Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 9 March 2013

Floral Frenzy at A Gem of a Challenge

Good morning.
Yippppeeee it's the weekend.
I'm looking forward to having a lovely Sunday lunch at a local carvery with the family tomorrow to celebrate Mother's Day and also my DH birthday - which was yesterday.
Today I will just go with the flow and see what happens :o)

My share for the day is my DT project for

A GEM OF A CHALLENGE

and this week Team Gems are hoping to inspire you with the theme

FLORAL FRENZY

Here's what I did:





I am soooo loving this gorgeous colour combo of Lemon & Grey and just had to use the beautiful new paper release at Pink Gem Designs - Lemon Drizzle as the initial inspiration for my notelets - printed onto Linen Cardstock from The Papermill - for added texture :o)
I have used black cardstock as a striking contrast for my mat and layering and accents.

I wanted to keep the notelets fairly flat (for postage costs) so went for some beautiful die cuts as accents instead of 3D style flowers.

Card Ingredients:
Design Papers: Pink Gem 'Lemon Drizzle'
Memory Box: Prom Poppy and Tilth Floral dies
Martha Stewart: Scrolled Lace Border Punch
Doo Hickey Swirl
Sentiments: LOTV and Hobbycraft

Challenges I would like to enter:
Clearly Inspired - Die Cuts
4 Crafty Chicks - Die for Dies
Die-ing for a Challenge - Flower Power

Thanks for popping by - I really appreciate your visit.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

21 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

A beautiful set of notelets Debs! I love that colour combo too - so pretty! Enjoy your carvery xx

Claire said...

These are so lovely Debs, love this colour combo too - very 80's LOL. Great designs. Hope you have a lovely day today and enjoy your carvery tomorrow. Hugs, Claire x

purpleprincess2007 said...

Beautiful notelets Debs, stunning colour combo and so classy with the sillouettes!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs xx Cara xx

Faye said...

You have been super busy with a gorgeous frenzy of cards Debs. I love, love, love the colour palette. X

DesignerDiva said...

Super cards Debs, I love your colour combo too and the fab die cuts you have used, I'm sure I have some of them somewhere!
Have a lovely day tomorrow
Hugs Laurie xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie...

These are just Gorgeous sweetie..

Have a great Saturday ♥ Pops x x x

Judith said...

These are just fab Debs - I love the colour combo - the black is so striking - have a fab weekend - I it's so good of you to share your Mother's Day meal out with a birthday - I'm keeping mine all to myself, hugs Judith x

Debs M said...

love these x

Cheryl said...

oh gosh hun these are gorgeous love the designs hugs cheryl xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

These are gorgeous Debs. I love those papers and the way you have used them looks fabulous. The designs are stylish and elegant
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
Hugs Sue

Lisa T said...

very striking!

Sue said...

Oh Wow! these are beautiful Debs… the lemon and grey is so pretty! Love the designs… they are so classy and elegant… fab that they are flat for posting too! postage is SO expensive nowadays!
Hope you have a lovely weekend hun!
Big hugs
Sue xx

coops said...

these are gorgeous debs.really stylish designs :D

xx coops xx

Dora said...

O wow Debs these are stunning and so elegant and beautiful. Love how you used the dies, you are so creative. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday xxx

Shea said...

These are awesome cards, Debs! So striking and graphic! LOVE the black CS - it adds great energy to the designs!

Janet said...

These notelets are just Stunning Debs! x

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our Dies challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Sonia said...

Wonderful cards,all so elegant^_^
Classy^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our dies challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Tamie said...

Clean, simple and amazingly stunning! Great color combo, layout and use of dies. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Juls said...

fabulous and stylish cards!! Hugs Juls