Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 4 August 2014

Challenge #144 at Sketch n Stash

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend.
Mine was fairly quiet really - in comparison to recent weekends!!! 
Yesterday we had a trip down to The Mall at Cribbs Causeway for some last minute holiday shopping and to meet Jamie, Rowena and Ruby Mae for lunch - then popped back to theirs for a cuppa before heading home and what seems to becoming a regular feature on Sunday afternoon - a snooze on the sofa :o)

So it's the start of a new week and today I would like to share my DT make for the new challenge over at 


and this fortnight we have a gorgeous new sketch to work play with:


Here's what I came up with:




It will be my 17th Wedding Anniversary on the 17th of this month and this card will be safely packed in my suitcase to give to my DH whilst we are away on our jolly holibobs.
There is a story behind the choices I made for this card - it starts with the image - many moons ago when John was the Branch Manager of the Building Society where I worked as a Branch Assistant he used to read the newspaper to me in the staff room at lunchtime - I think he did it so he could spend some time sitting next to me - and I didn't mind as it meant I could spend some time sitting next to him too :o) 
So when LOTV released this stamp - ages ago now - but this is the first time I have inked it up - I just had to have it :o)
Then of course the Design Paper was the perfect match for the image and to tie in with the story behind it - they are some of my new stash from Anna Marie Designs - 'Shabby Vintage'

Other items used:
Colouring Medium: Copics
Spellbinders: Timeless Rectangles
Martha Stewart: Heart Border Punch
Sentiment Tags: LOTV 'Set 69'
Fired Brick Distress Ink
Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
Ribbon from stash

Our sponsor this week is


Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the details of the prize on offer and to see the gorgeous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

Thanks for popping by to see me today and for all the lovely comments you have left recently - they really make my day.

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

15 comments:

Sharon said...

Such a lovely story behind your gorgeous card Debs.
The image is so sweet and I love the papers and embellishments.
Have a wonderful holiday.
Hugs Sharon. x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Debs, how wonderful to be able to make it so personal.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Debs. Such a lovely story behind why you used that cute image. I love the colours and fabulous papers too.
hugs Sue xx

Marilyn said...

Fabulous card! The black and white with the pops of red is so striking. Such a cute image too.

Marjorie said...

Awh Debs, what a lovely love story.. and I agree this was the perfect image to use.. I love the colours you have used and your card really pops!! Stunning!.. Have a fabulous Anniversary and a great holiday hunnie:)..
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Sarah said...

A lovely card Debs and fab provenance too xx

Christine L said...

A gorgeous card Debs... love it in the red/black combo... and what a perfect image and background to fit your story! I'm sure he'll treasure it!

Glad you had a nice peaceful weekend... and there's nothing wrong with a Sunday afternoon snooze!

Hugs
Christine x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Hi Debs what a gorgeous card, such a sweet image and it sounds perfect for your anniversary card! Question is: does he still read the paper to you?? Hugs Susan xx

Jane Savage said...

Stunning, Debs! Love that striking red and black!
What a wonderful story about you and then soon to be hubby! I see why you just had to have that stamp! It is perfect! xx

coldwaters2 said...

This is so lovely Debs that image is both cute and romantic, the colours are fabulous, the papers and design are top notch.
hugs
lorraine x

Chrissie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debs!!
Love this sweet image and your papers are beautiful too.
Chrissie xx

coops said...

so gorgeous debs.fab sweet image and your papers and design are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Julie said...

This is a beauty Debs! Love the colours and papers - fabby! Hugs, Juliexx

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous Debs, love everything on it
Julie x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is stunning! I love the papers, striking colour scheme and the beautiful frame around the image.
Rebecca.