Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 11 February 2016

Friendship

Good afternoon my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you are having a good week.

I had a fabulous day yesterday catching up with two of my lovely DT buddies - Kat and Sue over tea and cake in Cheltenham.

Today I thought I would share the little gifts I made for each of them now that they have been received - and I think they liked them :o)

One in blue:
And of course one in pink:
I used a couple of blank MDF plaques - they measure 15cm x 5cm 
Painted with chalky finish paint and then I used a crackle medium and painted with contrast chalk paint - really should have taken a photo of the reverse that shows the crackle effect - doh!!!

I papered the front side and then added some vintage lace, pearl string and some pretty floral details and of course the fabulous 'Friendship' sentiment - die cut using MFT pierced squares and inked with Distress Ink before taking out of the die to give a soft colour effect but keeping the border white.

Thanks for popping by.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

17 comments:

Sharon said...

These are gorgeous Debs and I am sure your crafty friends will have loved them. Love the sentiment.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

These are fab, bet they loved them

Bad Kitty said...

very beautiful !
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Cara said...

Really lovely gifts, so fresh and with a wonderful sentiment. Cara

cotnob said...

It sounds like you had a lovely day Debs, how nice to meet up with friends. You made wonderful gifts, so pretty - a lovely idea.
Pauline
x

Carol S. said...

Very lucky ladies to get such a pretty gift each. Love the papers and designs. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Janice said...

What a lovely gift, bet they were delighted! Beautiful work Debs, Jx

coops said...

Both so stunning Debs,I love the sentiment and your detailing and pretty soft colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Christine L said...

These are beautiful Debs... I know Kat and Sue will treasure them! I SO wish I lived closer!!

Big hugs
Christine x

Liz McGuire, said...

Never mind like I bet they loved them!! They are gorgeous and would take pride of place in any room.

Liz x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

These are gorgeous Debs! How lovely you and Sue and Kat could catch up. A little hard to do with most of my DT buds since I live in NZ! So fab to have crafty pals close by. I get they utterly loved their special gifts. I love the sentiment and it will be such a sweet thing to have on their craft room shelf! Truly gorgeous!! Hugs, Wends x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a really special gift. These are just gorgeous.
xxx

Tracey said...

Wow! These are beautiful Debs & what gorgeous presents :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Pollard Carole said...

So lovely and what a thoughtful thing to give bet they loved them Love and hugs Carole x

Lynsey said...

Hi Debs what beautiful gifts! These are stunning!
Hugs Lynsey x

Diane said...

Wow two really gorgeous projects and love the details.

Hugs Diane

Sue said...

Hi Debs, I had a brilliant time last Wednesday - everything about it was perfect, tea, cake, crafty cant and of course catching up with you and lovely Kat. Of course - the best part was receiving your beautiful gift - I absolutely love it, your are so talented and so lovely! (31 ish - (I think) sleeps (-;) Thank you lovely friend...
Sue...xxx