Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 10 November 2014

Challenge #151 at Sketch n Stash

Good afternoon my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

It was great to spend some time with my beautiful friend Claire at The NEC on Saturday but it was so sad to see her so heartbroken and devastated. But I do think it did some good to be out and about being 'normal' and of course we did do some crafty shopping but not as much as we usually do. 

So today I have a DT make to share with you for the new challenge over at 


and we have another fabulous sketch to work with.

Here's what I did:




And here's what I used:
Image: The Hobby House Pre-Coloured Die Cut Topper 'Elisabeth Bell - Summertime'
Design Papers: Maja Designs 'Coffee in the Arbour'
Pearl Strings from The Hobby House
Memory Box 'Lavish Branch'
Mini 2015 Calendar from stash

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

We have two fabulous sponsors this fortnight:
offering 1 lucky winner this prize:
and 
offering another lucky winner:
4 images of their choice.

It would be great to see you join in with us this time - looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Before I go I would also like to let you know about the first Christmas Craft Fayre I have this weekend:
If you are in the area or you know someone who will be - it would be great to see you there :o)

Thanks for popping by today.
Have a fabulous evening.
TTFN

16 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sure you were a comfort and a tonic Debs. What a gorgeous easel calendar, such a pretty image and gorgeous papers too xx

Pop's Cards said...

Simply Beautiful, hugs Pops x

Carole said...

This is a fabulous creation Debs.
Glad to hear you shared some time with Claire, give her my love.
Hope your sale goes well
Hugs
Carole x

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful calendar Debs, I love your pretty image and papers - the pearl details are fabulous.
Pauline
x

susiestacey said...

Little steps at a time for Claire, christmas will be very difficult time coming up too for her - sending some hugs.
Lovely card today Debs - l 'found' my little calenders on my desk today under a pile of stuff and really need to do something with them.
Hope the craft fair goes well x Susan x

Whisper said...

Aaaaah absolutely gorgeous, and a super idea too.

Poor Claire, she is probably living in a bubble at the moment, that doesn't feel real, I so feel for her,as it happened to me 11 years ago, Luv Sam x

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning creation Debs, love it. You are such a good friend to Claire hun. Big hugs.

Donna x

Wendy said...

So pleased to hear you and Claire spent some time together at the NEC.... Sending hugs x
Gorgeous creation, love the sweet image and pretty colours and details.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debs, I love the sweet image, pretty papers and such beautiful detailing.
My heart really goes out to Claire. I am sure your continued support and friendship is of a great comfort to her.
I hope the the Craft fair goes well for you.
hugs Sue xx

Daniele said...

such a sweetie of a card Debs, my heart goes out to Claire,
hugs x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I am sure your support of Claire is so appreciated, I am so sorry for her awful loss. Glad you had a good day. Gorgeous calendar, these are glong well at my fairs. Good luck with yours x

Mau xx said...

Gorgeous!! Its so pretty Debs.
Thanks for being such a good friend to our sweet Claire, my heart aches for her and the girls xxx
hugs Mau xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

You must have been a good tonic for Claire Debs my heart goes out to her. I love your calendar such gorgeous embellishments. Susan x

Christine L said...

Your calendar is fabulous Debs... I have those toppers also (was just looking at them in my drawer the other day.... what a perfect way to use them!

Glad you and Claire managed to get to the NEC at the weekend... I think you're right, I'm sure some kind of 'normalality' helped. You sound like a very good friend to have.

Hugs
Christine x

Julie said...

Wonderful take on our sketch Debs! Beautiful colours and such a pretty image and papers! Hugs, Juliexx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is stunning! Such a beautiful creation and really pretty colours.
Rebecca.
x