Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 14 May 2015

Stitching Real or Faux at In the Pink

Good morning my lovely crafty friends. 
How fast has this week gone???  I can hardly believe it's nearly the weekend again already.

But I am so looking forward to it.....
 We are going to theatre on Saturday evening to see Lord of the Dance but more importantly my squidgilicious Grandson Oliver will be back from his jolly holibobs and I can't wait to see him!!!!

So today I'm here to share my DT make for the new challenge over at 


and this time we have the fabulous theme

STITCHING - REAL OR FAUX

I decided it was time to crank up my very much neglected sewing machine and have a go at some real stitching. 
Here's what I did:




Card ingredients:

Image: LOTV Art Pad Set 27  'Beautiful Blooms'
Background created using Anna Griffin 'Poppy' embossing folder and then sanded back 
Spellbinders: Romantic Rectangles
Sentiment Tags: LOTV Set 24
Spun Sugar Distress Ink
Rhinestone Sparkler: The Hobby House

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the awesome inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

22 comments:

debby4000 said...

Such a beautiful card.
luv
Debby

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Debs that image is gorgeous I love the pink and black together the frame and stitching look ACE.
hugs
lorraine x

Christine L said...

HI Debs.. I always love pink and black together - and wow.. you've used it well here!! Love the stitching around the border too.. and that gorgeous LOTV flower image!

I'm very jealous of you going to Lord of the Dance... I'd really love to see that! And don't you think the weeks are going faster as we get a bit older?? LOL! Mine certainly do!

Hugs
Christine x

Lucy Woods said...

Beautiful! The frames and stitching are fab and I love the sparkly!!
Lucy x

Bad Kitty said...

Gorgeous card
love the image

Sarah said...

This is wonderful Debs and that stitching is so beautifully neat!! Love the black and pink combo xx

Whisper said...

Aaaah gorgeous, i'm loving the black and pink together and all that fabby embossing too, Luv Sam x

Chris said...

A very beautiful card Debs. Love the pink and black combo and fab stitching.
Chris
x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Debs, such a pretty image and great stitching and embossing.
Pauline
x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

A gorgeous card Debs, love the stitching. Enjoy the show!! Susan xx

Kat W said...

I can hardly believe another week has almost flown by and it sounds like you have a lovely weekend lined up too!

Your card is gorgeous, I'm loving all the pretty layers and the black layer really makes everything else pop.
I have recently got my hands on that art pad...I should really give t a whirl!

Big hugs, Kat xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Debs
Mega pretty card. The image is beautiful and you have complemented it so well with the other layers.
Enjoy your theatre trip.
Best wishes
Ang x

Sue said...

Debs, this is a beautiful card. I love the delicate edge to the die cut with the gorgeous colour combination and decorative stitiching...all perfect. a big thank you from me too for the lovely warm pink welcome...
Sue...xxx

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and love this image. Great dies too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Janice said...

Such a beautiful card Debs, love your image and use of dies. Sounds like you have a fun weekend lined up, glad your little buddy will see you soon and I bet the show will be fantastic. Always wanted to see one of these Irish dances, but sadly not Craig's thing! Jx

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie, gorgeous colours, hugs Pops x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow Debs, this is so pretty! I love the layer and dimension and the stitching is so pretty. Gorgeous design. Hugs, Wends x

Vannessa said...

This is so gorgeous Debs and I love all the layering and stitching! Wish I could use my machine like this!

Hugs, Vannessa x

Donna said...

Fabulous card Debs, love the black mat and pretty image...beautiful die-cut layering too! :) Donna ♥ x

Deborah said...

Gorgeous card and I love the stitching.
Deborah A

Lynsey said...

Hi Debs what a beautiful card! Love the stitching,
Hugs Lynsey x

Sue B said...

Oh this is gorgeous Debs… the stitching looks really fab and I love the beautiful image and pretty frames… the card has a lovely elegant vintage feel to it!
Hope you enjoyed Lord of the Dance on Saturday… and had a wonderful time with Oliver!
Hope Jack's exams are going ok for him also.
Big Hugs Sue B xx