Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Repeat Repeat at Papertake Weekly

Good afternoon my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you are all well and those not I wish well soon.
I have been enjoying the lovely sunshine we have been having here in the UK for the past few days - and even got through a huge pile of ironing out in the garden :o)
What will I do when the winter comes - I just can't seem to get motivated to iron indoors!!!

The BIG news from the Simpson household is that Jack has a 'girlfriend' - well not an official 'girlfriend' as he hasn't officially asked her yet - he's still plucking up the courage I think but they have met up a few times now - mostly with other friends - today though they are walking home from school together and going to Starbucks. It's amazing the effect that girls have on teenage boys - I think he has bathed/showered more in the last week than he did the whole of the summer holidays ;o)

So today sees the start of a new challenge over at

PAPERTAKE WEEKLY

and this week the theme is a fabulous one

REPEAT REPEAT

Basically we would like you to use a repeat design of something e.g flower, die, gems, text etc

Here's what I came up with and my repeat items are flowers and pearls:





Here's what I used:

MDF Door Hanger from The Hobby House
Image: Wee Stamps pre-coloured die cut topper 'Christmas Berry'
Pearls, Pearl String, Snowflake Charm and Flowers from The Hobby House
Letter Stickers from stash
Numbers: Tim Holtz Sizzix Wordplay Die
Sentiment: Whimsy Stamps 'Raindrop Echo Holiday Mini Postage Stamps'
Sue Wilson Filigree Mini Bow Die

Our wonderful sponsor this week is the fabulous

WoJLogo_180x130

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the full details of the prize on offer and to see the stunning inspiration from my very talented DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

Thanks for popping by to see me today and for all the lovely comments you have left recently.

Have a fabulous day.

p.s I have some exciting news to share with you on Thursday - watch this space lol!!!

TTFN

17 comments:

Sharon said...

A fabulous door hanger Debs. The image is gorgeous and I love the tree paper and embellies.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sue B said...

Oh this is beautiful Debs… such a sweet image and the scrummy papers and embellies are perfect! I love the red bow… so pretty! :-)
How fab that Jack has a girlfriend… nothing as wonderful as young love! I can just about remember it! ;-)
Hope you have a good day
Big hugs
Sue xx

Christine L said...

Hi Debs

What a wonderful Christmas creation... loving how you've put this together... fabbie details and embellies... and that topper is gorgeous!

I did smile when I read about 'the girlfriend' LOL!

Hugs
Christine x

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Debs, such a beautiful topper and fabulous papers.
Pauline
x

Sarah said...

Such a sweet door hanger Debs. Love that pearl trim and beautiful topper xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debs, I love the design with that sweet image and so many beautiful embellishments.
hugs Sue xx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous door hanger Debs, this is my fav christmas stamp and l love colouring her - hope the walk home via Starbucks went to plan and she is now the 'official girlfriend', take care x Susanx

Debbie said...

Bless Jack, that's so sweet.absolutely love your door hanger.gorgeous image.really exceptional creation dearie.big hugs x

cheryl said...

Oh this is stunning hun great detail so beautiful hugs cheryl xxx

Janice said...

So many lovely projects Debs, sorry I haven't commented on them all, but I have scrolled down and caught up on your recent makes. Should be back crafting next week, colin moves out Sat, then my only boy left is Merlot! Jx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

This is gorgeous Debs! Good luck to Jack, you'll never be able to get a look in at the mirror now!! Susan x

Marjorie said...

I love your door hanger Debs, so beautifully embellished.. Isn't young love fabulous:)...
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Carole said...

This is super sweet Debs, love it!
Hugs
Carole xXx

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous door hanger and wowsa.. the complete look is smokin' good!

Tammy said...

Debs, I LOVE this door hanger!! What a fabulous design and image! I need to make one of these because this is adorable!
Hugs,Tammy

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A stunning hanger! The image is so cute (this set of cute topers is on my wish list!) and your embellishments are so beautiful.
Rebecca.

Claire said...

This is a fab door hanger and a perfect make for those craft fairs. Hugs, Claire x