Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 4 April 2013

Use Acetate at Charisma Cardz

Good morning.
This is my first post for today - I'll be back in the blink of an eye with another :o)

For now though I would like to share my DT card for

CHARISMA CARDZ

and this week it was my turn to pick the theme and I chose

USE ACETATE

Here's what I did:




And here's how I did it:
I started with a square of acetate and pounced some Distress Inks onto and then over-stamped with Kanban  Butterflies and Text image and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
I also stamped the individual butterflies that come with the set onto parchment and heat embossed with white EP and then fussy cut to mount onto the main image panel.
A few adhesive pearls to finish them off.
Then I mat and layered this onto a panel that I had punched using Martha Stewart Scrolled Lace PATP 
I also punched another piece the same size to mount behind the image panel on the inside of the acetate card base to hide the adhesive and also to write my Happy Birthday message to my lovely blogging friend Sue who's birthday was a couple of weeks ago :o)

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the fabulous prizes on offer from our sponsors this week and to see the gorgeous inspiration from my DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:

A Little Bit Crafty - Anything Goes
Country View Crafts - Butterflies
Emma's Cards UK - Butterflies
Visible Image - Get Stamping
Pan Pastel - Anything Goes
Totally Gorjuss - Something Blue

Thanks for popping by today.
I'll be back in a flash with my GDT projects for 

TTFN

11 comments:

Claire said...

Well Mrs, all I can say is WOW!!!!! This is absolutely stunning and I love how you have created this - gorgeous work and I bet Sue was thrilled to have received this. Hope you have a lovely day. Hugs, Claire x

tilly's crafts said...

fabulous effect with the acetate Debs, love it!
Kim x

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!! This is stunning Debs. Such gorgeous colours and the butterflies are so pretty and delicate
hugs Sue xx

coops said...

so stunning deb.really pretty butterflies and i love your delicate design :D

xx coops xx

emma goddard said...

Beautiful card, thanks for entering Emmas Crafty challenge, good luck xx

Sue M B said...

Aww I'm So sorry that I missed this post Debs hun.. I am trying to catch up… but I seem to be doing it all out of order!! :-( so big apologies!!
well I have to say that this card is even more beautiful in real life! I absolutely loved it!! the delicate embossed butterflies are so pretty… and the acetate gives it a lovely light and airy feel… I love the fancy border! it really is an awesome card hun!! thanks so much for it!!
I hope all goes well with your scan results…
Take Care
Love and hugs
Sue xxx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really stunning, I love the colours and the butterflies look amazing. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is so pretty & delicate looking, i love how you've used acertate, the overall effect is amazing x
Thank you for joining us in Emmas Crafty Challenge, good luck
x

Debbie Fisher said...

This is absolutely stunning, gorgeous butterflies & love the colours,Thanks for joining us over at Emmas Crafty Challenge xxx

Brenda Brown said...

What a beautiful card and fabulous acetate technique Debs. Thanks for sharing at it Country View Challenges butterfly challenge this month, so happy you have joined us.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Claudia said...

WOW, FANTASTIC!!!