Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 9 February 2015

Hearts/Valentines - GDT at Crafty Boots

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Mine was fairly quiet in comparison to recent ones - which meant I had lots of crafty playtime in my little crafty haven.

This card was recently picked as Top3 in the 


and I was very lucky to be invited to be Guest Designer for this month's challenge and today I am super thrilled to be sharing my GDT make for the theme

HEARTS AND VALENTINES

Here's what I came up with:




Here's what I did:

I cut 6 hearts using my Scan n Cut from some scrummy LOTV 'Heartfelt' DP's
I added some faux stitching to the centre of 3 of them and folded them in half.
I stamped a flower stem across another piece of LOTV 'Heartfelt' DP and adhered the 3 flat hearts to the top of the stem then adhered the folded hearts over the top - just adding glue to the centre fold.
Finished off with a fabulous Diamante Spacer and Acrylic Gem a couple of paper-pieced stamped leaves and sentiment tags from LOTV.

Thanks to the lovely ladies at Crafty Boots for inviting me to Guest Design for them - such an honour.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafty Calendar - Anything Goes
Inkspirational - Rose Colours 
We Do Doobadoo - Hearts and Flowers
ABC Challenge - C is for Cupid
Chocolate Coffee and Cards - Love is in the Air
Crafts 4 Eternity - With Love 
Fairy Tale - Something with a Heart
Polkadoodles - Flower Power
Crafting for all Seasons - Have a Heart
Fab n Funky - Hearts and/or Flowers

Before I go I would just like to share a couple of my favourite recent photos of my gorgeous Grandchildren:

Here's my snuggalicious Ruby Mae all dressed up for her first baby ballet:


Here's my squidgilicious Grandson Oliver fast asleep with Grandad:


and of course my scrummilicious Granddaughter Lola Arizona enjoying a Hot Chocolate and Muffin:


I am so lucky to have such beautiful people in my life :o)

Thanks for popping by to see me today and for all your lovely comments left recently.

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

27 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Debs I do love the papers and that amazing flower how clever to create it from hearts, awesome make.
hugs
lorraine x

ike said...

This is just marvelous - I LUV it. :-) Saw it over at the Crafty Boots challenge when I went to enter and just had to pop in and leave you some lurve :-D
Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog

Sue said...

Congrats on your GDT spot Linda. Your card is gorgeous, I love the papers and beautiful design.
Thank you for making me smile by sharing some photos of your adorable Grandchildren :)
Sue xx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is beautiful beautiful Debs… I love the 3D flower that you've made from hearts!! and the DP's are gorgeous!
Congratulations on your GDT Position and being in Top 3!
Awww your photos of Grandchildren have made my day… they are all so sweet! lovely to seem them so happy!! :-)
Hope you have a good week!
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Ira Huberts said...

Such a pretty flower card, love the grungy background. And wow, no wonder you are so proud of your family, your grandchildren are adorable! Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sarah said...

Lovely card but the littleys are lovelier!! xx

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Debs, such a fabulous design - your heart flower is brilliant, such a clever idea.
Fabulous photographs of your adorable grandchildren.
Pauline
x

Carol S. said...

Loving this CAS card. Gorgeous colours and design. Hugs, Carol s.xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Debs
A pretty, soft, elegant card. Truly lovely.
Smashing pics of the nippers too.
Have a great week.
Ang x

Judith said...

Such a pretty card Debs and even prettier grandchildren! - they look so grown up now, time passes so quickly
:) hugs judith x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliantly made card and love the image using the heart dies cuts and goodies added. Thanks so much for entering in our challenge at CC&CC.
Hope to see you in our next challenge. Cheers, aNNie {Chocolate Coffee and Cards DT Member}

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Nikki said...

Pretty card. Love the background and the heart flower. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

Nikki

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Debs, I had something to say about your card, but I've gone blank for a minute because all I can think about are those delicious Grandbabies of yours! Oh my goodness, they're all so cute!! Ruby Mae is too cute in her wee tutu and little Oliver snuggled up with Grandad, clearly has the best seat in the house! Lola looks so chuffed to be having grown up girl time at the coffee house. Three beautiful Grandbabies. Right, now I remember... Gorgeous card hunny, utterly inspired design idea using the hearts as petals for the flower. Love the handmade paper effect too, with the heart petals. Love it! Thanks for joining in the fun at Fab ‘n’ Funky for our ‘Hearts & Flowers’ challenge. Hugs, Wends x Fab ‘n’ Funky DT

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

What a gorgeous card Debs, so romantic. Beautiful pictures of your lovely grandchildren there is certainly nothing more precious! Susan x

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card and I love the design of it. Love your grandchildren to. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Anjie said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining us in our Flower Power challenge at Polkadoodles
Anjie (Senior DT)

Milka Gubo said...

Gorgeous card! I like it a lot! :-D
Your grandchildren are so cuteee! :-D
Thank you so much for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge this fortnight. I hope to see you again. :-D
Milka GDT

Barb said...

Beautiful card, loving that flower with the look you've given to it. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafting for all Seasons challenge. Barb

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Debs, love the design and fab pictures of the grand children too - all growing up so fast. Hugs, Claire x

Christine L said...

Wow Debs... that flower is so very effective - and your card looks so gorgeous... loving it! I'll have to try the heart/flower effect!

Thanks also for sharing those very lovely photos of your grandchildren....... soooooo cute - you are a very lucky lady!

Big Hugs
Christine x

Kim M said...

What a beautiful card! Love how you made the flower. Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

Rosebuds n Ribbons said...

Beautiful card ! thanks for joining us at Flower Power challenge http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
Happy crafting Susan ( senior DT )

michele said...

Fabulous card :) thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity hugs x

Anita Byrne said...

Stunning creation thanks for joining the fun over at Polkadoodles and good luck.
Anita (DT)
http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/

Bianca said...

What a lovely project! I love the colorcombo you have used! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! Bianca XX

TantiK Creation said...

Such a lovely card with a lovely flower. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.

Kim. said...

Gorgeous card, love the paper and your flower looks so good on it.
Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge this month.
Kim x
P.S your grandchildren are adorable.