Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 19 January 2013

A Money Box for Oliver

Good morning.
How are you all doing with the snow - we had about 6 inches or more yesterday but lucky no more so far today!!
Jack was REALLY happy to have a snow day and set off to sledge and have a snowball fight but not so happy when I shouted him back in to change out of his new chinos he got at Christmas!!!!! Boys just don't think do they lol!!!

So yesterday I shared a money box I decorated for my scrummilicious Lola Arizona and today I would like to share the one I decorated for my squidgilicious Oliver :o)




Here's what I did with this one:
Painted it with Gesso and then a coat of pearlescent blue acrylic paint.
Then I dabbed some white Stazon onto a Creative Expressions mask 'Retro Cirles' and pressed it onto the painted money box.
I also painted the large MDF letter and covered it with a piece of co-ordinating Design Paper - now some may think - just like I did that the letter is skew whiff  - but I checked with the MDF man and he said it  wasn't - but I'm still not too sure lol!!!
A die cut star, some metallic cord and a button to finish it off.

Thanks for popping by today - it's great to see you here.
Have a fabulous weekend.
Stay safe and warm.
TTFN

13 comments:

Janet said...

Wow loving these money boxes.....you are very talented! x

Janice said...

I think there will be two very happy little kiddies with these great money boxes Debs. Another beauty. Glad you got all the snow for a change, Jx

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous Debs, I love the colours and beautiful papers too.
I hope you have a good weekend
Hugs Sue

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Debs, Wow, what a gorgeous mony box for Oliver - decorated beautifully and lovingly - it looks great! I really like the way the "O" is positioned and if it had been totally straight, I don't think it would look as good. Have a lovely weekend, Big Hugs, Teresa xx

Sonja said...

very nice. :).

coops said...

so stunning debs.fabulous paper and i love the fab star detail :D

xx coops xx

Claire said...

This one is just fab too hun - Oliver is going to love putting his money in this. Great choice of colours. Hugs, Claire x

Sue said...

Aww this is fab Debs! what a beautiful design - love those scrummy papers and the letter and star detail are gorgeous… I'm sure Oliver will love this… :-)
Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Stay safe and warm!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Lisa Jane said...

Two fab little money boxes... so cute . love the papers on this one
sorry i havent been around much this week
Lisa x

Christine L said...

Oooh another fabbie money box! love how you've decorated this one too!

Hugs
Christine x

Katina said...

Wow, another gorgeous money box, Debs! I bet they were both thrilled with them and what a great way to encourage them to save their pennies.
xx

Jules said...

Hi Debs

Love the money boxes you have been showing .. .. lots of work in those!

Gorgeous colours too.

Have a good week and stay safe in the snow.

Love Jules xx

cotnob said...

These are fabulous money boxes Debs, I bet Lola and Oliver loved them - it's good to see we have a young crafter in the making.
Pauline
x