Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 13 September 2012

Shrink Plastic at MAWTT

Good morning. This is my second post for today - please scroll down for my DT post for Charisma this week - or click here.

This time I'm here to share my DT project for 


and our gorgeous Shell picked the theme

SHRINK PLASTIC

Here's what I did: 
There are so many different techniques on this card to share with you :o)
I started with making the flutterbys - using my all time favourite flutterby stamp from Creative Expressions

I stamped the image 3 times with Archival Black Ink onto the shrink plastic - when the ink was dry I turned the shrink plastic over and dabbed 3 colours of alcohol inks over the images - cut them out and blasted them with my heat gun until they shrunk - moulding them slightly whilst they were still soft and warm.
 Then I created my background Design Paper - using a gloss card and dabbing alcohol inks all over. I over stamped this with Penny Black Script stamp and then added some scrummilicious Stampendous Frantage embossing powders, glitters and enamels and heat embossed from underneath - I loooovvvveeee this technique - it is soooooo sparkilicious :o)
 A little inking around the edge of the card base and some simple mat and layering onto co-ordinating cardstock - with one edge punched using Martha Stewart Doily border punch.
A few adhesive pearls added to the flutterbys and some Viva Decor Pen pearls added to finish it off.
Sentiment - LOTV
  I really did have fun making this card - I hope you like it :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:
Paperminutes - No Design Paper
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesday - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers - Winged Things
Make it Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for popping by (again)!!!
Hope to catch up with you all later.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

22 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

WOW! this is just stunning missus, love the flutterbuts & the sparkle is fab!
Hugs Shell xx

Cheryl said...

oh wow love this hun those butterflies are just gorgeous and love the background brilliant hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is so pretty .... i just love the background and the way you shaped the butterflies
Lisa x

Pami said...

Wow Debs, this is fabulous! Love all the sparkle and pretty colours and the butterflies are so pretty! You are so clever!! Pami x

Sue said...

Wow! your butterflies are so pretty Debs… love the colours… and the background paper you've made is gorgeous… love all the glitters and embossing… it's a stunning card hun!
Hope you have a lovely day
Love and Hugs
Sue xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh goodness me, this is amazing, what a wonderful creation, Love the butterflies they are so pretty, bet they are even better in real life, hope alls well, Love Hxx

Birgit said...

Debs you have done a fabulous job from the butterlies to sparkling this one! Absolutely gorgeous!Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday this week.

Faye said...

Debs, this is a fantastic creation. Love the background and I think the butterflies are fab. X

Bea und Doreen said...

wow, this looks amazing hun. Fabby background
big hugs
Doreen
take care

Mary J said...

Oh my, that is soooo pretty Debs!!

Josephine said...

Gorgeous - love all the glitz!

Thanks for joining the 'winged things' challenge at Crafty cardmakers.

Susan Flynn said...

Gorgeous butterflies Debs they are perfect on your pretty card x

Loopylou. said...

swoon oh debs they look absolutely gorgeous hun, i love how you wibbled them whilst they were still pliable,it makes them look so floaty
huge hugs Lou xxx

Claire said...

WOW so many fabulous techniques hun, love them all and the butterflies are just amazing and love the colours. Hope all is well with you my lovely. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous sweetie & I soooooo love those butterflies.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Marjorie said...

Oh My Word...This is just so gorgeous...love what you have done with those butterflies, love all the sparkle too!!...Thank you for sharing such a WOW!! card with us this week at Make it Monday...
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Jack said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love thebutterflies and fab colours.xxx

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
My entries are: #23, #109, and #213.
I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…
Hugs,
Julia

Jen Leeflang said...

This is just gorgeous - I must give that technique a try! Thanks for entering our challenge at Through the Craftroom Door. I look forward to your entry for our next challenge.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
TTCRD DT

Angela Weimer said...

Fabulous! Love the textures and dimension. Thanks for joining us at TIOT and have a great week. Angela

Ildiko Cseh said...

I'm loving it, just love all the textures, thanks playing along with TioT this fortnight
hugs
Ildiko