Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 6 February 2014

Use Parchment or Vellum at MAWTT

Good morning my lovely crafty friends. Hope you are having a lovely week so far. Not long until the weekend - yipppeeee!!! 

Super quick post from me this morning as I am off to meet my cousin at The Mall for some retail therapy and then a scrummy lunch at Nando's :o)

So today it's time for Team A over at 


to share some inspiration on the fabulous theme picked by the lovely Wendy 

USE PARCHMENT OR VELLUM

Here's what I came up with:




And here's what I did:

I stamped the flower image 'Sizzix Flowers and Butterflies 657778' onto parchment using Perfect Medium and then heat embossed with Cosmic Shimmer True White embossing powder.
I coloured the reverse side of the flower using a Copic pen - it's actually much softer IRL than it looks in the photos :o(
The smaller flowers I also 'embossed' with an embossing tool.
For the background I stamped PB 'Letter Background 1999L' with Versamark Angel Pink ink and lightly inked the edges.
Leaves die cut parchment: Memory Box 'Lorelai Outline Leaf' and Martha Stewart 'Frond' punch
Butterflies: Martha Stewart
Sentiment stamped with Perfect Medium and heat embossed with True White EP
Adhesive Pearls from stash

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the variety of inspiration from my lovely DT buddies. Hope you then feel inspired to join us this week - I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

Thanks for popping by to see me today - I really do appreciate your support and always look forward to reading any comments you may wish to leave.

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

30 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Wow, wow and triple wow, Debs! This is exquisite! xx

Wendy L said...

This one looks stunning, good use of vellum/parchment, thanks. xxx

Janice said...

Beautiful Debs and oh so pretty, would never have thought to do that, but might now. Love your card, Jx ps enjoy ur day out, Jx

ellyscard creatief said...

Gorgeous card Debs.
Gr Elly

Carole said...

Absolutely gorgeous Debs, love the way you've added colour to the flowers.
Thanks for all your kind words.
Hugs
Carole xXx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is amazing, what a stunning card, Love it. Hope you have had a great lunch, Ive never been to Nandos but just bought a spice mix from them for their piri piri for dinner one night, Love Hazelxox

Sue said...

This is stunning Debs, such a pretty and delicate design. The flowers look so beautiful and I love the background too.
hugs Sue xx

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Debs, lots of inspiration today. i used vellum a couple of weeks back perhaps l should get it back out of the drawer for a play x Susan x

Sarah said...

This is so pretty debs, love the use of white embossing with vellum, it always looks so classy. Hope you had a good spend! We haven't been up to The Mall for a while, about time I dragged my Sister out!! xx

Hazel said...

Oh, Debs, it's absolutely beautiful. Hazel L. x

Donna said...

Absolutely stunning Debs and so pretty in pink! Love the CAS design...beautiful :) Donna ♥ x

Claire said...

This is so pretty and love how you have used the vellum - such soft tones too. Hope you didn't spend too much today LOL. Hugs, Claire x

Ira Huberts said...

So delicate and beautiful... really pretty, love your choice of colours as well Debs! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Debs, so soft and pretty.
Pauline
x

cheryl Baker said...

Oh debs this is so beautiful adore it hun hugs cheryl xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous hun..:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Sarah said...

Hi Debs, that is just beautiful!! Such lovely soft colours.

Hope you had a lovely lunch (and shopping!).

Sarah

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

It's gorgeous Debs so pretty and delicate. Hope you had a nice lunch. Susan x

Pami said...

I loved this as soon as I saw it Debs and wish I had thought of this design myself!! Its so pretty!! I hope your shopping trip went well!! P x

Lynsey said...

Wow Debs what a beautiful card! This really is stunning! Hope you had a lovely time shopping!
hugs Lynsey x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So delicate and pretty

Dawn C said...

Oh Debs this is so so pretty, love it x

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is SO beautiful Debs… the flowers and butterflies are so pretty and I love the soft writing in the background… it's a stunning card!
Hope you have a lovely weekend hun!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Judith said...

This is so pretty Debs -the vellum with white embossing is a really lovely effect and the colours are just perfect- I'm sure its your bad influence - but guess what I decided to treat myself to!! - you're just to good as a shopper lol hugs Judith x

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Such a beautiful card. Look forward to working with you xx

Tammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Debs, I love the way you've created your beautiful flowers!! Have a nice weekend!
Hugs, Tammy

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Wow, Debs, this is stunning x

DesignerDiva said...

OMG this is so pretty :Debs, beautiful card.
Just read your post about John above, I hope he is ok now. I'm all 'stoned' out myself this year so I sympathise fully!!
Big hugs all round, Laurie xx

coops said...

so beautiful and delicate debs.your flowers are really pretty ;D

xx coops xx

mixamatoasties said...

That's beautiful Debs.

Susan x