Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 14 September 2014

A Gilded Snowflake Bauble

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Today I have a few achy muscles following a 6 mile walk I did with my DH yesterday - but I did thoroughly enjoy it :o)
All this walking is definitely helping with my continued weight loss - I have now lost a total of 24lbs since the start of June - I even managed to lose a couple of pounds on holiday - that was definitely down to the walking down the mountain and back up nearly every day :o)
We are hoping to start some of the Cotswold Way walks within the next few weeks - so I have been treated to some 'proper' walking clothes - they cost a small fortune - I know how much stash I could have bought instead but I guess scrummy papers and stamps wouldn't be very effective in keeping me warm and dry - unless I stayed inside playing with them lol!!!

So as time was a little shorter than usual I have a very quick and simple little crafty inspiration today using a few items from the fabulous 


Here's a little Christmas Bauble using a gorgeous new 





I covered a chipboard bauble shape using the gorgeous First Edition 'Nordic Christmas' Design Papers and added a touch of Gesso and Distress ink to the edges.
I inked the scrummy WRS 'Lacy Snowflake' die using VersaMark  and then heat embossed with Stamp n Bond - this becomes sticky and then I covered it with Gilding Flakes.
Before adhering to the centre of the chipboard bauble I added a Pearl Brad to the centre of the gilded snowflake.
Finishing off with a length of Cream Vintage Style Ribbon to hang it up :o)

Nice and simples!!!

Hope you like my wee Festive Make.

Thanks for popping by to see me today and for all the lovely comments left recently.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
TTFN
Debs xx

12 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Beautiful bauble Debs! Love the effect with the gilding flakes. Hope your muscles stop aching soon!! Susan x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Well done on the walking and weight loss. Lovely bauble, great idea x

susiestacey said...

WOW Debs, well done on the weight loss.x
Lovely bauble too x susan x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debs, I love the snowflake and wonderful sparkle.
Well done your your weight loss!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Christine L said...

Your Christmas ornament is fab Debs and I love that gilding!

Well done on the weight loss and walking.... I did two miles yesterday... and came back with an achey hip and shakey legs!! I think I need to cut it back to a mile... but more often! Either that, or lose the couple of stone I need to do, first!

Hugs
Christine x

Debbie said...

Morning Debs.
Firstly what a super Christmas Bauble, it looks lovely and I love the snowflake die it looks fab with the gilding flake on.
Wow you are doing so well loosing 24lb already. I have lost 17lb so far since June, I joined a gym 8 weeks ago and have been doing Step, Pilates, swimming and Zumba, I go on holiday with Mum and Sister on November 1st, so want another 7lb off if possible, seem to be on a go slow the last tewo weeks, but will push a bit harder this next 7 weeks.
Have a great Sunday. Debbiex

Ira Huberts said...

Love baubles, they make such fab Christmas ornaments! The flakes look very special! Good luck, hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

cotnob said...

Congratulations on the weight loss Debs.
A gorgeous bauble, the gilded snowflake is beautiful.
Pauline
x

Sue B said...

Oh this is SO gorgeous Debs… what a beautiful design! I love the gilded snowflake.. so so pretty! I used the Stamp and Bond when I frantaged my snowflakes… and wow! it made such a difference! no more flying frantage! LOL
Hope you have a great Sunday!
Big hugs
Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow that snowflake looks amazing Debs so does the bauble shape, super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is brilliant! What a lovely shape and the snowflake looks gorgeous.
Rebecca.

Claire said...

Another simple but so effective decoration. Well done too on your amazing weight loss - keep it up hun, not that you needed to lose any in the first place! Hugs, Claire x