Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, 22 May 2015

Festive Food at Winter Wonderland

Good evening my lovely crafty friends.
Huge apologies for being so late with my DT make for the new challenge over at 


But I have been super busy today.
It started with some Face Time this morning to sing Happy Birthday to my scrummilicious Granddaughter Lola Arizona who is 4 today.

Then I took Jack to school for his English Lit exam and popped to the supermarket on the way home before my hospital appointment to have my feet scanned. 
The bad news there is they found I have torn the ligaments in my toe so my second toe is no longer attached to my third toe and that is what is causing the pain in my foot when I walk too far for too long :o(

They also told me my feet are very wide for their length - apparently my width is equivalent to a size 8 foot but I'm only a size 5!!!!

Unfortunately I can't really consider the surgery option at the moment as the recuperation is just too long - at least 6 - 8 weeks no driving and 3 - 6 months before you can wear most shoes comfortably - so with our holiday at the end of June and then the wedding in September I just don't think the timing is right.

So the advice is walk in open toed footwear (or bare feet) or walk less :o(
Anyway - it is what it is and I won't let it get me down.

But if course you haven't called by to listen to all that so without any further ado here's my make for the new challenge theme of

FESTIVE FOOD



Our sponsor this week is
Offering 1 lucky winner £10 to spend online.

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the fabulous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

I have 2 DT posts to share with you tomorrow - so I'm off to schedule them now as I will be on my way to see my gorgeous Lola Arizona in the morning and to have fun at her Snow White birthday party.

Have a fabulous evening.
TTFN

11 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful card

Sarah said...

Such a sweet penguin Debs love his Christmas pud too!! Glad to hear that you have a definitive diagnosis for your painful foot. Just think of all the crafting you will be able to do if you have the surgery in the autumn/winter xx

Claire said...

OMG Debs, I can't believe what I have just read! No wonder you were in so much pain, but so unfortunate that you cannot get anything done about it at the moment, just take it easy and try not to do any more damage. Are you going to consider the surgery option later in the year? Love your card, cute image and love the bright colours. Sending lots of hugs, Claire xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debs, and adorable image. I love the added sparkle and wonderful design.
Sorry to hear about your foot.
I hope you have a good weekend.
Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh poor you do take care with your foot. Gorgeous cute card, love the image and the circle x

Carol S. said...

Great card Debs and love the image. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Carol S. said...

Great card Debs and love the image. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sue B said...

Oh this is really sweet Debs… such a cute image and I love the fab sparkles and the beautiful trellis circle! really stunning! :-)
So sorry to hear about your feet… it doesn't sound the right time for an operation at the moment but maybe after the wedding. I really hope you can find some comfy shoes and the pain doesn't get too bad in the meantime. keep your chin up hun.
Hope you have a wonderful Snow White Party... bet it will be awesome! Hope Lola Arizona has a very Happy Birthday!!!
Love and hugs, Sue B xx

Christine L said...

This is a fabbie Christmas card Debs... I have a little passion for penguins as you know!

And ooh ouch to your toe!! How did you do that and when? You may well said before, but you know me.. dementia setting in - so I can't remember! LOL!

Big hugs
Christine x

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Debs, such a cute image and great design.
Sorry to hear the news was not good about your foot, I hope you can manage until surgery becomes an option.
Pauline
x

Jennifer said...

LOVE your fabulous DT card, Debs!

Ouch your foot sounds painful...hope you can get it sorted soon.

Hugs
Jennifer. x