Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Anything Goes at Papertake Weekly - Optional Recycle or Upcycle

Good afternoon my lovely crafty friends.
It's a beautiful sunshiny day today here in Gloucestershire - it always makes me feel so much better when the sun is shining :o)

Jack was happy yesterday when he found out only Y7 and Y12 are back to school today and the rest of school goes back on Wednesday. He also finally picked up the results of his RE GCSE that he took before the holidays and I'm thrilled to say he got an A grade - so 1 GCSE down and 10 more to go - scary stuff!!!

Anyway today I'm here to share my DT make for the new challenge over at 


and this week the theme is

ANYTHING GOES 
with the optional theme of
RECYCLE OR UPCYCLE

Here's what I did:

Before:

After: 


I have a few of these empty sweet tins - John likes to have them in the car for when he travels to work and back :o) and it was sooooo simple to decorate I think I'll get on with the others and fill them with something scrummy for the Grandchildren at Christmas.

Ingredients Used:
Empty Sweet Tin
Colouring Medium: Copics
Sentiment Tags: LOTV 'Set 32' 
Design Papers: K&Co
Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch
Adhesive Pearls from stash
Diamond Stickles
Ribbon from stash

Our sponsor this week is the very lovely Lisa and Laila over at:


offering 1 very lucky winner:


Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the fabulous inspiration from my DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

Thanks for dropping in to see me today.
Let me know you've been so I can come and visit you too :o)

Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

17 comments:

Dawn C said...

Oh Debs this is fab. You just wouldnt know it was a non descript tin beforehand x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great idea and a fab stamp and love the little tags, these will be much appreciated gifts I am sure

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Debs, such a fabulous image and lovely warm colours - it will make a wonderful gift.
Congratulations to Jack on his GCSE result.
Pauline
x

Sarah said...

Love your tin Debs and it will be perfect for Christmas goodies!! xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant project Debs the tin looked rather nice before you decorated it, lol, but I must admit that it has turned out even more beautiful with that lovely image and papers, love the colours you have used.
hugs
lorraine x

Sharon said...

This is fabulous Debs - a lovely tin to fill with goodies for Christmas.
Love the image and the gorgeous papers.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debs, I love the cute image and beautiful detailing.
Well done to Jack. My youngest will be sitting her GCSEs next year too.
Hugs Sue xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! I love this Debs… what a fab transformation… I will have to save my sweetie tins this Christmas! the image is really sweet and I love the gingham and wee snowflakes… just perfect! :-)
glad that Jack got an A for RE - that's wonderful news!
Hope you have a good week!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Debbie said...

Hiya Debs. Firstly well done to Jack, hope all goes well for him tomorrow, and second thank you for all your lovely comments, I can always count on you to cheer me up on a down day.
Gorgeous tin, saw this earlier on Papertake, it's super. Your kids and Grandkids will love seeing what is inside this at Christmas.
Nice day here today too, hope it's nice again tomorrow. Debbiex

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Hi Debs congratulations to Jack! A gorgeous bit of recycling here, I think we've got one of those tins in Dave's car will have to have a look! Susanx

Jane Savage said...

What a wonderful idea, Debs! Gorgeously decorated with those lovely papers and I love the band of snowflakes! I have a few of these tins too if they can look this good I’ll have to give it a try!! xx
Many congratulations to Jack! What a fab result!

Liz McGuire, said...

Hey Debs, cool idea for these little tins.

Liz x

Ira Huberts said...

Wonderfully altered tin Debs! Love the sweet image and pretty added snowflakes, lovely creation! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Christine L said...

Such a stunning up-cycle.... it's just a definite WOWWW!!

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

stunning altered tin debs.gorgeous image and I love the rich colours ;D

xx coops xx

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

A gorgeous upcycled project, I love how you've decorated this tin! It will make a beautiful Christmas gift.
Rebecca.

Claire said...

Just love what you have done with this tim Debs, love the deep colours and cute image - a great gift for Christmas. Hugs, Claire x