Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 29 July 2013

Home Decor - NOEL

Good morning my lovely crafty friends and welcome to my latest new followers - thank you so much for taking the time to follow me - hope you enjoy your visits and stay a while.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. The weather was somewhat strange - threatened showers and thunderstorms and then glorious sunshine all within the same day - certainly not the weather to iron outside as I did on Friday :o)

Not sure what today's weather will bring - at the moment (7:30am) it's very blustery and cloudy but with an air of brightness as well - if that's possible??!!!

The best thing to do when the weather is so unpredictable I guess is to have a little play with my crafty goodies - so that's what I did over the weekend and today I would like to share a piece of home decor I have made which will be a gift for either Jamie & Rowie or Aaron & Kerry for Christmas using an MDF piece I got from either the NEC earlier in the year or I think it could have been from Harrogate last year!!!




I started by painting the letters using a pearlised paint and then added the following die cuts:

Memory Box: Lindeman Snowflake - MCH
Precious Ornaments (with the bows snipped off) -  MCH
Spellbinders: Poinsettia
Martha Stewart: Arctic Snowflake
Gingham Ribbon and adhesive pearls from stash
A touch of Star Dust Stickles

Challenges I would like to enter:
Anything But a Card - Christmas/Winter Holiday in July
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Pile it On - Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss - Christmas in July
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything Goes
Creative Corner - Christmas in July
Polkadoodles - Christmas in July
Simply Create Too - Anything But a Card
Creative Moments - Anything But a Card

Thanks for popping by today - I really do appreciate your support and I always look forward to reading any comments you may wish to leave.

Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

28 comments:

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is stunning Debs. I love the colours and wonderful details you have added.
I hope you have a good day.
Hugs Sue xx

Claire said...

Good morning hun - I love what you have done with this - great colours and elements and would look fab in any home at Christmas. I must dig all my MDF shapes out - I have loads to decorate and you know what will happen, I will just buy more at the next craft show LOL! I forgot to as you how your arm is - I've been so consumed with everything here - sorry! Hugs, Claire xx

coops said...

wow so stunning debs.love the classy colours and really gorgeous details :D

xx coops xx

Avril Ann said...

Debs this would be an asset in anyones home at xmas, I love this, and you have used my favourite pattern, gingham...love this hun xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

It looks stunning Debs, love the silver with the red I guess gold would look good too! Someone will be lucky to receive it! Susanx

Sarah said...

What a wonderful project Debs...
an original!! x

Whisper said...

Oh absolutely stunning hun and what a super idea too, Luv Sam x

Zoe said...

Gorgeous Creation. Great Idea to decorate a piece of christmas MDF and I love the martha stewart arctic snowflake. The embellishments are pretty and the bow is cute.

Zoe
xxxx

Donna said...

This is gorgeous Debs and so beautifully altered, love the colour theme and whoever is lucky enough to receive this will treasure it as a keepsake for eyars to come :) Donna ♥ x

Debbie said...

Hi Debs, this is so stylish dearie.Really love it.Hope you're okay - I am eventually getting caught up with my comments at last.Thank you for all your lovely comments that you've left me recently.Big crafty hugs Debbie x

Christine L said...

This is fab Debs, and will look gorgeous at Christmas in whoever's house it gets to!

Hugs
Christine x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Debs this is brilliant, what a wonderful gift for someone. I know what you mean with the weather, its so changeable here. Today we had sunshine (Burny hot) then storms then sun again and now its lovely. So weird!!!Hope your arm is on the mend now, Love Hazelxox

Gerda said...

What a wunderful project! I love it! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

DT-Member SCT
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Debs!! I love the color of paint you've used and all of the beautiful dies, this is such a fabulous Christmas gift!
Big Hugs, Tammy

cotnob said...

This is stunning Debs, what a wonderful Christmas gift. Your red and white die cuts are fabulous along with your pretty gingham bows.
Pauline
x

Janice said...

This is so lovely Debs, what a super Christmas decoration & a lovely gift, Jx

Asha said...

A stunning festive creation, Debs. Thanks for playing along with us.
Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

Lisette Baker said...

This is superb. I love all the embellishments you have added. Stunning! Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.

Jules said...

Hi Debs

This is so beautiful and very elegant!!

Love your colour choices and fabulous use of dies.

Hope all is good with you after your hospital stay.

Everything busy and fun in the House of Hearts.

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Karon said...

WOW - so pretty - love the embellishments! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, DT Polka Doodles.

downrightcrafty said...

this is wonderful love all the detailing stunning
Hugs Kate xx

Julie Short said...

The crisp colours draw the eye Deb and make me want to go wow! Great details make this a treasure to use for the season. Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card this challenge!

Mau xx said...

Superb!! I love it Debs.
Huge Hugs Mau xx

michele said...

Gorgeous Debs, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafts 4 eternity hugs x

Erica said...

This is a lovely piece of home decor..Soooo not a card, so perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing with Simply Create Too in our Anything but a card challenge. Come again soon.
Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

Michelle H. said...

Very creative and beautiful!!
Thank you for joining in on the Creative Inspirations Paint challenge!
Michelle, dt team

Shea said...

What a gorgeous project, Debs! (And hello there!) Love the shimmery quality, and this piece speaks of quiet elegance and would accent any home with style. Thanks so much for joining us at CI Paints!

Clarky J said...

Wow I love it ! I love all things Christmas. - thanks for playing along with creative moments - anything but a card challenge xx