Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Stitching at Stampavie

Good morning. Hope you are all keeping well and those not I wish well soon. 
Hello and welcome to my newest followers too - so lovely to see you here.

Today I would like my DT card for 

STAMPAVIE AND MORE 

and the theme this fortnight is 

STITCHING

I made this card for my MiL who's birthday was yesterday so know it has been received and was liked very much :o)

I tried a different technique for this image - I coloured the rubber stamp - Hero Arts 'Dogwood Rose' with some Whispers water colour pens and then stamped the image - it gives a lovely soft water-coloured effect.
I added some scrummy resin flowers I got from Hobby House at GNPE to the stamped flower centres.
Alpha stickers from stash and numbers die cut using Memory Box die.
Image panel edges distressed with Old Paper Distress Ink for a soft vintage feel and then pierced with TH design ruler and faux stitched with Whisper pen.
Design Papers - MME Miss Caroline Fiddlesticks
I also used my scrummy new Memory Box corner bow die - I love it!

Hope you can find some time to join in the fun with us this fortnight.
Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the awesome inspiration
 from my lovely DT buddies.

Challenges I would like to enter:
Friday Sketch Challenge - Sketch #28
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad - Distress It
A Gem of a Challenge - Flowers
By the Cute and Girly - Birthday

Thanks for your visit today - I really appreciate it.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

21 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

your card has a beautiful weathered look.. i love the papers and the stamping technique .
Lisa x

Vicky said...

WOW...........this is a beauty hun I so love this flower its gorgeous!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Judith said...

Hi Debs this really popped out at me on my dashboard this morning - its just so pretty - love the effect you created with the stamped image and I love that memory ox die ( just bought it myself and I'm itching to use it! ) have a great day hugs Judith x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Lovely card hun great papers!

Em x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Debs this is delicious! It is so soft and pretty and just oozing feminine! Love love love it :)

PS Thanks for playing along at The Crafty Pad :)

Sue said...

Wow! this is beautiful Debs! what a gorgeous design and layout… Love the vintage feel and the stamp looks so pretty with the Watercolour Pens and those added flowers! :-)
Hope you're having a good week!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

Joey said...

Debs this is so pretty, love the flower centres too. Joey x

lalkygirl said...

What a stunning card ,I love the weathered look and that stamp is so pretty
Thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
Tracey x

Mau xx said...

This is Beautiful Debs, love the stamp with the water colour look.
Love that die too, a must have :)
Hugs Mau xx
its good be back on line, thanks for leaving me some love xx

Dawn Lancaster said...

Debs, your card is just so pretty & is just perfect for the Distress It Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Claire said...

This is such a pretty card and not surprised she loved it. Gorgeous colours and elements. Hugs, Claire x

Susan Flynn said...

Really pretty Debs. Love the effect you got on the stamped image will have to try that maybe with my DMs. Bet your MIL loved it!! x

Brigitte said...

Your card is lovely and I love the water colour effect! Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Debs said...

Really great card, love your take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge this week.
Hugs Debs

Diane said...

Debs your card really has a lovely soft distressed vintage feel !! So pretty !! So glad you could join us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

hugs Diane xx

Chrissy said...

Where have I been Debs, to miss this one too, this is just gorgeous, I love the flower centres so pretty, fabulous papers too and love the corner die.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mamma Mia said...

Hi Debs - Gorgeous card ... very pretty and feminine! Thanks for sharing it The Crafty Pad in our "Distress It" challenge.
Helen x (DT)

Shirley said...

Very pretty card, love the image and the papers. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
Shirley xx

Christine said...

Gorgeous creation love the flower centres..

Thanks for sharing at AGOAC this time

smiles Christine x

Christine said...

I've been umming and ahhing over that bow Memory Box die but it is stunning. This is a great take on the sketch. I really love it! Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge this fortnight. Good luck xx

Geraldine said...

Love your watercoloured effect and the backing paper suits it perfectly.
Thank you for entering BTC&G's birthday challenge and good luck.
Geraldine