Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 3 January 2015

Something New at A Gem of a Challenge and Sweet Stampin'

Good morning my lovely crafty blogging friends.

Big day ahead as we de-Christmas the house and get 'back to normal' in the Simpson household - quite sad really as it always leaves things looking empty for a while :o(

On a positive though it means I will have space to display some of my new Christmas gifts from the kids and my DH - the kids both got me plaques from the Grandchildren with lovely phrases on and my DH bought me a wooden duck that I may have pointed out that I liked :o)

So today is the first weekend of the year and also the start of two new challenges of two DT's that I am on so I am here to share two DT makes with you today as the theme for them both is 

SOMETHING NEW
So my first DT make is for


and I decided to make a framed keepsake for a 'New Baby'



Here's what I used:
Pink Gem Designs: 'Keep Calm It's a Baby Girl'
Spellbinders: 'Timeless Rectangles'
'Buttons' fron the Hobby House 
Frame from The Pound Shop - bargain!!!

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

As always the very generous Janet is offering 1 lucky winner
 2 Individual Digi images
(NO SETS, PERSONALISED WATERMARK'S OR SENTIMENT SETS) 
of the winners choice from PINKGEM DESIGNS.....

So my second DT share is for the new challenge over at 


This time my 'new' is new stash - new dies and new sentiment stamps:




Card Ingredients:

Sentiment Stamp: Kaisercraft 'Friendship Sentiments' 
Design Papers: LOTV 'Timeless Victorian'
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts 'Sweetheart Blossoms'
Metal Butterfly from stash
Adhesive Pearls: The Hobby House
Martha Stewart 'Frond Branch' punch
Milled Lavendar Distress Ink

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the fabulous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

Our sponsor this week is:
offering 1 lucky winner:
£10 voucher to spend in their online store

As always I am so grateful for your continued support and even more so as I enter my 6th year of blogging!!!

Thanks for popping by to see.
Will ctach up with you all later this evening when all the hard work is finished - I hope!!!

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

21 comments:

Tracey T said...

Happy New Year Debs! Gorgeous cards - love those die cuts! xx

Christine L said...

Both fabulous creations Debs... I'm loving the framed top one... so perfect for a new baby girl.... and the second.. oooh those die cuts!!

Big hugs
Christine x

Sue said...

These are gorgeous Debs. I love the framed New Baby Keepsake and your card is beautiful.
I have just finished taking all our Christmas decorations down, the house looks so empty now!

Sue xx

Juls said...

Beautiful :-) xx

cotnob said...

Two fabulous projects Debs, I always love your home decor pieces and this one is no exception.
A fabulous card, pretty colours and lovely sentiment.
We've just finished taking our Christmas Decorations and Trees down - the house looks a little sad now!
Pauline
x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Simply gorgeous makes Debs, both are lovely keepsakes.

Happy New Year sweetie.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sarah said...

Great makes Debs. Christmas has left the Wills household and sad though it is, the house looks so look tidy!! xx

Sue B said...

Oh these are gorgeous Debs! I love the baby girl plaque… what a fab frame!! you certainly did get a bargain there! it makes a lovely keepsake.
and love your card… it's SO pretty… those dies look very beautiful with the contrasting tones. It's a fab sentiment too! :-)
I've not taken the decorations down yet… will do them on Monday but I think I will leave some fairy lights up as it's SO dull at the moment!
Have a lovely evening!
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Chris said...

Two lovely creations to start the New Year! The baby girl plaque is beautiful, a lovely keepsake for the new parents (keep calm is always good advice with a new baby around!!!!)
Your card is gorgeous, lovely design and such a fabulous vibrant colour choice!
Chris
x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Debs
Happy New Year to you!
Lovely start with two great creations. Love the picture and what an absolute bargain for the frame!
Best wishes.
Ang x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Two gorgeous makes today, that picture is so cute for a new baby

Carol S. said...

Two gorgeous cards and love both the designs. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Both those makes are gorgeous Debs! Love the dies and paper you used for the Sweet Stampin' card. Just gorgeous hunny. Hope you'll come link up your fav makes of the year to my 'Top 12 of 2014' too. Big hugs, Wends xxxx

Wishcraft said...

Two beautiful creations Debs, both so lovely!

We're de-Christmassing today... meant to do it yesterday, but ran out of time. It always looks so bare when it's done though, doesn't it? Hugs, Lisa x

Ira Huberts said...

You have started off the New Year with some lovely cards, Debs! These are beautiful, love how you used your dies here! Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

Whisper said...

Aaaah what a pair of gorgeous creations hun the baby keepsake, is simply stunning.

Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year, Luv Sam x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hiya, Happy New Year, WOW I love nboth your creations they are stunning, Loving all the pink for the baby girl piccy, Love Hazelxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Happy New Year Debs! Hope 2015 is a wonderful one for you all! Two fabulous projects what a gorgeous frame to welcome a baby girl! Susan x

Wedgie said...

Hi Debs, Happy New Year!
Gorgeous cards...my favourite colours!

Wedgie xxx

Judith said...

Happy new year Debs x - hope its a good one - I I'm loving the baby girl frame - just so pretty and your card is such lovely colours hugs judith x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Debs, oh wow love the simple design and the colour choice is fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx