Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 30 January 2016

On Your Wedding Day and My New Die Storage

Good afternoon my lovely crafty friends.

It's a lovely bright sunny day here in Gloucestershire but brrrrrr it's so cold - great weather for a brisk walk along the canal path and a lovely hot cup of coffee at the end :o)

Today I thought I would pop by to share a Wedding Card I recently made for my MiL to give to her friend's daughter that is getting married later this year.
Here's what I used:
Image: LOTV Die Cut panel 
Design Paper: LOTV 'Heartfelt'
Tonic Studios 'Trellis Square' die set 
Martha Stewart Scalloped Heart Border punch
Pleated satin ribbon
Adhesive Pearl Swirl from The Hobby House
Pearl String from The Hobby House
Flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts
Memory Box Fabulous Phlox Die (Foliage)

So in my last post I said I would be back to share my fabulous new die storage system - I sooooooo love it - does that make me slightly mad????

Anyway here is it:

and here's all my dies now fabulously organised




As you can see each magnetic sheet holds so many dies and the storage system display stand that you can also buy makes it easy to flick through the system to find the die you're looking for.

I used to store all my dies in folders with plastic wallets and magnetic sheets but found that the weight often ripped the plastic wallets or in some cases the magnetic sheets were double sided and even though they were in a plastic wallet they still stuck together. I have however still used one of the folders to store all my Memory Box dies:


So once I sorted out my dies I thought I better sort out my stamps so they are now all either in ring binders 


Using Martha Stewart 4 section or 2 section plastic wallets 




or the 'Stufftainers' stamp storage from Sir Stampalot



Sorry for the photo overload but hopefully you may find my storage solutions useful.

Challenges I would like to enter my card in:

My Time to Craft - Love is all Around
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Polkadoodles - Love and Romance
Wags n Whiskers - With Love
Crafting for all Seasons - Ribbons and Pearls
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes

Thanks for popping by today.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

26 comments:

Kath said...

A lovely card - the image is perfect. I'm impressed with your die storage - I'm looking for a new storage system and this one seems just what I've been looking for!
Kath x

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card Debs. Love the LOTV image and a very pretty design. Just redone my craftroom now we have moved. Hugs, Carol S.xx

ellyscard creatief said...

Love your card,it's awesome.
The storage system looks very useful.

Sue said...

Debs, this is beautiful, you have put together so many gorgeous details to make this gorgeous card, there is something pretty to lookout everywhere! I love your storage, so tidy and organised, not like me!
Sue...xxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous wedding card Debs, fab image and I love all the bling
How organised are you! It looks brilliant....next time you are in York....my rooms a tip!!...Only kidding....if you're ever in York...tea and cake!
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

Such a pretty Wedding card Debs, a lovely image and lots of fabulous details.
You are certainly well organised now, your storage looks great - I will be interested to hear how it goes.
Pauline
x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful card debs and your storage is fab, so organized x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Firstly gorgeous card. Secondly love to see good storage solutions. I have the magnetic folders with extra sheets inside. I like to store mine by type eg seaside theme, garden, butterflies, circles etc and have several folders for the different types. I have my stamps in A5 folders mainly apart from the bigger stamps. Never seen those four part wallets before, wher are they from? They look good.

Abi said...

Such a beautiful wedding card Debs.

Am rather taken with the die storage too, you should be on commission lol! I have my eye on a couple of craty items due to some Christmas/Birthday money, no firm decisions taken yet though! Hope you're enjoying your weekend xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Hi Debs, thanks for your comment and the welcome back xx
Love your card- so pretty and romantic.
oh wow! fabulous organising. Your die system looks brilliant. I will definitely be looking into that. xx

pinky said...

Beautiful wedding card Debs, loving all those gorgeous dies you have used too. Wow your storage is so well organised now. I have my dies in the plastic pockets but they really don't behave lol. My stamps are stored in so many places I tend to keep using the same ones rather than hoking others out. I NEED organised!

Deborah said...

Gorgeous Wedding Card, I sure the couple will love it. Your die storage looks great, thanks for sharing.
Deborah A

Bad Kitty said...

very nice card!
love your storages!
it is so great!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning Wedding card and i'm so loving that Tonic trellis die too.

Oooo would you mind coming round to my house, as you are so good and organised ;-) and am loving your new die storage, Luv Sam x

Christine L said...

Well I LOVE the wedding card Debs.... a perfect layout and gorgeous detail.

And then.......... WOWWWWWWWWW I thought I had a lot of dies and stamps!!! Compared to you..... I don't! LOL! Fantastic storage solutions there... though I do have to have my dies all within reach!

Big hugs
Christine x

Lynda said...

Stunning card. I love the image and the layout. Love your storage ideas too, might pinch a few lol Thankyou for joining is over at Brown Sugar for our 'ATG' challenge, hope to see you again soon Lynda DT xx

Bernadet said...

Fantastic card Debs!
Love the image and the dies you've used!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Debs thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
Dianne x
IDCB DT

Pollard Carole said...

Gorgeous card its a delight I really appreciate you taking time to follow my blog , Fantastic storage solutions you put me to shame with all my odd boxes !! Love and hugs Carole x

Jane Savage said...

What an exquisite card, Debs! Glorious colours and embellies! Great storage ideas too! I have just finished sorting out MY die storage…it’s taken me 4 days!!!! xxx

Merlina Hadi said...

Stunning card.
Hope you also join in our challenge here
http://mycraftingstories.blogspot.co.id/2016/02/challenge-2-anything-goes-dt-call.html

Hugs,
Merlina
My Crafting Stories

Karon said...

Fabulous card - love the design! Thanks for joining us for our Love & Romance Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

Veronique Baadjou said...

That is one stunning card!!
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all seasons
Veronique DT

Crafting Diva said...

Stunning card and amazing storage need you to come and tidy my room...just getting back into blogging love your blog please feel free to visit mine as have a little draw going on x

Claire said...

Gorgeous make!Fab storage too, I'll join the queue waiting for you to come and organise me too lol. Thanks so much for joining our 'Love and Romance' challenge over at http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire xx

Anita Byrne said...

Stunning creation thanks for joining the love and Romance fun over at Polkadoodles and good luck.
Anita (DT)
http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/