Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Spots & Stripes at An Oldie But Goodie

Good morning. 
I'm here with my first DT post for today and this one is for 


and this fortnight the lovely Helen has picked the theme

SPOTS AND STRIPES

Here's what I did:
Unfortunately I had a request from my MiL for a sympathy card recently and I wanted to keep the design simple but elegant. The card is for one of my MiL's oldest friends. He was the Best Man at her wedding and he also Christened Jack many years later.
I recently won some images from Floppy Latte Designs and I chose this Lily Card Frame as I thought it would suit this sad occasion. I simply added the text before I printed the image off and then fussy cut it out.
My six months or more items are the Design Papers - my Mind's Eye 'Lost & Found' and the gorgeous satin ribbon.
The pearl swirl was bought recently at GNPE.

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check out the fabulous inspiration from my DT buddies.

I don't think I would like to enter any challenges with this card - I'm just so sorry I had to make it :o(

I'll be back very shortly with a much happier card for my last GDT project for Loves Rubberstamps.

Until then - thanks for popping by.
TTFN

4 comments:

Fluffles said...

A perfect card for the occasion. Beautiful design, Jx

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is beautiful Debs.
Always such a hard card to make, the design and colours are elegant and so right for the occasion.

hugs Sue

DesignerDiva said...

Hello Hunny what a beautiful card for such a sad occasion, simple and stylish was definitely the way to go.

Love your card below too, it would be perfect for my challenge at LCI this week
Hugs Laurie xx

Tracy said...

Hi Debs
Love your spots and stripes. This is a gorgeous creation, love your simple layout just right for that type of card.
Happy crafting
Tracy x