Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 2 December 2013

Sketch #23 - Option 'Let it Snow' at Sketch n Stash and lots of news

Good morning.
Hope you all had a lovely weekend.
Thanks for all the good luck wishes for the Christmas Craft Fayre yesterday - I will share some photos at the end of this post.
I also need to let you know about the exciting event that is happening over at 


this month so this is a very long post - grab a cuppa and get comfy :o)

So staring with the Craft Fayre I wish I could tell you it was a huge success but unfortunately it wasn't :o( 
Not one card sold!!! It wasn't just me that didn't sell much - everyone other than the lady next to me that was selling old fashioned knitted animals had a quiet day. 
But I did sell the Snow Plaque I made and one of the Key Holder Plaques - a couple of crackers and some bags of tags, a couple of packets of Snowman Soup and a couple or Gift Bags - including the one I'm sharing with you today as my DT project for 


and this fortnight as well as the sketch we have the optional theme of

LET IT SNOW

So here's what I did:




Here's what I used:
Image: Gorgeous die cut Topper from The Hobby House 'Wee Stamps - Silver Fairy'
Design Papers: LOTV 'Woodland Wishes'
Snowflakes Border: Joy Crafts 'Winter Wishes - Ice Crystals Border'
Let it Snow Sentiment: Pink Gem Designs 'Christmas Circle Sentiments - Set 2'
Adhesive Pearls: The Hobby House '5mm Ivory Silk'
Diamond Stickles

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.
Our sponsor this time is:
Offering 1 very lucky winner this fabulous prize:

As promised here is a picture of my table at the Christmas Craft Fayre yesterday:
Although not much was sold - I did get lots and lots of lovely compliments on all the things I had on display and I guess the positive to be taken is I have all the Christmas cards and some gifts I need personally already made so no mad rush on the lead up to the big day for me :o)

Anyway as I mentioned at the beginning of this extra long post I also need to tell you about the exciting event happening this month over at 

Here's an extract from the challenge blog posted yesterday:

Jill
owner of the Hobby House, wanted to do something special for this month

There is no challenge as such but instead we are giving everyone a chance to win a FABULOUS!!!!!! prize - including the Design Team.

You can enter this event with anything you have made that has not already been showcased on our
 Hobby House Inspiration blog.

This can be something you made previously or you can create something new if you want to.
All we ask is that your creation contains a Hobby House Topper.

How fabulous is that!!!!

Challenges I would like to enter:

The Hobby House - Use a Hobby House Topper
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes - Optional Twist Gift Packaging
Dream Valley - Anything But a Card
Joanna Sheen - Make it Sparkle
Totally Gorjuss - Snow's the Way to Go
Stampin for the Weekend - Feeling Festive
Stempelsonnen - Merry Christmas
Totally Papercrafts - Ho Ho Holidays
Wags n Whiskers - Things with Wings
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Thanks for staying with me to the end of this extra long post lol!!!
Have a fabulous day.

I'm off to dig out the Christmas Tree - not literally - just from the garage :o)

TTFN

36 comments:

Janice said...

Beautiful card Debs and an amazing sales table. Your makes look amazing so it must have be the wrong venue if you didn't sell much. Have fun decorating your tree, Jx

DesignerDiva said...

Your gift bag is beautiful Debs, I'm not surprised you sold it!! Your table at the craft fayre looks super too with lots of lovely different crafts I am surprised you didn't sell more those crackers look fab!
Hugs Laurie xx

Sue said...

Hello Debs,
Sorry to hear that the Craft Fayre was not so busy. Your table looked beautiful and at least you have lots of lovely goodies to give out to your family and friends.
Your gift bag is gorgeous, I love the cute image and beautiful detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous gift bag, Debs. I love Silver Fairy she is so beautiful.

So sorry the fayre was not more successful. Your table looked amazing! xx

coops said...

stunning gift bag debs.fabulous image and papers and I love the sparkle.
your table looks fantastic, such a shame you did not sell more.

xx coops xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Debs I was the same last year with hardly any sales at the Craft Fair I went to :( I think I would have bought all your stuff as its all so yummy.

Love this card her glittery wings are super, Hope you have a great week, Love Hazelxo

Sarah said...

Beautiful gift bag Debs. What a shame the Craft Fayre didn't go so well, they clearly have poor taste in your neck of the woods and don't know "unique"!! Still, as you said, you now have some stunning bits and bobs for your own use!! xx

Ira Huberts said...

Over the top gorgeous Debs, love love your wonderful colouring of this adorable image. It's so good to be back again, even though we're in the midst of grief at the moment. I find that creativity and looking at what other people have made are a great diversion. So thank you. Such a pity that the fair wasn't the success you wanted it to be, the stand looked superb! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Janet - aka stacky said...

Hi Debs your table looks amazing I can't believe it wasn't a sell out but then I am reading more and more about bloggers doing craft stalls and not making many sales, such a shame when so much work goes into it.
Your card is beautiful,such a pretty image and all your detailing looks lovely xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wowzer… this is gorgeous Debs!! it's a beautiful image and I really like the added sparkles!! Love the scrummy papers and snowflakes and the sentiment is wonderful… it's one very special gift bag!!
I'm really surprised that no cards were sold at the Craft Fayre… but glad that you sold the gorgeous plaques that you made! your stall looks awesome and SO tempting…love those crackers and the wall hangings!!
Hope you enjoy 'Covering your house in Christmas' this week hun!! ;-))
Have a good week!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Kate at the Hobby House said...

beautiful design love the colours and a perfectly gorgeous card, thank you for joining in with our Special Christmas Event at the Hobby House and good luck and your table looked amazing :)
Hugs Kate xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous gift bag Debs and your table at the fayre looks fab, but at least you did sell some items, so there is still a positive - craft fayres are so hard! Hope you are well? Hugs, Claire x

Wishcraft said...

Sorry to hear it wasn't more successful hun... I want to try some craft fayres next year, find it all a bit scary though! Your gift bag is beautiful :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Your stall looks fabulpus, sorry you didn't sell much, can't understand why. Love your gorgeous bag x

Lynsey said...

Hi Debs, this bag is stunning! I love how you used the snowflake boarder die, what a great idea!
Your table at the craft fair looks so pretty!
Hugs Lynsey x

Sharon said...

A beautiful craft table Debs with so many gorgeous makes. I did my first ever craft fayre on Saturday and loved it. Need to get on board with some more.

Your card is gorgeous. I love this image and what you have done with the snowflake border.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

cotnob said...

Your gift bag is gorgeous Debs, such a beautiful image and great design.
Your table looked amazing and it sounds like you managed to sell a few bits and bobs even if it wasn't very busy.
Pauline
x

Tina said...

Ganz bezaubernd . Gefällt mir.
Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei SsC.
LG Tina

Christine L said...

A gorgeous Chrismas bag creation Debs... love that fairy and her flittery glittery wings!

So sorry to hear the craft fair wasn't more of a success... Bahhhhh to these people who look but don't buy!

Hugs
Christine x

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie this is just stunning, gorgeous creation as always huggles Pops x x x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

A beautiful bag Debs, such a shame about the Fair how disappointing! Susan x

Del said...

Gorgeous bag Debs, I love that fairy and the lovely DP you used. Not very happy with you though....seen this border used on a couple of cards...and now I've had to buy it! lol Thanks for joining us at Stampin For The Weekend and Good Luck! xx

Chrissie said...

I love your DT card Debs, gorgeous colour palette and I'm in love with your snowflake border.
Your table looks totally stunning sweetie, such fabulous attention to detail. If not much was sold all I can say is it's their loss!
Chrissie xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous gift bag sweetie I sooooooo love these images, this one was the first one I fell in love with, then the addiction grew lol. Love the icicle border.
Your craft table looks awesome sweetie & so you should take a lot of positives from the day, you make fantastic creations.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous Project. Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene Dt

Sanja Grdinić said...

I love the design on this card! Coloring is spotless and those tones fit the fairy so well.
Have an awesome day!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous gift bag Debs, I love the sparkle :)
Your stall looks wonderful hun, such a shame not much sold.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Bea und Doreen said...

gorgeous bag. Such beautiful image and colours.
have a nice week
Hugs
Doreen xx

Nathalie said...

fantastic gift bag Deb. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley challenge.
Nathalie

Whisper said...

Absolutely stunning hun and i so love the sentiment too.

WOW your craft table looks stunning, with lots of gorgeous goodies too, Luv Sam x

Chana said...

Beautifully crafted gift bag! Your work is wonderful, precise and elegant! Sorry you didn't sell much, your product staging is wonderful! Love your design point of view. Thanks for dropping this fabulous bag off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Tamesis said...

Ohhh ist die süße geworden. Einfach zauberhaft Weihnachtlich.
Hab herzlichen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne
Liebe Grüße
Tamesis

Melissa said...

Such a beautiful card.
thanks for joining us at Totally gorjuss

Carol said...

Gorgeous card! I just love that fairy stamp. Thanks for joining us at 613 ave create.

Pami said...

Your table looks wonderful Debs, I am sorry you didn't sell anything. I would have bought loads! How do you find time do make all that stock, you must have been doing it all year!! P x

Debbie said...

This is such a fabulous gift bag Debs...I just adore this fabulous image. Great details. Your craft table looks amazing too. Happy New Year to you. x