Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Super Fly at Papertake Weekly

Good afternoon my lovely crafty friends.
Well it's still dull and damp here in Gloucestershire - me thinks the Autumn has arrived and is set to stay :o( 
On the up side I guess that means there is a good reason to stay inside snug and warm and happy in my little crafty haven.

So today I have my DT project for the new challenge over at 


and this week we have a fabulous theme of 

SUPER FLY 

So basically anything with wings is what we would love to see.

For me that just had to be Flutterbys - or better known as Butterflies - but they do flutter by :o)

And here's what I did:




And here's how I did it:

I recently bought some fabulous Pallet Art Kits and I started by covering the panels with some Chervon Paper by Hazel & Ruby from Create and Craft and then placed some re-useable Everyday Word stencils - also by Hazel & Ruby
Then I painted over it with Vanilla Chalk Paint and removed the stencils - simples :o)
Embellished with a few favourite Flutterby Spellbinder Dies and Martha Stewart Punch
Inked with Spiced Marmalade and Warm Honey Distress Inks and a few adhesive pearls from stash to finish them off.

I made this for one of the upcoming Craft Fayres I have next month - but it is possible it may not make to the sale as it looks pretty good on my wall :o)

Our sponsor this week is 
WoJLogo_180x130
Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the details of the prize on offer and to see the 'Super Fly' inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

Thanks for popping by today and for all the lovely comments left recently - I really do appreciate all your support.

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

19 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

A gorgeous plaque Debs, love the pretty pastel pinks. Susan x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous project Debs, I love the background and gorgeous butterflies.
Pauline
x

Christine L said...

Wow Debs... another fabulous make... and I think if I was you, I'd definitely keep it!!

Now here's my problem... you're making faster than I can comment!! I may end up just visiting you once a week if that's OK... otherwise I'll never get my own crafting done! LOL! But please don't think I'm not seeing your other makes... Just I hate leaving three word comments that some people just copy and paste! I think when someone is taking the time to share something they've made with such care - it deserves the respect of a proper comment - yes??

Soo... with that in mind... I'll be back at the weekend!

Hugs
Christine x

Ira Huberts said...

What a wonderful and sweet, girly plaque, Debs, love those pretty butterflies! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Whisper said...

Aaah absolutely delightful hun, luv Sam x

Sue B said...

Oh this is Gorgeous Debs… I love the inspiring words and the beautiful and cheery colours… those flutterbies are SO pretty!! I think you should definitely keep this for your wall !! you can always make another for the craft fayre! ;-))
Hope you have a lovely evening!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Marjorie said...

This is fabulous Debs, love the colours so Autumny lol! You are very artistic and I love what you did with the kit...
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Oh wow debs I love this.
It's stunning
Hugs Kelly

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous plaque Debs !! the colors and whole design of this is fabulous ! LOVE it :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Julie said...

Beautiful Debs, fab colours and design! Hugs, Juliexx

Debbie said...

Wow, loving your pallet art dearie.so beautiful.I can understand why you'd want to keep it.love it.Hope you're okay.Hugs x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous plaque Debs, you have made some goregeous decorations lately x Susan x

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Debs, such a gorgeous design and beautiful colours. I can see why you may be reluctant to sell it!
hugs Sue xx

Juls said...

Gorgeous :-) xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Some new products to me there must check these out. Fabulous make x

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is just stunning!! hugs Pops x x x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful plaque Debs the colours you have used as well as the butterflies and wording look smashing, a superb project
hugs
lorraine x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

It's so dark and grey outside but this beautiful creation has definitely brought some brightness into my day! I love the colours you've used and those gorgeous butterflies.
Rebecca.

Bad Kitty said...

gorgeous