Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Hearts and Flowers GDT at Papertake Weekly

Good morning. I'm mega thrilled to be sharing this post with you today as I have been picked to be GDT for

PAPERTAKE WEEKLY 

and this week the theme is

HEARTS AND FLOWERS

Now I guess for most that would scream Valentines but for me I knew I wanted to do something 'different' and I made another wall hanging:





Ohhh I had soooo much fin with this one.
I started by covering the MDF heart - from Joanna Sheen  with some Gesso uisng a natural sponge for a bit of texture and dry brushed some 'Lake' acrylic paint over the top.
Then I stamped the leaf and flourish image and the Sentiment from Sheen Douglass 'A Little Bit Sketchy - Flower Power' and 'Only Words - From the Heart' using Stazon and heat embossed with clear EP.
I 'coloured' some white cardstock using some pearlised acylic paints and then overstamped the flower images and fussy cut them out. I also stamped the small solid flower image using Broken China DI
I also dabbed the solid flower stamp into the pearlised paint and stamped over the background of the heart.
I added a few Martha Stewart butterflies punched from the painted cardstock as well.
I used a Word Window punch to punch the words 'Dreams, Wishes, Laughter, Smiles' (from a Teresa Collins stamp set) and inked the edges with Broken China DI.
A few adhesive pearls and some co-ordinating seam binding finished it all off.

Hope you like it :o)

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the inspiration from the regular DT and to see what the fab prize is from the sponsor this week.

Challenges I would like to enter:
Addicted to Stamps - Pearls and Swirls
Anything but a Card - Share the Love
Come and Get It - Show us your Heart
Corrosive Challenges - Hearts and Flowers
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Girly
Stamptacular Sunday - From the Heart
The Squirrel and the Fox - Love
Totally Gorjuss - Love
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - Love is in the Air

Thanks for popping by today - I really appreciate your visit.

Yesterday I steam cleaned the kitchen and all the cupboards and today I'm attacking the bathrooms - wish me luck :o(

Have a wonderful day.
TTFN 

30 comments:

Christine L said...

Morning Debs

Your wall hanging is fabulous... and I bet you did have fun! Think I may have to try something like this soon!

Hugs
Christine x

Janice said...

You seem turbo charged at the moment Debs! Steam cleaning as well as crafting so many beautiful items - I'm impressed! Well done on being a GD at Papertake - bet they're pleased they asked you. This wall hanging is amazing & just so pretty. Lovely work again, Jx

PS Have fun in the bathroom!

Janette said...

Great card, thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely beautiful, I love those soft blues and the floral images and sentiment are so gorgeous
Lindsay xx

DesignerDiva said...

Morning Hunny what a fabulous start to the day - seeing this! Gorgeous and so right up your street getting all inky (or painty in this case!)
HUgs Laurie xx

Sue - bearhouse said...

Congrats on your GDT spot.
This is stunning Debs. Such a beautiful delicate design. The colours are gorgeous and the detailing is just wonderful.
Hugs Sue

Whisper said...

Oh gorgeous and am loving the colour too, luv Sam x

Sue said...

Oh Wow! this is really beautiful Debs… I love the shades of blue.. so pretty… and those flowers are fab! so many lovely details … it's a stunning creation hun!!
Big Congrats on your GDT Position!
Hope the steam cleaning went ok… ;-))
Take Care
Big hugs
Sue xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Flynn) said...

What a gorgeous wall plaque Debs and big congratulations on your Guest DT!! xx

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Debs, such a beautiful colour and I love the dimension you have created by layering the flowers - just beautiful.
Pauline
x

Helen said...

This is beautiful! I love the way you've coloured it and the design.

Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and the Fox.

Helen x

Céline said...

really stunning, i love it
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday
hugs
céline

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous creation Debs :) I love the whole design of this, absolutely fabulous ! LOVE it :)

Luv
Lols x x x

pinky said...

Oh that is so so pretty Debs, gorgeous shade of blues and beautiful sentiments.

Debbie said...

Stunning Debs.Just ordered these word stamps too as they are gorgeous.Beautiful and special wall hanging.Hugs Debbie x

Vicky said...

Ooooh simply fabulous hun...and I love the colours too..:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous hun, love the technique you have used and fabulous colours. Great project. Hugs, Claire x

sassy said...

superb project hun...so very pretty colours thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ hugs sassyxx

MagsB said...

Congratulations on your GDT post! What a fabulous creation, it is so beautiful, the gentle colours are delicious!

love Mags B x

Karal Schuknecht said...

Beautiful, I love that you have used blues instead of pink on this project. Thanks for playing this week at Come and Get It.
Karal GDT

Judy McKay said...

Wonderful project. Great design. Love the words. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy

Donna Mosley said...

Ooh! Debs, this is so amazing hun, love it!

Donna x

Christine L said...

HI Debs
Me again.... sorry, I forgot to say earlier ... thanks for sharing with us at Totally Gorjuss!!

Hugs
Chrstine x (GDT)

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty wall hanging heart...Thanks for playing along with us over at Brown Sugar Challenge!

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Thanks for joining us for this fortnight challenge at the Corrosive Challenger. Good luck and I hope to see you again real soon!

arjette said...

Oohhh this is really beautiful!!!!
Thank you for joining us at ATSC!!

gr. arjette.

Mandy said...

Ooooh Debs your wall hanging is stunning, so very pretty, I'm going back for another look lol.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps
hugs Mandy xx

Patricia said...

Wonderful creation! The added dimension on your flowers are great. Thanks for joining us at Eclecti Ellapu this week.

Christy said...

This is beyond gorgeous! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT :) Anything but a Card :) :) :)

Lisa S. said...

Beautiful wall hanging! I love the flowers and the heart shape is awesome. :)