Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, 12 September 2014

Boys will be Boys at Winter Wonderland

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you have had a wonderful week and are looking forward to the weekend.
I think I might pop over to the Craft Event in Taunton on Sunday as my DH and Jack will be in Manchester for the football :o)

Today I'm here to share my DT make for the new challenge over at

WINTER WONDERLAND

and this week Team Snowflake are sharing inspiration on the the theme

BOYS WILL BE BOYS

Here's what I did:




I love being on this DT as it is certainly helping me get ahead with my Festive Makes :o)

Card Ingredients:

Image: Pink Gem Designs 'Reindeer Josh'
Colouring Medium: Copics
Design Papers: Dovecraft Back to Basics 'Vintage Christmas'
Memory Box 'Precious Mittens' Die
Marianne Createables 'Holly Branch' LR0244
A touch of Stickles and a dot of Glossy Accents
Card Base: Go Kreate Square Frames Frilly #10

I used the Go Kreate dies to make this card last week and I was asked how I make a card base with them.

I cut two of the largest dies:

 and then score across the top a couple of centimetres down:

Apply wet glue above the score line:

 and adhere to the other die cut:

This is what it will look like on the reverse:

Hope this makes sense :o)

Our wonderful sponsor this week is the fabulous Janet from:



The DT got to play with some of Janet's adorable images and one lucky winner will be able to choose 2 digi images - and with so many to choose from you'll be spoilt for choice!!!!

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Completely Christmas - Anything Goes
Creative Corner - Male/Masculine
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments - For the Men in Our Life
C.R.A.F.T - Christmas
Cute Card Thursday - Too Cute!!
Christmas at Sweet Stampin - Christmas Critters

Thanks for all your support and wonderful comments left recently - I really appreciate it :o)

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

17 comments:

Sarah said...

Love your card Debs, such a sweet little guy!! Shame I have plans for Sunday otherwise I could have joined you at Taunton!! xx

Whisper said...

Aaah absolutely adorable and what a super image and layout, Luv Sam x

Sue said...

Totally gorgeous Debs, adorable image coloured so beautifully and I love the papers.
I hope you have a fabulous weekend.
Sue xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Way too cute Debs, love the shiny red nose! I have been trying to get this Go Kreate die for ages, they do not have any in stock at Go Kreate and are supposed to be letting me know when they are getting them! They have hardly any of their XXL dies in - weird!! Susan xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Gorgeous card debs..
Hugs Kelly

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Debs… isn't he adorable! I love his shiny red nose… and those cute mitts look fab! :-)
Thanks so much for showing how you made the card base… the photos make it really clear… will have a go at this ! :-))
Hope you have a great weekend! enjoy the Craft Fair!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Christine L said...

So gorgeous Debs.... love the bright colours you've chosen too... and thank you for that fab tutorial!!

Big hugs
Christine x

cheryl said...

Oh hun this is adorable such a cute image great colours too hugs cheryl xxx

susiestacey said...

Adorable card Debs, love the cute image. Have a good weekend x Susan x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So cute, love the added diecuts and the shaped card

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Debs, I love your image and gorgeous rich colours.
I hope you have a lovely weekend.
Pauline
x

Basslady said...

a fabulous and adorable card!
i am using this folding technique so often...Love it!

thanks so much for playing along with us at CRAFT-Challenge!

Hugs and kisses from germany, silvi xoxo

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Super cute, I love this! A really sweet image and I love your design.
Rebecca.

Jacqui Robinson said...

Awesome card and cute too. Jacqui DT Sister Act

Julie said...

What a cutie! Love the card design.
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
julie T

Claire said...

What a great card - love the adorable image and fab shape. Hugs, Claire x

Gail said...

OMGosh I adore this card. This little 'reindeer' is too cute for words. He's absolutely fantastic. This is a superb card, the shape of it, the papers, the image, the embellishments...awesome. Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' this month and I hope you'll stop back on October 8 because I KNOW you will like our next challenge, too! Hugs, Gail