Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 4 April 2013

Let's Fly Away at In The Pink - GDT

Hello again!!!
As promised I'm back in a flash with another post to share my GDT projects for

IN THE PINK

and this time the theme is

LET'S FLY AWAY

 So lots of things with wings and of course it must be PINK

My first share is a card using one of my older but oh so cute LOTV stamps and a few of my new stash items from the NEC




Card Ingredients:
Image: LOTV 'Little Dot Birthday Wish'
Colouring Medium: Copics
Design Papers: LOTV Nitwits 'Perfect Pair'
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts
Corner Flourish: Sizzix 
Sheer Organza: Craftwork Cards
Sentiment Tags: LOTV
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Adhesive Pearls: Hobbyhouse
Button from stash

Challenges I would like to enter:
Flutterby Wednesday - #234 Flowers
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Sweet Stamps - Spring Pastels
Tip Top Tuesday - Girls and Boys Come Out To Play
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Buttons and Bows

My next project is a 6"x6" canvas wall hanging I made for Jamie's girlfriend Rowena - her birthday was last month.




Here's what I did:
I started by 'painting' the base canvas using a couple of paint tester post from Dulux - in Pink and Cream
Then I stencilled the large swirls from a Sheena Douglass mask using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and some Cut 'n' Dry Foam
I spritzed through another mask with the bird image using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist direct onto the canvas and then also onto some Centura Pearl card and then fussy cut the birds out to 3D mount them on top after they had been given some Frantage treatment.
I also added some Frantage detail to the wooden birdcage - from Hobbycutz and to the metal decorative corners - from Live and Love Crafts

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Christine for inviting me to Guest Design at In The Pink for the last couple of challenges - I have thoroughly enjoyed myself :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:
Creative Craft Challenges - Alter It
A Little Bit Crafty - Anything Goes
Natalie and Amy's - Monochromatic
Sparkles Forum Challenge - Birds
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes

Thanks for popping by (again).
 I really do appreciate your support and love to read all the comments you leave.

Have a wonderful day.
Unfortunately I have a mahoosive basket of ironing that has been shouting at me for the past few days and so far I have managed to ignore - but there is only so long you can do that for isn't there?
TTFN

28 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Debs, love the cute image and pretty pink.. and I think your birdcage canvas is just wonderful..gorgeous work..

Luv CHRISSYxx

In The Pink said...

And it's been a pleasure having you as guest designer also Debs... I just love these fabulous creations... especially that STUNNING canvas!

Big hugs and happy ironing..
Christine x

Claire said...

You are on a roll hun - another two gorgeous pink creations - love them both! And I don't know about the ironing, mine seems to be getting higher and higher by the day and I keep ignoring it pretending its not there, I may start to notice it when it topples over????? Hugs, Claire x

downrightcrafty said...

morning Debs, this is gorgeous
Hugs Kate xx

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Debs, so soft and delicate and lots of lovely details.
Pauline
x

cotnob said...

Two fabulous projects Debs, I love the card - pretty pastel colours and sweet image.
Gorgeous canvas, the swirl background is perfect for your beautiful birdcage and birds.
Pauline
x

Sue - bearhouse said...

Your card is gorgeous Debs, I love the cute image, pretty colours and beautiful detailing.

The canvas wall hanging looks stunning, such a beautiful design and gorgeous colours.

Good luck with the ironing!
Hugs Sue xx

Sonia said...

Hi my dearest friend,really gorgeous ccreations as always^_^
If you want celebrate my first blogaversary I have a surprise candy^_^
Have a beautiful day^_^
Sonia

Lisa T said...

Both projects are beautiful!

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie, WOW these are both just gorgeous!! Hugs Pops x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Debs! Two sweet little cards - both in the pink, and darling subjects. What a special style you use in making things so pretty. hugs, de

Wishcraft said...

They're both gorgeous Debs! The card is so cute and pretty, love that image... and your canvas is stunning! Love all the sparkle, just fabulous hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Danni said...

Both are beautiful! That first one is so cute too! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Tammy said...

Adorable card Debs! I love that sweet LOTV image and the beautiful pink colors! AND your wall hanging is absolutely stunning!! Gorgeous sparkle and design!
Hugs, Tammy

DesignerDiva said...

Hello Hunny I've been a little AWOL but just had nosey around!!
These are both fabulous makes, I'm lovin' the frontage effect so much seeing what you do with it I actually bought some! Goodness knows when I'll get to use it
Hugs Laurie xx

Dewi Lestari said...

Fabulous wall hanging! Thanks for joining at Creative Craft Challenges: Alter It
Hugs
Dewi

Sheryl said...

Amazing project! Your work is so detailed and precise. I'm sure your friend was delighted.
Thanks for joining us at NATALIE & AMY’S this month. Please stop by again. Hugs Sheryl xx

Donna said...

Oooh more scrummy creations Debs, your PG card is too cute and the wall hanging is such an individual piece and a real work of art :) Donna ♥ x

Tracey said...

Both projects are so PRETTY in pink!! LOVE the added dimension and sparkle you have added to these beauties! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show :)

Jenée said...

Very pretty cards -- lovely use of the color pink. Thank you so much for sharing them with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

This is a gorgeous canvas Debs! Love the use of the stencils - I have some and never know what to do with them! Love the pink frantage too!

Thanks for joining us at our first challenge at A Little Bit Crafty - hope to see you again! Hugs Susan x

Wendy said...

great card hun very pretty image thank you for entering in natalies and amys challenge xxx Wendy

Helen said...

Lovely canvas. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our 'Birds' challenge.

Hugs Helen DT xx

Lisa S. said...

Very pretty! Love your use of dies on this card and your colored image. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.

Sanja Grdinić said...

This is just... I wish I was Rowena! :)

Bonnie said...

Great projects! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

lovely colors....thanks for joining at RRR! cherry

Bettina L. said...

She looks absolutely adorable sitting on top of that present. Great design with the flowers, diecuts and layers too. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Top Tip Tuesday xx