Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 16 September 2013

Gilding Flakes and Sparkle

Good afternoon.

I'm back again with my second post for today - please scroll down or click here for my DT post for
Cutie Pies.
So as my DH is away I've been keeping busy and getting ahead with some Christmas makes. I recently treated myself to some gorgeous Indigo Blu goodies and here's a card I made using a couple of stamps.




Card Ingredients:
Images: Indigo Blu 'Baubles Flourish' and 'Snowman Dinkie'
Gilding Flakes: Indigo Blu 'Autumn Blaze'
Festive Berries Distress Ink
Glamour Dust
Adhesive Gems from stash
Sentiment: Kaisercraft

Challenges I would like to enter:
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
52 CCT - Colour Challenge - Red White and Kraft
Winter Wonderland - Frosty the Snowman
Crafter's Cafe - No Designer Paper

Unfortunately my MiL is still in hospital - with stomach problems - which means my DH won't be here in the morning for Jack's birthday :o(
Think I'll make his favourite breakfast - pancakes - and keep my fingers crossed John gets back in time for his birthday tea - hoping to go out with Aaron, Kerry and Oliver to a restaurant of Jack's choice.

Anyway - thanks for popping by (again) today.
Enjoy your evening - think mine will be spent in my little crafty haven :o)

TTFN

21 comments:

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Debs. I love the gilded flourish and bauble. Very beautiful and such a cute image.
Hugs Sharon.
Hope your MIL recovers quickly and you all make it together for tea.
Hugs Sharon. x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Debs. I haven't got my gilding flakes out yet.. thanks for the reminder xx

fiona walker said...

Beautiful card Debs thankyou for joining us at our current challenge at challenges 4 everybody. Good luck Fiona DT.

Donna Mosley said...

WOW! Debs, this is stunning! Love it!

Donna x

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous snowman just perfect for our challenge at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

theCook said...

I absolutely love that gilding effect! How does it work? Do you have to put some kind of glue on the stamps instead of ink?

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Debs, I love your snowman with the little robin and your gilded flourish is beautiful.
I hope Jack has a wonderful birthday.
Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Pauline
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Thisnis so gorgeous, love the scroll and baubles and cute snowman. Hope Jack has a lovely Birthday x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Hi Debs what a beautiful stamp and it looks so pretty done in the gilding flakes! Hope your MIL improves and DH gets home in time for tea!! Happy Birthday to Jack for tomorrow! Susan x

Sue said...

WOW! This is gorgeous Debs, I love the images and the gilding flakes look amazing
Happy Birthday to Jack for tomorrow. I hope your MiL is better soon and that hubby is home in time for Jack's birthday tea.
hugs Sue xx

Mynnette said...

The metallics are so gorgeous on this card! And the image is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

coops said...

so stunning debs.gorgeous stamps and the gilding is fabulous :D

xx coops xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is SO pretty Debs… what beautiful colours with the gilding flakes.. it works so well with the stamp. I love the soft inked background and the cute snowman… it's absolutely stunning! :-)
I'm sorry to hear that your MIL is unwell… I hope she recovers soon... and hope you all enjoyed Jack's Birthday tea!
Take care hun
Big hugs
Sue xx

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card all that glitter and sparkle and the gilding flakes on the baubles wow.
Hugs
Margaet M

Shirley said...

This is simply stunning! I love that flourish and the baubles! Thank you for joining us this week at Crafter's Café!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, gorgeous creation, hugs Pops x

Claire said...

This is a lovely card hun, great images and love the colours. Hope Jack has a fabulous Birthday and John gets back in time. Sorry to hear about your MIL, hope its not too serious (I think I may have missed a post so will need to check back). Sending hugs, Claire xx

Emily Thubbron said...

Wow.. This is stunning. I love all the sparklies. Thanks for sharing this great card with us at Crafter's Cafe.

Em, Team B DT

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Debs, the gilding looks stunning and lifts the card beautifully.
Thank you fore joining the Winter Wonderland Snowman challenge and good luck x Susan x

Deborah Frings said...

How beautiful! I really like the gilding on the scroll and sweet snowman. Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Danielle Vincent said...

Really lovely card Debs. I love that flourish with the ornaments - really stunning. Hope the birthday was wonderful. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!