Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 23 December 2012

Xmas Home Decor

Good morning.
Ooohhh I'm really getting excited now - only 2 more sleeps until the Big Man in the Red Suit puts in an appearance :o)

I have (like many others I'm sure) got a busy couple of days ahead so I have started bright and early this morning - bedding stripped and in the wash - oven cleaner doing it's magic - Christmas cake to decorate - mince pies made yesterday - tomorrow I plan to hit Sainsburys as soon as it opens at 6am - then hairdressers at 8.30am and finally Waitrose to collect Christmas dinner pre-order at 11.00am 

Hopefully by the afternoon I will get a chance to have a little crafty play time :o)

Today I would like to share a little Home Decor item with you.

I got the blank MDF 'XMAS' from the GNPE at Harrogate earlier this year.


Covered with Design Papers from Craftwork Cards 'Krafty Christmas Goody Bag'
Then I painted over the top with Pearlescent Paint 'Mother of Pearl'


A Spellbinders snowflake die cut in textured gold card with a Martha Stewart snowflake punched in Kraft card and an adhesive pearl in the centre to finish it off


And here it is on display:


I love the end result - hope you do too :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:
2 Sisters - Krafty Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Anything Christmas Goes
Totally Gorjuss - Easy Does It
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything Goes
Fairy Tale - Pimp Up Something
Creative Moments - Anything But a Card
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Tip Top Tuesday - Anything Goes

Before I go I would also just like to share a photo of Pickle-Lily Cat making herself at home amongst the decorations I had put out ready to do the dining room for Christmas Day:




She is such a cat!!!

Thanks for popping by today.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
TTFN

16 comments:

Mary J said...

LOL, your cat is soooo funny! And pretty!

Love the home dec, Debs - so beautiful! The snowflakes and ribbon finish it off perfectly!

Sue - bearhouse said...

WOW!!! Your decoration looks wonderful Debs. I love the colours and the gorgeous pearly finish.

Awwww your cat looks so pretty and festive!!

I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, This is gorgeous! I bought a NOEL set to decorate but never got round to doing it. Found it yesterday while I was tidying my craft area aka dining room! Maybe next year.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Lisa x

Helene E said...

wow, that is absolutely stunning, I've passed letters like these in the shops but never bought any. Why, oh why didn't I?

And lucky you the cat only lies on the tinsel, my Saga goes absolutely ape when we bring out tinsel. I rearrange it on the tree every morning =)

Jenny said...

Fab decoration, so pretty. Just perfect! I love that your cat has been in on the act and decorated herself too :-D Merry Christmas Jen xx

Hazel said...

Your cat looks well at home there! Your Xmas project is gorgeous - thanks for linking for my CHNC challenge 104 - hope to see you again soon. Happy Christmas. x

Sarah said...

Debs this is stunning and I love your cat x

Pami said...

What a great project Debs, I love how it looks when its in place, I think I will have to do one for next year!

Love the photo of your little kitty too! Coco has just been taping one of the baubles on the tree with great glee!

Have a very lovely Christmas and happy new year.
Pami x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Debs this is fantastic and such a beautiful decoration I love, love your kitty all covered with tinsel, lol, how cool is he. Debs I would like to wish you and your family much happiness for the Christmas holidays
hugs
lorraine x

coops said...

so stunning debs.really love the snowflakes and sparkle.great pic of your cat too :D

xx coops xx

Juls said...

fabulous creation!! Hugs Juls

Bianca said...

What a stunning christmas decoration! Pickle-Lily knows what´s pritty too ;o) Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

michele said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week :)

Elaine Stark said...

This is fabulous and very stylish. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

patty said...

wonderful, but the best is the cat, thanks for enjoying us at fairytale, love, patty

Nela said...

Georgeous creation in beautiful colours!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge!
Hugs Nela