Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 20 October 2014

Ooops I Did it Again!!!!

Good morning my lovely crafty friends. Hope you've had a wonderful weekend. 
For me it was a weekend of highs and lows - Saturday was fabulous - did a lovely 6 mile walk with  my DH in glorious sunshine along the canal path then had a little crafty in my little crafty haven......... but as the post title says - on Sunday I decided to go for another walk in the morning with my DH but just a short walk down to Starbucks for a coffee when Ooopps I took a bad step into a pothole and yes completely twisted my still not completely healed ankle - I can assure you that 'ooopps' wasn't the word that immediately sprang to mind. 
Seriously the pain at the time was excruciating - it actually made me feel physically sick :o(

Anyway so here I am again with my ankle the size of an orange but I can just about walk on it - my DH got my a support sock which does help.

Today I thought I would share another of my Home Decor items I have been busy stocking up on - this is a Chalkboard Countdown to Santa Coming:




So here's what I used:

2 MDF Hearts from the MDF Man - small one painted with Chalkboard Paint
Large one painted on reverse with Indigo Blu 'Postbox Red' Acrylic Paint and then covered with Craftwork Cards 'Magic of Christmas' Design Paper
Memory Box 'Frostyville Wreath - die cut in white and then black to create a shadow.
Sentiment: Miss Kate Cuttables SVG that I converted in my Scan n Cut :o)
Gingham Ribbon and Adhesive Pearls from stash

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

Thanks for popping by today.
Hope to catch up with you all later this evening whilst sitting with my foot up!!!

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

15 comments:

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Debs, such a brilliant idea and I love your papers.
Sorry to hear about your ankle - you will just have to rest it and perhaps do a little crafting!
Pauline
x

Debbie said...

Hi Debbs.
Oh no what are you like.
Just to let you know, when I twisted my ankle (fell down stairs) I put it up on a stool (higher than hip hight, that's important) and KEPT it up for two days. I know it's boring and you always have stuff to do, but it works so much quicker if you can try and do it, and it's only two days, better than it taking weeks to heel.
Gorgeous hearts, love the chalkboard one on top, nice idea. I have these papers, not used them yet, very nice. Get well soon, and REST IT. Debbiex

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Ouch poor you, hope that soon heals. Fabulpus make, love the paper and what a great idea x

Christine L said...

Oooh ouch!! Poor you!!! Hope it gets better soon...

And wowwwwww to this fabulous creation... love it!

Hugs
Christine x

Sue said...

Ouch! That sounds really painful Debs. I hope it eases soon.
This is gorgeous. I love the fabulous design and beautiful papers.
Take care
hugs Sue xx

susiestacey said...

Hope the swelling is going down Debs - sounds very painful.
Lovely decoration today x Susan x

Sue B said...

Oh this is adorable Debs! I love the beautiful paper and the pretty embelllies… such a fab design! this is something you can take out year after year! :-)
Hope your ankle is feeling better soon hun
Big hugs
Sue B xx


Sarah said...

I was waiting for a Britney rendition at first Debs!! Sorry to hear you are troubled by your ankle again and hope it won't take too long to feel better. Love the idea of adding a chalkboard to your plaque (pretty and useful!!),the bow is a fab touch too!! Take it easy!! xx

Ira Huberts said...

You poor thing... that must have hurt like h..l! Hope your ankle heels soon Debs! Your heart makes a wonderful Christmas home deco! Hugs, Ira xox
Ira’s Crea Corner

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Debs I can imagine the words used, it must have been so painful, plenty of rest and sounds like your hubby is looking after you a treat. Debs I love this project the design is fabulous love the wreath, it will look lovely at Christmas time for sure.
hugs
Lorraine x

Janette said...

This is brilliant, never made one with a small chalkboard, love the idea..x

Chrissy said...

Love your gorgeous hearts Debs..beautifully done. Take care of that ankle..OUCH!

luv CHRISSYxx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Oh no debs, wishing you a speedy recovery.. I know exactly how you feel I broke mine when I was younger on a trampoline ouch! Big hugs to you... Xxx

Love the hearts, would look great hanging n my house ;-)

vickiscraft said...

Oh I like this and what a fabulous idea! Omg Deb, I can't believe you've done your ankle again, I think you should stay locked away in your craft room (safe from harm!) Hope it starts to feel better soon.

Dare I say 'take care'!?

xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Hi Debs oh what a shame just when it was getting better! Hope the swelling has gone down and you are managing ok. Your chalkboard is gorgeous what a good idea. Susan x