Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Inspired by a Song at An Oldie But Goodie

Good morning.

Today I'm here to share my DT card for 


and this fortnight the lovely Laurie has picked the theme

INSPIRED BY A SONG

My friend recently asked me to make a card for her nephew who will be 17 this week and she wanted something arty with a car image as he is now old enough to have driving lessons.
This is what I came up with and the great news is she loved it - let's hope the recipient loves it too :o)




My card was inspired by the song - Little Red Corvette - Prince
Everything I have used is 6 months or more old.

Card Ingredients:
Image: Kenny K 'Need for Speed'
Colouring Medium: Copics
Design Papers: My Mind's Eye 'On the Bright Side - One' - MCH
Card Candi coloured with Copic s
Sentiments: Kaisercraft Rub-Ons and Stamp
I added a touch of Glossy Accents to the lights :o)

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the awesome inspiration from my lovely DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Digi Sketch Challenge - Sketch and/or For the Boys
TPE - Masculine Birthday
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Pile it On - For a Teen
That Craft Place - Makes for Men
Paper Creator's Crafts - For the Boys
Papertake Weekly - The Sound of Music
Joanna Sheen - Music & Lyrics
Cupcake Crafts - Lots of Layers

Just a quick post from me today as I need to get ready to go to the hospital for an ultrasound scan on my elbow - those that are regular readers of my blog will know that I recently had an MRI scan but unfortunately they weren't able to get any decent images for the consultant to see what the problem is - so here I go again for another scan :o(
Wish me luck :o)

Thanks for your visit today - it's always lovely to see you here.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

30 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Debs

This is brilliant!

Just perfect for a 17 year old!

I dread to think how much driving lessons are nowadays!!

Have a good day.

Love Jules xx

Janice said...

Love it Debs, creat card and song choice. Hope you get a bit further on at the hospital, Jx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is fabulous love the colours too huggles Pops x x x

Sharon said...

This is fab Debs. I love the image, design and colour scheme.
Hugs Sharon x

Tracey Murphy said...

This is such a fabulous card, Debs! I'm sure the recipient will love it! Love the image and your brilliant design too.
Thank you for sharing with us at Challenges 4 Everybody and good luck!
Tracey x

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is fabulous Debs. I love that image and the papers and layout are brilliant. I also like the way you have added the sentiment.
Good luck with your ultrasound scan.
hugs Sue xx

Loopylou. said...

mornin' debs!!
what an awesome 17 yr old card!! he will love it!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Christine L said...

Brilliant bright card Debs... could also be 'born to be wild' by Steppenwolf! (OK my age is showing)!

Hope the elbow is sorted soon..

Hugs
Christine x

Bea und Doreen said...

gorgeous card Debs. Fab colours and a great image as well
Hugs
Doreen xx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Debs, brilliant layout.
Good luck with the scan, I hope they manage to get what the Consultant needs this time.
Pauline
x

Sue B said...

Ooh this is fab Debs… what a wonderful image and your colouring i s awesome… so much depth to it… I love the scrummy papers and candi… and the words are fab and funky... it's a wonderful card! :-))
I hope you go on ok today hun.... hopefully the ultrasound scan should be more comfortable than MRI one... and it is faster! hope they can find out what the problem is this time and get some treatment sorted out for you!
Take Care
Huge hugs
Sue xx

Ira Huberts said...

Such a cool card Debs! Looks like an image straight out of a comic book with its pretty colours! HUgs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

kingsharon1967 said...

Great card love the labeling. Thank you for joining in the DIgi sketch challenge and good luck - Sharon DT

Tammy said...

This is so cute Debs, what a fun image and I love how you did your sentiment! Perfect song choice too!
Hugs, Tammy

Claire said...

Fab card with a great image and bright colours. How did you get on with the scan? I hope they found something this time? Hugs, Claire x

Katina said...

Brilliant card Debs - perfect for a 17 year old!
x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Debs, I love the image and colouring,great design and papers..superb.

Luv CHRISSYxx

coops said...

so stunning debs.i love your bold colours and fantastic image and design :D

xx coops xx

Sarah said...

Hi Debs - oooh fabulous card! Your colour choices are perfect.

Hope all went well at the hospital.

Sarah

Liz McGuire, said...

Cool card. Hope it goes OK at the hospital,

Liz x

DesignerDiva said...

Hello hunny, I hope all went well today at the hospital?
Super super little card I love it! and your song choice had me in stitches!!
Hugs Laurie xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

What a fun card this is --- love that background paper! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge.

Dips said...

Super card, Debs, such a striking image, this has been a really fun challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

Fantastic card Debs perfect for a teen that image is great so are the colours and design.
hugs
lorraine x

NGCARDS said...

Great creation hun! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

mixamatoasties said...

Love that Debs. It's a great card.

Susan x

Shelly said...

Cute card Debs. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge x

Stacey Schafer said...

what fun!

~*Joni said...

Debs this is adorable! Such a fun song to base a card on. ;) Great coloring, and this guy is one happy fella! Thank you for joining in on our challenge this week at The Pink Elephant!
~*Joni TPE DT

Kimberly Clark said...

what a fun image!! thanks for joining us at Pile it on - I hope you will join us again this week for a new challenge :D Kimberly DT