Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Star Wreath Tutorial for The Hobby House

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you are well and those not I wish well soon.

A few weeks ago I posted this make and a couple of you asked if I could do a tutorial for it.
So today I would like to share another Star Wreath - with a step by step guide how I made it using some scrummy stash from

THE HOBBY HOUSE


STAR WREATH TUTORIAL
Items required:

Two die cut circle frames – I used the largest Spellbinders Decorative Circles One with Spellbinders Grand Circles Plain but you could use whatever you have and make it any size you want.
This size needs:
 13 x 3” stars cut from card
12 x 3” stars cut from Design Paper – here I have used First Edition Nordic Christmas
12 x 2” stars cut from card
12 x punched snowflakes
Co-ordinating Buttons and Pearls for embellishing
A piece of ribbon to make a hanger

Step One:

Adhere the two circle frames together and then cover with the 13 x 3” card stars.

Step Two:

Score the Design Paper stars and then pinch each star point to create a mountain fold down the centre of each point and a valley fold between each point.

Step Three:

Adhere the 12 Design Paper stars onto the card stars – place them at 12 O’Clock, 1 O’Clock, 2 O’Clock etc – slightly overlapping as you go.
  
Step Four:

Adhere the buttons to the centre of the Design Paper Stars
Adhere the pearls to the snowflakes and then adhere the snowflakes to the smaller card stars and place in between the Design Paper stars.
Finally adhere a ribbon loop behind the ’12 O’Clock’ star ready to hang your gorgeous wreath.


 

Before I go though I would just like to thank you all for the good luck messages you left me for the Craft Fayre I went to on Sunday. It was fairly quiet but I did manage to sell quite a few of my MDF heart plaques and a couple of cards - overall covered the cost of the table (which at £25 was quite high) and made a few more pennies to take to the Great British Craft Festival next month to buy some more stash. I am so looking forward to going to this show as I will be meeting up with my very bestest blogging buddy Claire and I can't wait to see her :o)

Thanks for popping by to see me today.
I'll be back in a little while with my DT share for the new challenge over at Papertake Weekly.

Now I'm off to see my snuggalicious Grand-daughter Ruby-Mae and go for lunch with her Daddy.

Enjoy your day whatever you have planned.

TTFN

11 comments:

Sarah said...

A fab tutorial Debs and one that I am definitely having a go at!! xx

Janice said...

This is gorgeous Debs and a super tutorial too, might just have to try this as the end result is so pretty. Glad you made a profit at the sale - that's rediculous £25 for a table, hope a charity was profiting there and not an individual, on the back of all your hard work. Jx

Debbie said...

Hiya Debbs.
Beautiful post today. The Tutorial is very helpful and step by step brilliant. I have bought some MDF wreaths off Rob the MDF man and am planning on a workshop for the girls in November, your advice is perfect.
Glad all went well at the Fair. Mine sounds as though it was the same, just needed more people in the door spending.
Enjoy your cuddles today.
Debbiex

susiestacey said...

Beautiful decoration and a great tut. Have a fantastic day with your family :) Take care x Susan x

Squirrel x said...

Absolutely stunning hun! xx

cotnob said...

This is a stunning project Debs, thank you for the clear step by step instructions.
I hope you have a lovely lunch.
Pauline
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Debs this is amazing, what a beautiful wreath, Love it, Hope alls well, Love Hazel xx

Margreet said...

Beautiful star wreath Debs...thanks for the clear tutorial!
xxx Margreet

coops said...

so stunning debs.your star wreath and papers are gorgeous and a fabulous tutorial too :D

xx coops xx

Claire said...

Fabulous tutorial and another fabby wreath too - not long now until the GBCF - can't wait. Hugs, Claire x

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is a fab tutorial Debs… thanks for sharing how you made this awesome wreath…. it looks absolutely stunning! :-))
I will have to make one of these for Christmas… my Mum would love it!
Big hugs Sue xx