Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Red, White and Blue at Divas by Design

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.
I'm back from my lovely jolly holibobs and thrilled to see that Mr Blogger played nicely and published all my scheduled posts.
Mahoosive thanks for all that visited and for all the lovely comments that were left whilst I was away - you really are the best buddies and I loved reading them all.

We had a wonderful relaxing week - the weather was mostly fabulous and the food was scrummy.
Didn't really do much - a few trips out but mostly just chilled.
Now I'm on the countdown to our next holiday in 9 weeks and 4 days lol!!!!

So today I'm here to share my DT make for the new challenge over at 


and this week the theme is 

RED WHITE AND BLUE

I thought this would be perfect for male makes and as it's Jamie and Aaron's birthdays next week I took the opportunity to get ahead with a card for Aaron using a fabulous pre-coloured Kenny K die cut topper from The Hobby House:




Card Ingredients:
Image: Pre coloured die cut topper 'Kenny K - All Rounders'
Design Papers: Pink Petticoat 
Spellbinders: Decorative Circles One and Plain Grand Circles 
Joanna Sheen Signature Dies 'Starburst'
Sentiment: LOTV 
Twine from stash

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the fabulous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies and to see the details of the prize on offer from our wonderful sponsor this week.

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

Before I go I would also like to share a couple of photos with you:

This was Jack in Portugal taken in 2008:

And this was last week:


I can hardly believe how grown up my baby is now - such a change in 6 years!!!

Thanks for popping by to see me today and for any comments you may wish to leave - I always look forward to reading them.

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN




22 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Glad you had such a fabby holiday, Debs! Gorgeous card! So striking! Love those wonderful papers! xx

Avril Ann said...

Fantastic card Debs, love the Red, White and Blue, combo..and brilliant pictures of your Son, how he has grown, and so handsome..xxx

Christine L said...

A fabbie card Debs... love the layered design and the lovely bright colours.. perfect for a young golfer!

Glad you had a good holiday.. love the pics! My eldest is 30 this month... that makes me feel old!

Hugs
Christine x

Debbie said...

OMG Debbs, that photo os superb, love the fact it's taken in the same place, it brought a little tear to my eye. Soppy I am!

Super card love that image and the red white and blue is fab.

Glad you had a good time. I am off with Mum and Sister in two weeks 3 days! Excited but afraid to fly!
Dxx

Janice said...

Super card Debs, love the KK image and still more fabby dies! Glad the holiday went well and was lovely and relaxing. Jack has fairly shot up - a bit like Colin - I tell him he grows like a weed - he's not impressed! Jx

Marjorie said...

Lovely to see you back Debs, you sound as though you have had a lovely break.. love the photos:)..
Your card is amazing, fabulous design and the topper looks great.. must get some of these lol!!
Thank you for your lovely comments and warm welcome too:)..
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

Sarah said...

Love the card Debs and what a lovely couple of snaps!! Glad you had a good time! xx

Pat K said...

Wonderful masculine card Debs..perfect for the young golfer. Thx for sharing the great pictures of your handsome Son. hugs, Pat K x

Sue said...

Fabulous card Debs, I love the image, papers and brilliant layout.
I am pleased you had a good holiday.
hugs Sue xx

mixamatoasties said...

Love this Debs! Superb papers and details.

Glad you had a good time, welcome back xx

Vicky said...

Beautiful hun...and great piccies too...xx

cotnob said...

This is a brilliant card Debs, I love your image and all of the fabulous layers.
I'm so glad you had a lovely holiday, they do grow up so quickly don't they!
Pauline
x

Sue B said...

Hi Debs, glad you had a lovely relaxing holiday!
your card is awesome! I love the fab image and the bright and funky papers are perfect for a male card! Aaron will love it!
Love the photos of Jack… he has grown into a very handsome young man! great to have the two photos taken in same place to look back on!
Hope you have a lovely evening!
Hugs Sue xx

Pop's Cards said...

This is fabulous sweetie hugs Pops x x x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fab male card. Wow great pics he has grown up hasn't he

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Debs, love the image and fab design. Great photos too.

Donna x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Fabulous card Debs. So pleased you had a wonderful holiday, a great photo of your son they do grow up so quickly! Susan x

Dawn C said...

Fab card Debs, love that image!. x

Claire said...

Fab colourful card with a perfect image. Great pics of Jack too - he has turned into a very handsome young man - you have every right to be proud. Have a good evening. Hugs, Claire x

Wishcraft said...

Ooh I love this Debs! Fab papers and layout, just gorgeous! Great photos too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Vicky said...

WOW........I sooooooo love this card, love the fab colours & the layout is just fantastic....may have to borrow this idea from you hun ;0)
Fabulous pics, they grow up way too fast dont they hun.


I also want to say from the bottom of my heart a HUGE thank you for your kind donation for my Race For Life. It really REALLY does mean the world to me sweetie. You are a gem my darlin' mmwah!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

coops said...

fantastic male card debs.i love all the diecuts and stunning papers and image.
great family pics too :D

xx coops xx