Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 17 October 2013

Red & White for Christmas

Good morning.
Having a lazy morning this morning - no rushing around trying to get Jack up and ready in time for school as he's at home today because the teacher's are on strike!!!
He will also be at home tomorrow as it's an INSET day.

Today I would like to share a non-DT make with you.
I have a Christmas Fayre planned at the beginning of December so I have been busy trying to get ahead with some Christmas cards - here's one I made a few days ago using some gorgeous freebie stamps with this month's Simply Cards and Papercraft that co-ordinate with Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2011:




You might remember this card I made a few weeks ago - well I made another background but this time I then covered it with a sticky adhesive sheet and added some clear micro beads from Creative Expressions - the texture is amazing IRL - it gives the image a sort of frosty look - fabulous!!!
I stamped the images onto red cardstock using Perfect Medium and heat embossed with True White EP then die cut using the Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2011 dies.
Finished off with a touch of co-ordinating twine and a few adhesive gems.
(The hair showing in the close - up photos is an optional extra lol!!!)
I'm quite pleased with how this turned out - hope you like it too :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Christmas
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Sparkle and Shine
Inkspirational - Anything Goes
Sisterhood of Crafter's - Anything Goes
Crafting Musketeers - Christmas in October
Crimson Cloud - Christmas Cards
Deep Ocean - Christmas is Around the Corner
Holly Jolly Christmas - Inpsired by a Christmas Carol/Song (Let it Snow)
Craft Your Passion - Embossing

Aaron, Kerry and my squidgilicious Grandson Oliver came home from their jollies yesterday and I and off to meet them for lunch today for a good catch up and squidges from Oliver.

Thanks for popping by - it's always lovely to see you.
Have a fabulous day.

TTFN


31 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Debs this is stunning, love this card xxx

Fran said...

Great card, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog, Fran (DT) xxx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debs :-) I love the whole design of this, very stylish :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Sheena Mckee said...

Beautiful card, love the red, true Christmas colour thank you for joining in with us at crafting musketeers and good luck

Jane Savage said...

Amazing card, Debs, love the colour scheme. I got these free stamps with the mag too but haven't used them yet (story of my life) you've inspired me to ink them up now! xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this looks stunning, I saw that sticky stuff on Create and Craft and love the effect with the beads, it looks amazing, Good Luck with the Fayre xxHazel xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous, i bought the mag for these stamps and haven't had time to play yet, think I need the dies too. Love your micro beads background

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Debs, beautiful background. My eldest had to go to college for one lesson today, all of the other teachers were on strike!
Pauline
x

Sarah said...

Great card, funnily enough I picked up that magazine in the supermarket this morning!! Thanks for the inspiration xx

pinky said...

Well that will have no problem getting itself sold Debs, just beautiful.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Debs...love the red and white and what a great freebie...just have to wait 6 months for it to arrive here in NZ..lol..very classy card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Debs. I LOVE how you have made the background. The white images on the red card look so effective too.
I hope you have had a good day.
hugs Sue xx

~ginny said...

I love the background Debbie - you are right that is a cool technique! And I have always loved white EP on red CS. Makes a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing your project in the “Add Some Embossing” Challenge at Craft Your Passion.
~ginny
Design Team - Craft Your Passion
RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

Debbie said...

Gosh Debs, What a super card, the baubles are gorgeous, a very lovely traditional colour too.
Debbiex

Ira Huberts said...

So pretty, the patterns remind me of Norwegian knitting motives, very stylish Debs! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sharon said...

Truly gorgeous Debs. The background is fab and I love the baubles.
Hugs Sharon. x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Fabulous card Debs love your background and I will keep my eyes open for this magazine! Susan x

downrightcrafty said...

super idea Debs love how you have used the twine just ace a great card
Hugs Kate xx

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous - love it. Hugs, Claire x

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Debs! Love your card. It is one I would love to receive for the Holidays! Thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

Mau xx said...

Hi Debs, thanks for calling :)
Love the card, the blending on the background is lovely.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Hazel said...

What a gorgeous card - thanks for entering this into the Crafting Musketeers 'Christmas in October' challenge - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge 146 and CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Nonni said...

Stunning! I believe the background looks amazing in real life, so glittery and frosty. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges!

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous background and fab design too, so lovely hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Tammy said...

Stunning card Debs, I love that background and your beautiful ornaments!!
Hugs, Tammy

Christine L said...

You've made a fab job with this freebie Debs.. I never normally buy magazines, but I couldn't resist this one and now cant wait to use it!

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

so stunning debs.really.stylish design and I love the baubles ;D

xx coops xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Marlene DT

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Beautiful creation and love how you used the twist. Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

katslittlepassion said...

this is a fabulous card :)

Thanks for participating in CYP challenge!

Kat
Craft Your Passion DT

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Gorgeous! Love the background and your ornaments are stunning!!!

Thanks for sharing at Crafting Musketeers!