Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Anything Goes at Papertake Weekly

Good afternoon.
Well today is the last day of the school holidays - Jack is back at school tomorrow so I have had a busy morning sorting out his uniform and making sure he has got everything he needs ready so there arre no last minute 'ooops I forgot I need..........'
I have also been to the Gym - the one I mentioned last week that had a 'too good to be true' offer - well it turns out the offer wasn't too good to be true so both John and I have joined. I am planning to go at least 3 times a week - Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday and also hoping to do at least one class (an no extra cost) per week too - will let you know how it goes but so far so good :o)

So today sees the start of a new challenge over at

PAPERTAKE WEEKLY 

and this week it's

ANYTHING GOES
with the option of Christmas

Here's what I did:
I recently treated myself to this gorgeous Stampendous stamp - I saw it around blogland so much last year and just couldn't resist it :o)




Card Ingredients:

Fabulous image:  Stampendous Snowy Postcard
Stamped using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and then I dragged the ink out with a water brush
I also sprinkled a little Stampendous Chunky White Embossing Enamel and heat embossed
Mat and layered onto navy card stock and then onto embossed Centura Pearl with a hint of silver card stock using Embossalicious 'Christmas Elegance' embossing folder
Finished off with some beautiful double sided satin ribbon and bow.

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from my talented DT buddies and to see the details of the prize on offer from our sponsor this week.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Crafter's Companion - Embossing
A Little Bit Crafty - Clean and Simple
Natalie and Amy's Challenge - Embossing
One Crazy Stamper - Christmas
Addicted to Stamps - Anything Goes
Christmas Card Challenge - Something New (my new gorgeous stamp)
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Fashionista - Christmas
Ladybugs Crafts Ink - Winter Wonderland

Thanks for popping by.
Enjoy the rest of the day.
TTFN

34 comments:

Jane said...

Gorgeous card, I too saw this stamp around last year and treated myself recently. I haven't seen a bad card using this stamp yet! Your card is just beautiful. Love Jsne x

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Debs, really elegant and I love the blue and white x

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Debs. A gorgeous image and design.
Hugs Sharon, x

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh my gosh, this is so gorgeous! I love that image! Absolutely beautiful, Debs!!!
hugs, Sharon

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! This is stunning Debs. I love that image and the way you have coloured it looks amazing. The embossing and ribbon look gorgeous too.
hugs Sue xx

Debbie said...

Gosh Debbs, this is absolutely gorgeous, I love that image too. Love the colour you've chosen and the embossing looks super. Beautiful.
Debbiex

Avril Ann said...

Debs this is gorgeous hun, fabulous image and love the elegance of this card, hope Jack gets on a school okay tomorrow, and enjoy the gym xxx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Debs, I love that image and it looks fabulous in the Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.
Pauline
x

Judith said...

This is gorgeous Debs - love the image and the layout is beautiful - I'm still lazing around on my sunbed with lots of blogging time - and like you I've joined (a really good deal!) gym that opens just in time for me when I get home - I'll be your gym buddy lol have a great week hugs Judith x

coops said...

love this debs.my all time fav Christmas stamp and your design is fantastic :D

xx coops x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous stamp Debs and I love the colours and the snow..gorgeous card..love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

La Papera Gialla said...

You're right, your new stamp is gorgeous and you inked it perfectly! A really really wonderful card!
Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
Monica - CCC DT

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Debs, love this stamp it is so classy x Susan x

Wishcraft said...

A beautiful card Debs, love how you've that fab stamp - I bought it just before Christmas last year, couldn't resist!

Hope you enjoy the gym. I'm planning on joining one myself soon, just trying to decide which one :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Donna said...

Stunning card Debs, the colour combination is so elegant and I love the scene on the stamp, it's beautiful. Hope Jacks first day back at school goes well tomorrow :) Donna ♥ x

Jayne A said...

Beautiful card.
Hugs
Jayne

Lisa Carroll said...

What a beautiful card! So elegant! Thanks for participating in the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Pat K said...

Stunningly beautiful Debs. Gorgeous image but your design makes it fabulous. hugs, Pat K xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is just stunning hun, just love it!

Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Debs :-) I love the colour and the whole scene ,,, so pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous - love the colour combo and the fabulous stamps. Hope the gym goes well for you both and Jack had a good first day back. Hugs, Claire x

karen said...

Wow stunning Debs, really striking and beautiful colours, karenx

Jane said...

Hi me again, fabulous card. Good luck in the challenge at ALBC. Jane x

Donna Ellis said...

How gorgeous, Debs! Love the monochromatic theme and coloring technique with your beautiful stamp! Thank you for joining us at Fashionista this month! I hope you will submit more of your pretty cards to the challenge in the future! hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}

Whisper said...

Aaah simply classy, Luv Sam x

Jay said...

This is a very stunning card, you have made the scene pop to life. I love the shading, its very natural and realistic, I simply love your wonderful work. I am happy that you have entered your wonderful creation with the Fashionista challenge, the best of luck. Take care Jay x

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous card Debs. I love that stamp.

Susan x

PS Do I need this stamp.....

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Debs this is utterly gorgeous! Love the CAS design. You have nailed it! The DI is wonderful used this way, looks fabulous. Just love everything about it. Hugs, Wends xxx

Karen (karey2005) said...

Gorgeous! Such a serene scene! Thank you for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N, CCC-DT

Wendy said...

So beautiful Debs, love the stamp...Thanks for playing along with us at A Little Bit Crafty his month...good luck
Wendy xx

Heather said...

Stunning! I really like the beautiufl details on this card. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper.

Kerry said...

This is just beautiful Debs...I love the image (I must be the only one that hasn't seen it!) and the the ribbon is perfect. Thanks so much for joining in our Winter Wonderland challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at Crafters Companion.xxx

Debbie Fisher said...

A beautiful card, thank you for joining in over at Crafters Companion xxx