Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 16 December 2013

Challenge #128 - Optional 'Glitter and Sparkle' at Sketch n Stash

Good morning my lovely blogging friends.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend and are somewhat nearer to being ready for the BIG DAY next week.
I had a busy weekend starting with a surprise visit from my youngest older brother that I hadn't seen for 5.5 years on Saturday.
Then yesterday I had planned some quiet time to sort a few more Christmas things out, to have a little play in my crafty haven and then a good old blog catch whilst catching up on Strictly - but I got a phone call from Aaron asking me to take him Christmas shopping down the Mall so all those plans went out the window.
So by the time I got back from shopping and then caught up with Saturday's Strictly it was just about time to make a quick tea and settle down to watch the results and then the X Factor final.

So it's the start of a new week and also the start of a new challenge over at 


and we have another fabulous sketch for you to work with and an optional theme of

GLITTER AND SPARKLE

Here's what I came up with:



I was very lucky to have won the gorgeous candy from Craftin Suzie recently and this is a card I sent to say thankyou - I know I'm safe to share it with you as Susan has already received it :o)

Card Ingredients:

Design Papers: from the candy win 'First Edition - Daydream'
Pearls: The Hobby House 
Pearl Flowers: The Hobby House
Sentiment Tag: LOTV

Our sponsors this week are:

and

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the full details of the prizes on offer and to see the gorgeous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:
The Hobby House - Special Christmas Event 
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Polkadoodles - Anything Goes
QKR Stampede - Favourite Embellishments (Ribbon and Pearls)
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes with Ribbon

Anyway I hope to have a good blog catch up later today - but not until after I have been for lunch and to see Santa in his Winter Wonderland with my squidgilicious Grandson Oliver and my snuggalicious Granddaughter Ruby Mae - I'm soooooo excited :o)

Thanks for popping by to see me - I really do appreciate your support and always look forward to reading any comments you may wish to leave.

Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

32 comments:

Juls said...

Beautiful card!! Hugs Juls

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Debs this is gorgeous and looks even more gorgeous sat on my shelf in my Craft Room! Another big thank you for it, love the pearl braid too! Susan xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable card and also gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Sounds like a busy Christmassy weekend. What a gorgeous card, love this image and the pearl trim is beautiful. Have a fun day

Jane Savage said...

Lovely card, Debs. That pearl border is fab! xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie this is gorgeous I love the colours, fabulous creation hugs Pops x x x

Sharon said...

This is a beautifully coloured cute image Debs. She is so cute and I love the stripy papers.
I ordered a personal stamp from your link Debs. Thanks for the info.
I have so much to do before the big man arrives but I am always last minute at Christmas. Should really start in January for next year!!!
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Anjie said...

This is super cute! Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday at Polka Doodles.
Anjie

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a hectic weekend Debs!
Your card is gorgeous, I love the sweet image and beautiful papers.
I hope you have a wonderful and magical time visiting Santa with your adorable Grandchildren.
hugs Sue xx

Whisper said...

Absolutely gorgeous and i'm so loving that double row of pearls too, Luv Sam x

CraftygasheadZo said...

Lovely, thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday - Polkadoodles. Take care Zo xx

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Debs, adorable image and love the colours and pretty pearl trim.
Thanks so much for my beautiful card, much appreciated.
Hope you have had a wonderful time with your grandchildren visiting Santa.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Chrissy said...

So very pretty Debs..love the cute image and fab colouring and love the pearl trim..gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Christine L said...

Such a fabulous card Debs... I think that's one of my favourite SK images.. - and you've coloured it so beautifully.

Hope you had a lovely afternoon date with Santa and your grandchildren!

Hugs
Christine x

Christine L said...

Me again.... sorry I just re-read and saw it was a topper.... well it LOOKS hand coloured! LOL

x

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Debs, I love your pretty image and papers - your pearl trim is lovely.
Pauline
x

Daniele said...

such a gorgeous card Debs, love the pretty colours you have used
hugs

Wishcraft said...

A gorgeous card Debs, so pretty! Thank you for the lovely Christmas card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Judith said...

This is gorgeous Debs - I'm sure Susan loved it! - its lovely to visit a blog that hasn't got a Christmas card lol hugs Judith x

Kate at the Hobby House said...

ah Debs another beauty and love the design and colours on this one with those pearl strings gorgeous a great entry to the HH Christmas Special Event
Hugs Kate xx

tilly's crafts said...

gorgeous image - so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz! Don’t forget to check back for the winner & top 3 in January! Kim x

Ira Huberts said...

Gorgeous card Debs, love how you coloured your image, with those fine soft tones and the pearl braid looks superb! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sarah-Jane said...

Lovely card Debs, really pretty.
Sarah-Jane x

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Debs… such a cute image and I love the pretty papers and embellies that you've teamed with it… everything has come together beautifully! :-)
Glad you managed to catch up with Strictly eventually! Hope you had a fab time with Oliver and Ruby Mae at the Winter Wonderland! sounds lots of fun!
Have a lovely evening!
Big Hugs Sue xx

coops said...

so gorgeous debs.fab pretty details and colours and I love the image ;D

xx coops xx

Claire said...

Love this sweet card hun, lovely colours. Hugs, Claire x

Janine said...

What a gorgeous card Debs. Love the image ans it's coloured beautifully! Thanks you so much for my Christmas card, it arrived today and was a lovely surprise. I am so far behind I think I'll need to buy some :(
Hugs, Janine xx

Tammy said...

Awww this is so sweet Debs, I love that image and your gorgeous row of pearls!
Hugs, Tammy

PaperDaisies said...

Such a great card. Love the colour combo. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Bettina L. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. Love the pastel design with that little cutie. Thanks for playing at QKR Stampede and good luck. Hope to see you back friday for a new challenge.Bettina DT Member at QKR Stampede!! xx

Ardilla said...

Beautiful card!!!
Thanks for playing with us at QKR Stampede this week.
Merry Christmas,
Ardilla :)

Liz said...

Beautiful card. I love the colours! Thank you for entering in The Hobby House Challenge!