Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 12 October 2014

A Rustic Christmas Wreath

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you are having a great weekend - so far.
Happy to say the weather improved enough yesterday morning to get out for a walk - although my ankle was feeling it - I can walk on it ok - but my walking shoes just sit right where the bruising is and of course just like any bruise it hurts to touch it - ouch :o(

Today I think I will rest it and have a lovely crafty play in my little crafty haven :o)

As I don't have my usual Sunday morning inspiration for The Stamp Basket to share with you - Janet has now made the hard decision to close the online shop down - there are some amazing bargains to be had - full details here I thought I would pop by to share another Home Decor piece I made recently.




And here's what I did:

I started by wrapping some '25cm Faux Hessian' from The Ribbon Girls around a polystyrene ring and then created a floral and foliage arrangement using 'Ruby Red' Rolled Roses, 'Burgundy 20mm Open Roses',  'Frosted Brown Cones', The Hobby House 'Vintage Blooms - Cream'  Iced Berries 'Gold' from Polkadoodles and Doo Hickey 'Sprawling Ferns' 

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafting at the Weekend - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Something Round
Alphabet Challenge - 'R' For Round or Rectangle
Polkadoodles - Not a Square 

Thanks for popping by to see me today.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

TTFN

26 comments:

Whisper said...

I can imagine this happily sitting above the fireplace of a stately home, classy, Luv Sam x

Ira Huberts said...

Such a pretty make Debs, love how you decorated your wreath and the burlap! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

vickiscraft said...

Oooh Deb this is gorgeous, love the Faux Hessian, it looks fab! Glad you had a good time at the show and hope your ankle/foot is feeling better! ;) xx

Christine L said...

This is beautiful Debs... I love the rustic-ness of the hessian and those beautiful flowers.

Shame to hear about the Stamp Basket closing online..

Hugs
Christine x

Sarah said...

What a lovely adornment Debs, love the colours...right up my street!! xx

Claire said...

Love this Debs - definitely has a rustic feel to it. Need to check back to see what you have done to your ankle???? Hope you have had a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debs. I love the hessian ribbon and beautiful detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Debs, this is gorgeous!
Hugs Lynsey x

Pia S said...

This is lovely, would look fab on my door!

susiestacey said...

Lovely decoration Debs lovely for all year round x Susan x

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is gorgeous Debs… I really like the rustic feel… the flowers and berries are SO beautiful and love the hessian and how you've wrapped it around…absolutely stunning! :-)
hope your ankle is feeling better soon hun!
Hope you've had a lovely Sunday! wasn't Strictly fab!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Debbie said...

Hi Debbs
Just gorgeous, love it.
I must get my Wreath out and have a play!
i did an Autumn sale today and did really well, made quite a lot of money which is great when you work so hard making stuff isn't it?
Hope your ankle gets better soon.
Debbiex

cheryl said...

Oh this is gorgeous hun just love it hugs cheryl xxx

cotnob said...

This is stunning Debs, absolutely beautiful.
It's a shame about the Stamp Basket closing.
Pauline
x

shampylou30 said...

This is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xx

shampylou30 said...

Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at polkadoodles challenge xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

What a gorgeous wreath Debs, has a real rustic look to it. Susan x

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Debs! I love the hessian ribbon and all of the flowers! So glad you joined us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Hugs, Tammy

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Oh wow, I absolutely love this rustic creation! Perfectly embellished.
Rebecca.

coops said...

wow love this debs.fantastic country rustic colours and i love the hessian and fab pretty detailing ;D

xx coops xx

Samantha K said...

This looks so simple, yet so beautiful and so elegant. Thank you for joining us over at Polkadoodles this fortnight for our Anything but a square challenge. Good luck, hugs, Samantha K xx If you're interested, there's a Promarker 12 set being given away on MY BLOG

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 198 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Angie A said...

Wow nice wreath great job! Thanks for joining us at Crafting At The Weekend! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

Bev said...

Gorgeous wreath thankyou for joining in with our 'Anything but square' challenge over at polkadoodles. http://polkadoodle.blogspot.ca/2014/10/week-40-anything-but-square.html

Jennifer LaVite said...

What a beautiful wreath! I love the flowers and the berries. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

Helen said...

Amazing project - really beautiful.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen N x