Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 30 April 2013

April Showers at An Oldie but Goodie

Good morning.
Today we have a new challenge over at

AN OLDIE BUT GOODIE

and this fortnight my bestest blogging buddy Claire has picked the theme

APRIL SHOWERS

Quite appropriate for this time of the year :o(
On Thursday last week I popped to the shops before picking Jack up from school and as the sun was shining and it was so warm I decided to take the roof off the car (it is meant to come off - I didn't just take a hacksaw to it lol!!!) but on the way back from school - all of a 3 mile journey - we had to pull over and put the roof back on as it started spitting - then 1 minute later there were hailstones the size of  pennies dropping from the sky - so talk about April Showers - what was that all about??!!!

So here's my card - all items used are more than 6 months old:



Card Ingredients:
Image: The Greeting Farm 'Miss Anya Rain'
Colouring Medium: Copics
Design Papers: DCVW 'Linen Closet'
Seam Binding and flower from stash
Sentiment Ticket: Whimsy Stamps 
Sentiment: LOTV
Frantage: Shabby Blue and Shabby White
Broken China Distress Ink

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the gorgeous inspiration from my lovely DT buddies and to see the details of the prize on offer from our sponsor this time.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes
Pile it On - April Showers bring May Flowers
Crafty Calendar - Sunshine and Showers
Polka Doodles - Birthdays with Bling
Cute Card Thursday - Can't Stop the Rain
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Don't forget today is the last day to enter my Celebration Candy - see details here.

I'm off to the hairdressers for an early Birthday treat - a new hairstyle and a relaxing facial - can't wait :o)

Thanks for popping by to see me today.
I really appreciate your visit and look forward to reading any comments you may wish to leave.

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

21 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

Beautiful card Debs! I really must master my Frantage skills! Have a great day - last day of your forties!! Susan x

Christine L said...

love this gorgeous image Debs and your fab use of the frantage... I really am going to have to get mine out again... i want to PLAY!!

Hugs
Christine x

Juls said...

Gorgeous!! Love the colours & the frantage!! Hugs Juls xxx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is Simply Stunning :0) hugs Pops x x x

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous Debs. I love that sweet image, you have coloured her beautifully and the details are wonderful. I really like the way you have added the frantage too, think I may need to save up for some!
I hope you have a wonderful day, will we get to see a photo of your new hairstyle?!
hugs Sue

cotnob said...

This is so pretty Debs, adorable image and I love your papers.
Have a fabulous day tomorrow.
Pauline
x

Lin said...

Cute, Debbie! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Janice said...

So new look Debs, hope you had a relaxing day out and are pleased with the new you? Love your card & the gorgeous colours and the frantage finish, so pretty. Now off to bed early tonight - big day tomorrow (perhaps you'd forgotten?) Jx

pinky said...

This is BLINGING lovely Debs. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
Pinky

Danni said...

Wonderful card!! Very pretty!

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous and a great card for my challenge. Love the image and fabby colours and embellies. Hope you feel pampered - only 1 more sleep until the big day! I hope my package arrived safely today, but no opening until tomorrow! Hugs, Claire xxx

Sue B said...

Aww this is gorgeous Debs… isn't she a sweetie… I love the frantage - so pretty!! and the papers and embellies are beautiful… it's a wonderful card! :-)
Well at least it is dry here today… but still a bit chilly considering it's May tomorrow which I can't believe with this weather!!
Ooh I bet you are mega excited!! one more sleep before your big day!!
Hope you had a nice relaxing facial today hun…have a lovely evening and hope your day tomorrow is full of lots of lovely treats and surprises!! ;-))
Love and hugs
Sue xx

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card - just love the sparkle
Lisa

Sharon said...

Debs, this is gorgeous. The image is adorable and the colour scheme design and embellishments are beautiful.

Thank you so much for the card. I am so chuffed. It is wonderful to receive and hand crafted card when you are used to just giving them out. It is beautiful and I will treasure it. I am so going to have to buy some frantage. x
Hugs Sharon. x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card Hun love that Anya image I have those I must dig them out

Hugs
Em xxx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous colours and details - love that flower... fab card hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

coops said...

so gorgeous debs.stunning papers and i love the image and fab frantage :D

xx coops xx

Tammy said...

Oh this is gorgeous Debs! I love that adorable image and the way you've added the Frantage, so beautiful! Also, a big Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month!
Hugs, Tamy

Donna said...

Gorgeously girly card Debs and such a pretty design. I love how you have done the frantage(?) in white and blue, it looks really effective :) Donna ♥ x

Ellie said...

This is so gorgeous! Loving the image and beautiful design. So happy you played along in my word play saturday challenge!

Asha said...

Oh what a sweet creation! Thanks for joining the Birthdays with Bling challenge at PolkaDoodles. Looking forward to seeing you again next week. ... x
Asha - PolkaDoodles DT
Sunny Summer Crafts