18 comments:

Janice said...

Gorgeous as always Debs - love it! Happy shopping at the weekend, Jx

Chrissy said...

I love your project Debs..lovely technique and soft colours..gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

mixamatoasties said...

That's beautiful Debs xx

Bad Kitty said...

so nice
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<
Fiki

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Debs, a lovely rustic feel but also very elegant.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline
x

Carol S. said...

Love your plaque and the texture is gorgeous. I am sue will sell quickly. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pollard Carole said...

Stunning project the plaque is so lovely Enjoy your shopping and lunch love and hugs Carole x

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful project Debs. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Julia Spiri. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Anna-Karin said...

I love this. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Anna-Karin DT

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is beautiful, lovely texture. Have a lovely weekend x

Christine L said...

I do love shabby chic............ and I DO LOVE this!! You're so talented at the interior design goodies.. I know this'll sell immediately!!

Big hugs
Christine x

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful project Debs. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Julia Spiri. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

sue k said...

Lovely pallet art, great colors and design. Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks.

Sue - 2 Creative Chicks DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Donna said...

Stunning design Debs, love the woodwork with the embossing over the top, looks so beautiful and elegant:) Donna ♥ x

Lori T said...

So adorable, thanks for joining us at Julia Spiri xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely project and thanks so much for showing us your talent and entering into our challenge...xx Julia Spiri Challenges {aNNie}

Nana said...

Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥
♥ Sunny Day Crafting ♥

Kandy's Krafts said...

Gorgeous project. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Girls Creations challenge.