Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Pretty in Glitter at Divas by Design

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you are having a wonderful week so far.

Today I'm here to share my DT make for the new challenge over at 


and this week the theme is

PRETTY IN GLITTER

So keeping with my Festive Decor makes for my upcoming Christmas Craft Fayres here's what I did:




And here's how I did it:

I started by painting the MDF bauble with Indigo Blu 'Frosty Sky' Acrylic Paint and then dry brushed a little White Gesso over the top.
When it was completely dry I stamped the snowflakes from the LOTV Christmas Icons set all over using Perfect Medium and then heat embossed with True White EP.
I die cut two small Spellbinders Heirloom Ornament 2011 and inked with Weathered Wood Distress Ink whilst still in the die and then over-stamped the Swirly Tree Image from the LOTV Christmas Icons set using the same ink.
When dry I added picked out some detail with a Quickie Glue pen and sprinkled with Glamour Dust.
I also added glue around the edge of the MDF bauble and dipped it in Cosmic Shimmer Glitter Jewels and sprinkled with Glamour Dust for some extra sparkle :o)
Finishing off with a couple of teeny silver cord bows and a stamped sentiment.
It really is 'blingalicious' IRL.

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to see the gorgeous inspiration from the rest of my DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

Thanks for popping by today and for all your continued support.

Have a fabulous day.

TTFN

16 comments:

susiestacey said...

Beautiful decoration Debs - l really need to get out my unused mdf pieces and get creative x Susan x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Debs, love your Christmas card design, the diecuts are fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

tilly's crafts said...

gorgeous bauble hanger - love the soft colours and glitter.
Kim x
PS just been looking back through some fabulous creations I've missed recently and had to laugh - it was my son Jack's 16th birthday too and I made him a card using the exact same image! spooky! lol x

Lorraine A said...

oohh this is absolutely gorgeous Debs ! love the silvery sparkly goodness :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Debs. I love the design and all the sparkle looks wonderful.
Sue xx

Dawn C said...

So so pretty Debs, I love it x

Juls said...

Love the sparkle :-) xx

Ira Huberts said...

Lovely Christmas ornaments Debs, love the bling! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sue B said...

Ooh this is SO pretty Debs… I love the embossed snowflakes and the sparkly swirls on the smaller ornaments… and the gorgeous sparkly jewels around the edges… absolutely stunning… thanks for sharing how to make it too! :-))
Hope you're having a good day!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous sparkly bauble, love the snowflakes

Christine L said...

Like you say... 'blingylicious' and glitteringly GORGEOUS!

Hugs
Christine x

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Debs, such a brilliant design and lots of lovely sparkle.
Pauline
x

coops said...

so gorgeous debs.i love the colours and sparkle and your baubles are stunning :D

xx coops xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A gorgeous design, I love the snowflakes and the twinkly border!
Rebecca.

Claire said...

This is so glittery and festive - I haven;t even touched my MDF shapes yet!! Love this and am sure it will sell at one of your upcoming fayres. Hugs, Claire x

Claire said...

This is so glittery and festive - I haven;t even touched my MDF shapes yet!! Love this and am sure it will sell at one of your upcoming fayres. Hugs, Claire x