Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 30 May 2013

Sketch Time at MAWTT

Good morning.
It's 8:45am as I am writing this post and I have only just got up - which for those that know me know that is very late for me - but what a palaver last night was!!!
My DH was away last night and Pickle Lilycat decided to bring a mouse into the house :o(
She doesn't do this very often and John usually deals with it. I am no good with that sort of thing - whether they are dead or alive - she usually manages to keep them alive!!! 
So at 3:00am I had no choice other than to get Jack up to help me follow John instructions on how to get the mouse out of the house.
He made it sound soooooooo easy - just get Pickle out of the way - shut all the doors - open the front door and 'guide' the mouse out with the broom - simples!!!
So I put Pickle into the kitchen - shut the doors - opened the front door - and then had to try to get the broom out of the cupboard which wasn't easy as the mouse was hiding by the shoes (that should have been in the cupboard anyway) in front of the cupboard door. Of course as soon as it moved I screamed - that's when my hero AKA Jack took over :o) As he proceeded to 'guide' the mouse towards the front door - who was there - of course - Pickle Lilycat - who had gone straight out the cat flap when I put her in the kitchen!!!! I eventually got hold of Pickle again and put her in another room whilst Jack eventually got the traumatised mouse out the front door - hurrahhh!!!
Then I had to listen to Pickle Lilycat meowing for another 2 hours before it turned light and I let her go back out - I thought that at least if it was light any mice might stand half a chance of getting away!!!!
Cats - who'd have 'em!!!!!

Anyway I'm also here to share my DT card for 


and this week it's really Team A's turn to share some inspiration but I wanted to join in as this will be the last challenge from MAWTT until October - as we are having a long Summer break to recharge batteries and find lost Mojo's

Our very very lovely Boss Lady - Hazel has picked a fabulous sketch for you to play with this week:

Here's what I did:



It will be Jamie's 30th Birthday next month and this card is for Aaron to give him.

Card Ingredients:
Image: LOTV 'Put Your Feet Up'
Colouring Medium: Copics
Design Papers: My Mind's Eye 'Lost and Found - Breeze'- MCH 
Sentiment Tags - LOTV (Love these!!!)
Pearl Brad - Hobby House
Memory Box: Corner Bow - MCH Alphas and Numbers
Stars: Small and medium punches and pearl stars from stash

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from the rest of my lovely DT buddies.
Hope you are able to join in the fun with us this week.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Inkspirational - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Creative Craft - For the Fellas
Tip Top Tuesday - Numbers
Cupcake Craft - Boys
Red Carpet Studio - Birthday

Thanks for popping by and 'listening' to my rabbling on.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

42 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors.
Gr Elly

Janice said...

Cats! You got to love them and who ever said they rid a house of mice clearly never owned one - like your cat, Femo infests our house with live mice not the opposite! Anyway, card - Beautiful. So love your design & image and all that lovely green. Brilliant as always, Jx

Judith said...

I totally agree with you debs cats and dogs!) are nothing but trouble!! Its times like the middle of the night when you love them most lol. Love your cute card - I agree about the LOTV sentiment tags - i just love them - I have to stop myself using them these days becuause they just fit every card hugs judith x

Aunty Sue said...

Deb s so love this stamp and your colour choice. Great sketch too. Have a lovely day

Kelly Lloyd said...

Omg debs. I would have been screaming too. Lol
Your card is gorgeous. I love love love the colour. And that sketch layout is brilliant
Hugs Kelly

Claire said...

Well I am sat here laughing my head off as I can just envisage all of the activity LOL. One clever cat got the better of you too by the sounds of it! Glad you got it sorted and Jack was on hand to help, although I bet he didn't appreciate the early wake up call! Love your card, fab image and layout and love the colour. Hope you have a fab day hun. Hugs, Claire xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Fab card Debs the green looks really good and what a cute image! We have traumas like that with our cat! My husband always deals with it too! My daughter once stayed to look after the cat and rang us at our hotel at 600 in the morning screaming and hysterical down the phone because the cat had brought a live bird into her bedroom!!! As you say - who would have them!! Hope you have a less eventful night tonight! Susan x

Sharon said...

What a brave girl Debs. I don't think I could have been in the same room as a mouse.
Your card is gorgeous. A fabulous image and I love the colouring. Love the papers.
Hugs Sharon. x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh No Naughty Kitty. Mind you I was up all night too with a poorly puppy. Shes on my knee as I type now, hopefully on the mend!!!
Love your card its so sweet, The colours are brilliant,

Love Hazelxo

Sue B said...

Aww your card is gorgeous Debs… it's a very sweet image and your colouring is perfection!! I love the scrummy papers and the little stars and tags!!
Ooh the mouse incident sounds horrible… you and Jack were very brave!! we live right next to the meadows and so over the years we have had a few incidents with furry creatures…bird in the house….mouse in the house… and rats in the garden once…. and they were blooming huge!! all due to some new food recycling bins!! so nearly everybody has stopped using them now around here… we much prefer blackbirds and robins in our garden!! ;-)
Anyway, hope you have a lovely day hun!
Take Care
Hugs Sue xx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

ha ha @ your mouse story. My daughter is always telling me about the little 'presents' her cats bring her.

Fab card - love your colouring and that combo of papers.
Caroline xxx

Anne said...

Gorgeous card. Love the tags and stars, and the green is beautiful. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Donna said...

This is an ace card Debs, love the masculine design and sweet image...perfectly coloured too. Thanks for joining in with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Debs, love the sdorable image and your amazing colouring hun. Aww! what a night, you'll be shattered later.

Donna x

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable card Debs, I love that LOTV image and your gorgeous coloring!
Hugs, Tammy

Mynnette said...

That image is just about right for most of the men in my life, lol! This is too cute! LOVE the distressed feel! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

downrightcrafty said...

oh gosh don't laugh Debs think I left a comment before my computer restarted but cannot see it so you get two

this is fabulous love the image and the great colours
Hugs Kate xx

Ira Huberts said...

What a hilarious story of you, the cat and the mouse Deb! Had to laugh about it, hope you don't mind ;-) Love love your card, such stunning colours, supercool masculine card! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sue said...

This is such a wonderful mens card! Your image is so beautifully coloured and I love your muted colour palette, just perfect. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Lisa Jane said...

Fab colour combo and love the stars!
A great male card - which i love
Lisa x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debs, it sounds like you had such a fun night I wish I had been there it must have been so funny, mind you I would have screamed as well, lol. Debs I adore this fabulous card the sketch looks ACE and you have used such great detail, super, super card.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue - bearhouse said...

Oh dear! It sounds like you had great fun last night! Glad Jack came to your rescue. I don't mind mice too much I just hate it when my cat plays with them when they are half dead.
Your card is fabulous. I love that image and the papers and colours are gorgeous.
hugs Sue xx

Vicky said...

Fabulous hun...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Poor you, I used to hate it when our cat brought in a mouse. Fab card, great colouring

Wishcraft said...

Ooh this is fab Debs! Love the layout and colours, and think this might be my favourite stamp from the latest release, but they're all so cute :o)

At the moment our cats don't bring us any 'gifts'... one is too old to bother and the little one hasn't worked out how to catch anything yet - he's going to manage it soon though I'm sure!

Hugs, Lisa x

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Debs...such a cute image and I love the fabulous colours.
Hugs Debbie x

Danielle Vincent said...

Your card brought a big smile to my face. Thanks for sharing your awesome creation with us this week at ATS&M. Love how you colored that darling fella.

Rochelle Spears said...

wow! love love LOVE this card! That is a great stamp!!! Thanks for play along with RCS! :)

coops said...

so gorgeous debs.really love the image and your design and colours are stunning ;D


xx coops xx

creatingwithpaper said...

Very cute! Great coloring job and I love the tag details. So glad that you joined us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

sari said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the shades of green and the image is gorgeous! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

cotnob said...

Fabulous card Debs, I love your image and great colour choice.
One of our cats brought a bird into the house and let it go in my kitchen - needless to say it made rather a lot of mess at it did circuits around the room before I managed to get it to fly out through the door.
I hope you have recovered from your busy night.
Have a great weekend.
Pauline
x

Nikki said...

I love this Debbie. A great LOTV image with a lovely colour combination. Just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational this week.

Nikki

Carole said...

You were brave, when our cat brought in a mouse I run upstairs and stay there till my Mum arrives to get it out!
Brill card Debs, love the colours

Big Hugs
Carole xXx

mixamatoasties said...

Love this Debs. And I think I need this stamp!

Susan x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Lol so glad I've got a dog...ewwww mices!

Gorgeous card hun, great colours & papers!
Hugs Shell xx

Samantha said...

Super cute card I really love the colour combo too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Dawn Turley said...

this is a gorgeous card and thanks for joining us at RCS... and I so can relate to your post... our cat always brings in rats ( not mice) when Hubby is away and I have to deal to it!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Debs, love the cute image.
I did laugh at your mouse saga lol.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs
Mandy xx

Juls said...

gorgeous! Hugs Juls

Elaine Stark said...

What an ordeal! Lovely card and colours are beautiful. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Annette said...

Fab card for a guy. And I love those little LOTV sentiment tags. Perfect card.
Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for :
ABC Christmas Challenge,
As You Like It Challenge,
Top Tip Tuesday,
The Stamp Basket, and
Stamp Fairy.