Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Make it Sparkle at Divas by Design

Good morning my lovely crafty friends.
Hope the sun is shining wherever you are - it is here and it always make me feel so much happier :o)

Super quick post this morning as my squidgilicious Grandson Oliver is here to play and today we have some new puzzles to make.

So this week over at 


it is the turn of Team B to share their inspiration on the theme

MAKE IT SPARKLE

I had a request from a friend to make her friend a card for her 40th birthday but she wanted it to have something to do with Australia as that is where she would be when she was celebrating it.
So here's what I came up with:




I found this map of Australia on the internet and thought it would be perfect for the background. 
I also thought this adorable image from LOTV looked a little bit like a Koala bear lol!!!!
Anyway my friend loved it - and I'm happy to report that her friend loved it too - phew!!!!

Card Ingredients:
Image: LOTV 'Patchwork Daisy'
Colouring Medium: Copics
Numbers: Tim Holtz 'Word Play' Die - Made to Sparkle with Platinum Stickles
Adhesive Pearls from stash
Sentiment: Stampin Up

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the awesome inspiration from my lovely DT buddies and to see the details of the fabulous prize on offer from our sponsor this week
Craft Bag

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

I'll be back again very shortly with another DT post to share with you.

Thanks for popping to see me today - I really do appreciate your support and always look forward to reading any comments you may wish to leave.

TTFN

12 comments:

Dawn C said...

What a fab idea, I just love that background Debs, lovely card hon x

Sarah said...

A smashing card Debs and what a good idea to use a map as a background...ingenious!! xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Debs, such a cute bear and coloured beautifully.
Hugs Wendy xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Fabulous Debs, love how you used the map for your backing paper. Hope you have had a fab day with Oliver. Susan xx

Janice said...

Another beauty! Hope you had a fun day, Jx

coops said...

so gorgeous debs.i really love your colours and james is adorable ;D

xx coops xx

craftinka said...

Hi Debs, love your card, the bear is so cute! Happy to be a Diva. Hugs, Justyna :)

craftinka said...

Hi Debs, love your card, the bear is so cute! Happy to be a Diva. Hugs, Justyna :)

Claire said...

This is adorable, love the image and fab background. Hope you have had a lovely day. Hugs, Claire x

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is gorgeous Debs… what a wonderful design… I love the map background and the cute Koala is just perfect! I really like the sparkly 40 too!
yes it has been lovely to see the sunshine this week… it really cheers me up too! :-)
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Sarah-Jane said...

Sweet card, I love the cute bear and the map is a great idea.
Sarah-Jane x

Judith said...

So sweet Debs - the map background was a great idea hugs Judith x