Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 4 May 2013

Make it Sentimental at A Gem of a Challenge

Good morning.
Hope the lovely weather we have been having for the last few days continues into this 
Bank Holiday weekend - especially as I am going to London tomorrow with my DH for my wonderful birthday treat - to see The Jersey Brothers and then to have dinner and stay overnight at The Ritz - and then afternoon tea the next day as well - how lucky am I???!!!

Today I would like to share my DT card for 

A GEM OF A CHALLENGE 

and this week I picked the theme 

MAKE IT SENTIMENTAL

Here's what I did:


Next month it will be Aaron and Jamie's birthdays - Aaron on the 10th June and Jamie the day after (but 2 years between them) 
Aaron loves to play golf so I knew this fabulous Keep Calm sentiment would be perfect :o)
I teamed it with some of my gorgeous Teresa Collins Design Papers - so nice I bought two lots and was finding it hard to cut into them but then this is a special card for a special someone :o)

Card Ingredients:
Image: Keep Calm Golf Digi - Pink Gem Designs
Design Papers: Teresa Collins 'Fabrications Linen'
Border Die: Magnolia Doo Hickey Stars
Spellbinders: Classic Circles
White Linen Cardstock embossed with Cuttlebug Spots and Dots EF
Card Candi

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the awesome inspiration from my DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

TBA

Thanks for your visit today - I really appreciate it.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Catch you all later.
TTFN

21 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Fabulous male card Debs! Wow it sounds like you are going to have a fabulous time putting on the Ritz lol! Have fun but I am sure you will! Hugs Susan x

Ali said...

Oooh lucky lady would love to go to the Ritz - we watched Claridges when it was on BBC2 and I said to hubby its lovely there but only the Ritz will do for me lol - erm I'm still waiting!!! Great card I know a few men that sentiment would be good for xx Enjoy your weekend xx

Christine L said...

Brilliant male card Debs... can think of loads of people I could use that for!

Have a wonderful weekend... I'm so jealous! I've heard The Jersey Boys is a wonderful show to see... and then the Ritz??? WOWWWW!

Hugs
Christine x

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie this is absoluteley stunning, hugs Pops x x x

Juls said...

This is just brill!!! Love the embossed golf ball!! Hugs Juls xxx

Claire said...

This is a fab card hun, love the design which really does focus on the sentiment and of course gorgeous papers. Have a lovely day. Hugs, Claire x

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is fabulous Debs. I really love the design and the way you have used the embossing. Those papers are gorgeous.
I hope you have a really wonderful time in London.
hugs Sue xx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Debs! it's a fab sentiment for golfer and I love those scrummy papers…. Aaron will love this! :-)
Hope you have a fab time tomorrow and Monday... enjoy the show and The RItz! should be fab!!!
Big hugs
Sue xx

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Debs, a very special card for a very special person.
I hope you have a fabulous trip to London.
Pauline
x

mixamatoasties said...

Love it. What a perfect card for a golfer. Now, your mission is to remind me of this when it's Andy's birthday in September!!!

Susan xx

Whisper said...

Oh superb hun - a certain FIL would love this, as he plays golf 4days a week !!!

Have a superb weekend in London, you will have a ball, Luv Sam x

downrightcrafty said...

ace sentiment and love the design and colours on this one
Hugs Kate xx

Katina said...

Perfect card for a golf lover!!

I'm dying to see The Jersey Boys - enjoy!!
xxx

coops said...

so stunning debs.fantastic sentiment and papers ;D

xx coops xx

mags said...

A great card Debs. Love the papers and layout. With Fathers Day coming up in June you have give me some much needed inspiration.
Mags
x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fabulous, I love the colours and layout, perfect for the golf sentiment
Lindsay xx

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, FAB card! Great layout and papers and I love the 'Keep Calm' image.

Hope you are enjoying your birthday weekend in London :-)

Lisa xx

Ira Huberts said...

This is such a cool and very masculine card Debs! Love that quote, I've never seen it in combination with golf before though! And such perfect colours, too! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Pauline C said...

Very cool male card Debs - great sentiment. Glad you enjoyed your "big" birthday, and thanks so much for the birthday card you sent me too - it is so pretty :-)
Hugs
Pauline x

Jules said...

Hi Debs

A brilliant card for a golfer .. .. love those papers very much!!!

Hope you have a good week and enjoyed the bank holiday break.

Love Jules xx

pinky said...

Perfect card for a golfer Debs, would go down well in my house.