Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Anything Goes - Optional 'Christmas in July' at Papertake Weekly

Good afternoon my lovely crafty friends.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend and that your week has got off to a great start.
Mine has - yesterday was my 'weigh-in' day and I was thrilled that I have lost another 2.5lbs - making a total weight loss so far of 11.5lbs in 4 weeks - whooooppp whooopppp!!!!

I can hardly believe it's the 1st of July already - this year is just flying by!!!
It will be Christmas before you know it and with that in mind I am here today to with my DT share for the new challenge over at 


and this week the theme is 

ANYTHING GOES
with the optional theme of
CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Well how could I resist another festive make - they are my favourite :o)
So here's what I came up with:



Card Ingredients:
Image: LOTV 'James Pile of Presents'
Colouring Medium: Copics
Background Stamp: Woodware 'Many Christmases JGS317'
Stamped using Perfect Mediu Clear and heat embossed using True White Embossing Powder then inked over using Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood and a hint of Victorian Velvet Distress Inks.
Mat and layered onto Rainbow Shimmer mirri card
Ribbon from stash
Star Dust Stickles

Our sponsor this week is the fabulous


offering 1 lucky winner


Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Christmas Cards All Year Round - Non-Traditional Colours
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Extra - Anything Goes
Just For Fun - Anything Goes
Lia Stampz - No Patterned Paper
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - No Patterned Paper
Loves Rubberstamps - Anything Goes

Thanks for popping by to see me today.
I always look forward to reading any comments you may wish to leave.

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

30 comments:

Marjorie said...

This is such a lovely card Debs, I love James, he looks so cute:)..
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

coops said...

so stunning debs.james is adorable and I love your fabulous background ;D

xx coops xx

Ira Huberts said...

Fabulous Christmas card Debs, love the embossed background, colours and adorable image! Way to go on your weight loss! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Thats brilliant news on the weight Debs!!! Way to Go!!! Love this card its adorable, Hope alls well, Love Hazelxx

Debbie said...

Hi Debbs.
I am back from Spain now and looks like I brought some Sun back too!!
Thank you for commenting while I was away....I can always count on you.

Beautiful card, love the LOTV Teddy one of my favourites.
Hey well done you, 2+lb off is brilliant. I am also on the big loss as I want to be smaller for my Daughters Wedding and for my height I should be about 2 stone lighter. After my holls I had lost 8lb in a week.....delighted (mind you I almost lived on Chicken and fruit!!)
Keep it up girl. Debbiex

Sarah said...

Love the pink and blue combo here Debs, really pretty. Well done you on the weight loss too!! xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Well done on the weight loss, such a cute card,love the pink and blue

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeou card debs. Love the very cute image and so beautifully coloured too.

Donna x

Wishcraft said...

Love this image and fab background too... gorgeous card Debs :o) Hugs, Lisa x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Debs, such an adorable image and I love your stamped background.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Debs, adorable James coloured beautifully and I love stamp white embossed background.
hugs Sue xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Hi Debs a truly stunning card. Love how you did the background! Susan xx

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Adorable card! Love that sweet image and the embossed background!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Beverley Lowe said...

Beautiful card Debs - James is so cute. Love the background too. Thanks for joining us over on Just For Fun - hope to see you again.
Bev (DT member) x

Nancy said...

Such a lovely card, Debs! I always enjoy seeing Christmas cards in the middle of summer! Thank you for joining us at Lia Stampz! :o)

Christine L said...

A fabulous Christmas card Debs... love the blue and white and how you did the background..... and of course James bear is so cute!

Well done on your weight loss!

Hugs
Christine x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debs :-) James is adorable and I love the background and icy colours ,, very cute :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is lovely! James looks so cute in those beautiful colours you've used!
Rebecca.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love this Debs! It's gorgeous hun xxxx

Miss Amber said...


What an adorable card! Thanks for joining Loves Rubberstamps Challenge!

Aunty Sue said...

Just a lovely card and so glad you joined us at CRAFTY SENTIMENTS hope you will come back again very soon.

Erin Stephenson said...

What a great creation! Love the colors. Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments. We hope to see you next time!

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debs, I love the sparkly fur trim on his hat. Thanks so much for playing this week at Crafty Sentiments!!

Marcy said...

This is such a cute card and I love the soft colors! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Love Rubbertamps! :)

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely colours and great image! Thanks for joining us at Just For Fun!

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely colours and great image! Thanks for joining us at Just For Fun!

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for July and also for CCAYR July challenge - hope to see you again soon x

Marie B. said...

Gorgeous card! Love the soft colors! :)

Suze said...

What a cute image and set off so nicely with that fantastic word background. Thank you for joining in with the challenge at CHNC Extra for July.

Judy Corner said...

This is lovely! Thanks for sharing at CCAYR and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT