Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 26 October 2013

More Red & White for Christmas

Good morning.
Hurrah it's the weekend and also the start of the half term holidays for Jack - think he's ready for the break - he seems to have had so much more work to do - as expected though since he has now started his GCSE courses. My DH is also off for the week so we have quite a few things planned to keep us busy and allow us to spend some quality time together.

So today I'm here to share an other festive make with you. I took my inspiration from a card I saw recently on Debbie's blog - here (thanks for the inspiration Debbie)

I loved the look of the embossed parchment so decided to give it a go myself and here's what I did:




Card ingredients:
Parchment Paper embossed with Embossalicious Folder 'Christmas Elegance'
Freebie image from Simply Cards stamped onto red cardstock and heat embossed with white EP
Die cut using Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2011
I added a touch of Star Dust stickles to each dot  and the middle of the snowflakes on the embossed parchment.
Red gingham ribbon from stash and a few adhesive gems to finish it off.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Winter Wonderland - Check this Out 
Christmas Cards all Year Round - Getting Ready for Christmas

Sorry I didn't get round to see any of you yesterday. I had my first session of acupuncture on my shoulder and arm and then I was out for lunch with Rowena and my snuggalicious Grand-daugher Ruby Mae.
My arm wasn't so good last night so I was in bed by 9:30pm but I'm happy to say that it feels so much better this morning.

Before I go I just thought I'd share a photo of Ruby Mae taken yesterday getting ready for her lunch - she has just started having baby porridge and she loves it:


She is sooooooo petitie and dolly like that we had to try and mold her buggy cosy toes around her so she didn't fall out of the gap in the highchair lol!!!

Thanks for popping by to see my today and for all the lovely comments you have left recently - I always appreciate your support.

Have a fabulous crafty day.
TTFN

14 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I really must use these stamps, this is lovely, great background. With my DT hat on thanks for playing at WW. Glad your arm is feeling a bit better. What a cute little doll she is x

Avril Ann said...

Debs, your card is AWESOME, my lovely, hope you have a great half term with your son, my grandson just went back to school this week, and I miss having him around.

Ruby Mae, is utterly gorgeous, just bought a high chair for Noah, this week, as he is on finger foods, just need to get the chair to him, LOL...doesn't time fly by, love and hugs xxx

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful Photo.
Lovely card.
Gr Elly

Sue said...

Awwwww Ruby Mae looks adorable - thanks for making me smile!
Your card is stunning Debs. The embossed parchment looks wonderful and I love the the white stamping on red card.
I hope you have a good weekend and fabulous half term too.
hugs Sue xx

Debbie said...

Morning Debs. Thank you for the shout out, so glad I inspired your card (don't think I have ever inspired anyone before, chuffed rotten).
Your card is stunning, doesn't it look good, looks like you have spend hours on it fiddling with a ball tool (oh pardon the expression!)
Ruby Mae is a gorgeous squiggy delight, love the wee bow in her (not a lot) of hair! LOL
Debbiex

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Debs, the embossed parchment looks gorgeous.
Ruby Mae is adorable.
Have a fab weekend.
Pauline
x

Whisper said...

Absolutely stunning hun, i bought the stamp set as well, but i don't have the dies, so am going to have to buy them.

Your granddaughter looks so gorgeous and sweet, enjoy half term, Luv Sam x

Chrissy said...

So elegant Debs...love the embossing on the parchment..gorgoeus.
And look at that sweet little pet sitting there,she is so adorable..

Luv CHRISSYxx

vickiscraft said...

Oh Deb she's so cute (loving the bow!) Great card too...lol I like the parchment embossed looks really effective. I have that free stamp set from the mag, I couldn't believe it when I saw it (couldn't buy it quick enough...lol)

Enjoy the half-term ;)
Hugs
Vicki x

coops said...

gorgeous card debs.i love the bauble and really stylish design.
stunning pic of your granddaughter too, she is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Juls said...

Very stylish!! Hugs Juls

downrightcrafty said...

a beautiful card and gorgeous check, thanks for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Hazel said...

Love the red and white - another very attractive card. Thanks for sharing this for CCAYR 'getting ready for Christmas' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Claire said...

Hello lovely, I'm on catch up! Love your Christmassy creation, very elegant and love the colours and Ruby-Mae is just adorable. Hugs, Claire x