Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Don't be a Square at Papertake Weekly and some news

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.

It is so good to be back after my lovely relaxing holiday - will share some photos with you at the end of this post.

Firstly though I must apologise for my late posting of my DT make for the new challenge over at 

PAPERTAKE WEEKLY

and this week the theme is 

DON'T BE A SQUARE

I decided to decorate one of my many MDF heart shapes - ready for a Craft Fayre I am hoping to do on Saturday at Dumbleton Village Club


Ingredients Used:

MDF Heart from the MDF Man
Design Papers: LOTV 'Dress Shoppe'
Pearl Bead String from The Hobby House
Range of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the fabulous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

My post title said I have some news to share so here it is:

Whilst on holiday I had time to think about what I wanted to do with regards to my blogging and DT commitments and after much deliberation I made the tough decision to step down from most of the fabulous Design Teams I have had the honour to create for over the past few years. 
My heart and soul just hasn't been in it for a little while now - maybe because I have had and still do have so much to do - especially for my eldest Son's wedding in just over 10 weeks time - but also the fabulous opportunity I have had recently creating for Papercraft Inspirations - for which I am so grateful.
I have been blogging for just over 6 years and feel the enthusiasm isn't the same as it was when I started - so I thought if I took the pressure off with DT work that it might return.
I will still be creating for Papertake Weekly - one of my most favourite challenge blogs from the start and also Sugar Nellie who I have very recently just joined. 
So you will still see me around and I will definitely have more time to come and visit you all too.

I have made some fabulous friends on the Design Teams I have created for and I hope we can stay in touch - thank you all for your support and understanding.

So on a brighter note here are a few of my favourite holiday snaps from our recent very relaxing break:

A pool with a view!!

My gorgeous hubby :o)

Two loves of my life.

My brother and his partner also on holiday so close to us we were able to meet up for dinner one evening.

A re-creation of a photo taken last year - see next photo
How much have we all changed!!!!

Love this :o)

Two best friends - with co-ordinating T-Shirts lol!!!

Hope I haven't bored you all too much!!!

Thank you for popping by to see me - hoping to start playing catch up with my visits later today.
Have a fabulous day.

TTFN

19 comments:

Sue said...

I love how you have decorated your heart Debs. The papers are gorgeous, the sentiment is beautiful and the detailing is so pretty.
Glad you had a fabulous holiday, your photos are wonderful.
Sue xx

Christine L said...

Hi Debs...

I very much love this heart creation (needless to say I'm a bit biased because of the colour maybe...), the verse is beautiful and just right for the heart.

Love your photos - thanks for sharing them - you look so happy in them all! And you KNOW how much you'll be missed at In The Pink........ but you've been a wonderful part of the team - and for that, I thank you!

Big hugs
Christine x

Sarah said...

Love the pretty heart Debs, that is sure to be a seller!! Your pictures made me smile, particularly the lads, what is it about teenagers and their inability to share their teeth!!? My boys are/were just the same. Looks like you were in a beautiful spot. I get where you are coming from with your blogging, especially this time of year when there is so much else to do, but glad you aren't giving it up completely, I, along with many others, would miss you xx

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful creation, Debs! So pretty and feminine!
So sorry to hear that you are stepping down from some of your teams but sometimes you need to take a step back and concentrate on other things. Big hugs to you!
Amazing photos: wow what a lovely family you have! Glad you had such a wonderful time! Take care! xxx

Lucy Woods said...

Stunning Debs! Gorgeous papers and embellishments! Lovely holiday pics too :-)
Lucy x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh your holiday snaps have made me envious for the sun!!! They are all lovely. I love your heart today its so sweet. Sorry to see you leaving some DTs. Im sure you will be missed, Love Hazelxx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous photos Debs, love the before and after and I love your gorgeous heart wall hanger..so very pretty.

luv CHRISSYxx

Janice said...

What a beautiful heart Debs and what a lovely sentiment. A great project to share and I hope these items sell well for you. Great holiday photos, looks like you all had a lovely relaxing break. Sorry if I made you blub with my comment, but you know it was meant in the nicest possible way and so many DTs will be missing you. But hey I fully understand your decision to cut back as life takes you in a different direction. All well here, just wishing for a bit of summer sun! Will email soon as I will keep in touch! Hugest of hugs, Jx

Lorraine said...

A beautiful heart project Debs, love the design- so pretty.
Your photo's look fabulous, lots of happy memories created!
Lorraine x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous heart Debs, I love the beautiful paper and sentiment! Great photos too, it looks like you had a fabulous time!
Hugs, Tammy

cotnob said...

A beautiful heart Debs, such a lovely sentiment and pretty pink papers.
Great photographs, it looks like you all had a wonderful time.
Sorry to hear that you are stepping down from most of your DTs, make sure you keep in touch.
Pauline
x

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous heart and wonderful sentiment! Looks like you had a great holiday too!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous heart so pretty. Lovely hol pics. Sad you are leaving PG but quite understand, mag work is demanding xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous heart Debs, I'm sure it'll go well at the Fayre. Fabulous holiday photos to treasure. Have a wonderful weekend!

Love and hugs
Maarit

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful project Debs love the papers and flowers the sentiment is awesome, love the holiday pics looks like you are all enjoying it, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Abi said...

They are gorgeous holiday pics Debs. Loving your heart too. We're sorry to see you go from SS too but sometimes you just have to do a bit of life reorganisation, even if it is tough at the time hopefully it all works out well in the end. Hugs xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Debs this is a gorgeous make! Looks like you had a wonderful holiday!
Hugs Lynsey x

Marjorie said...

Fabulous Heart Debs, and the photo's are beautiful, I bet you didn't want to come home lol! xx
Hugs,
Marjorie x

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous heart hanging Debs :-) I hope the craft fair went well, I am sure this would have sold!! so pretty :-)

Lovely photo's too, looks like you all had a wonderful time :-)

luv
Lols x x x